Redpill me on this show, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_of_Tears_murders
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Island_serial_killer
youtu.be/BvWOje46Xp8
youtu.be/MKK3XDI7wTE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

its a big show

Pretty realistic portrayals of Ed Kemper and Jerry Brudos. Those parts alone make the show worth watching. The rest of it is your typical Netflix cheese dicking

sadly this. Peaked with Kemper, which were admittedly great scenes.

the kansas scenes are shit, kemper is great. otherwise its shit.

I enjoyed the chemistry between Holder and Bill. It wasn't a good friendship, but enough to where they clearly enjoy each other's presence MOST of the time. The interviews with the killers really set it as Netflix's best original show in my opinion. And my favorite parts are the little murder mysteries they'll help solve for a while. I like they're blend of their work/crime drama and their more relatable home and family drama, which they have a small, yet good enough to satisfy and as I said, relate. Acting is pretty good, not the greatest with some like Debbie. But all in all, it's pretty kino as far as crime shows go.

good soundtrack

its kino

people refuse to take it seriously because its a netflix show

if HBO aired this there'd be fanboys everywhere calling it the new true detective

Seriously? I'm watching for the first time and I've made it to the scene where they're talking in a bar. This is some of the worst acting I've ever seen, lol

>tfw into the light

fincher really likes this kind of shit, he has a personal interest in the subject and wanted to do something similar to zodiac

ford you

sucked

It will be kino when it's completed. For now it's just alright with great scenes.

hang in there. episode 2 is much better.

A beautiful love story between ed kemper and holden ford.

I just hope the broad love interest gets less screen time. It is picking up and I've just started episode 2. The non-stop shoehorning of social issues is kind of annoying.

She knew that the niggers weren't Black Panthers and rather engineering students because every single one of them had violated her White snatch previous to her encounter with Holden Narcfeld

Basically parroting everyone else at this point, but Kemper and the soundtrack are the highlights and they're REALLY fuckin good. Everything else is average, but entertaining, drama. The gf and I watched the first four episodes blind on a whim and really enjoyed them.

I really can’t stand the dialogue between the detectives. Marvel movie tier quips with added pessimism. Humans don’t communicate like that.

Why are they setting up BTK as the main case if he doesn’t get caught until 2005?

Exactly what I'm talking about. Who would've thought huddles of black engineers got together and went to the bar together in the 70's, how convenient

fucking retarded

wtf happened at the end? kemper hugged him and he having an autistic freakout

He was so overcome by love,it scared him.

he had a panic attack because he realised that he was in too deep

Big guy took his metaphorical mask off.

Is Holden going to murder the hot prof once he gets denied by her.
He's the tuna man

The scenes with the girlfriend are pointless and makes no difference to the main plot

and are annoying

are there any modern serial killers? i doubt it is impossible to become one these days

Willy Pickton

I think theres a serial killer thats active atm between Vancouver and Washington

I'd like to add that there is so much in this series that feels like filler
Like what is the point of those scenes with the dyke giving tuna can to a hypothetical cat?

>nonstop shoehorning of social issues
Oh just wait til you get to the episode where they introduce the lady psychologist

Vancouverite here, tell me more

agreed with this. especially the personal life of the main character is absolutely boring and medicore, the rest isn't special either, but kemper was very good also the other serial killers

Its not bad if they base it off a real person

most of them go mass shooter mode.

watched through episode 4 so far
good shit

you're gonna hate this show.

Funny, I turned the show off at that point, the acting in that scene is fucking atrocious.

She even calls them handsome, just to make it more obvious.

>characters based off of real people are automatically good
Trust me bruv, I watched the whole season. She'll make you gnash your teeth in frustration.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_of_Tears_murders

Its this i think,not sure though..

on episode 3, i just turned it off this is shit

thats just the must have liberal propaganda in every netflix show. like, the female prof is the smartest one and the men are just kinda hard workers, while the women are the real intellectual force behinde them, and that sort of crap. you have to endure this in literaly every american show if they are made after 2005-2010 or so

I watched it all,her scenes are kinda boring but she is far less annoying than the GF

That's in Prince George, wrong side of the province my guy.

My area has the smiley face killer

True, the gf is way worse. I'd almost forgotten about her until I read this post.

I'm on episode 7 and it's getting pretty terrible. It's like a shitty True Detective, with the autistic, sexually incompetent yet skilled at interrogation cop and the older, macho cop who's got troubles at home and has no time for his loony partner's bullshit. Also what the fuck is the point of the sperg in the cold openings?

This guy is active and people speculate that there are way more bodies than just what's been found so far.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Island_serial_killer

Yeah,thats why i said i wasn't sure.
Seems like the perfect area to get away with something like that though so its pretty spooky,i wonder if canada has many active serial killers.

its Dennis Rader aka BTK, they're probably setting him up as a big villain later on, he wouldn't get caught until the 90s
youtu.be/BvWOje46Xp8

Spotted the pleb that didn’t understand Holden’s character arc

Not true. The woman thinks too highly of herself, betrays the unit, and gets btfo by the harsh reality of the Georgia DA

I thought his arc wasn't very subtle at all

>spotted the pleb who eats up every medicore bullshit """character arc""" story
i bet you cried when he broke up with his gf, top kek

nothing about this show is outself the realm of pleb

>mfw plebs think big budget and high production values means quality
Why do I share a boards with these morons

After a few episodes I just started skipping all the scenes with Holden and his woman, they're awful and so unnecessary. I'd rather they just draw out the interview scenes longer and make it look like Holden has little to nothing going on in his personal life.

It starts off very subtle. His necktie gets looser. He gets gradually more assertive. The shirt gets more untucked. He eventually loses the tie altogether. His hair gets wilder. He curses and starts acting more and more arrogant. It was well done.

If you don’t understand how his career and personal life are feeding off each other I don’t know what to tell you. Maybe you should stick to NCIS and Bones.

>seems like the perfect area to get away with something like that
Definitely. For a long time there were no bus routes in that area, so if you didn't have a car you had to hitchhike.

So I want to watch this, please tell me the main guy is not like Rust

not really, he's meek, that's like his defining characteristic

I don't really enjoy those scene either, but I wouldn't call them unnecessary. At least not yet. I have a feeling that part of his personality will later be more relevant.

great show, but I do skip the scenes with him and his girlfriend

>he's meek
Until 8 ripe cunts.

Thats because the script is LITERALLY what Kemper said in interviews, word for word. youtu.be/MKK3XDI7wTE

Bingo

he's the polar opposite of Rust, extremely optimistic and thinks he can save the world if he just understands enough people and problems

But you’ll miss out on all the pussy eating

He changes a lot by the end of the season

What was going through Ferd's mind in this moment?

Ok, I'll give Sup Forums an undeserved last chance

yes, but its pretty rushed because (luckily) they didnt spend too much time on his personal relationship, but because of that its a very obvious that they want to develop his character in a certain way. also his gf was very irritating, i'd say she was a caricature of modern western women if i didnt know better (that netflix wouldnt do that)

He's gonna cut off my head and rape my neck hole.

the show literally sucks shit

The only man in the world who treats me like a friend is a serial killer.

>all the gf scenes have that abysmal 60's raga rock or whatever
What the fuck's the point? We get it, she's a hippie slut

BTK was caught in 2005. The show is set in 1977, my guess is this is the case that Holden and Bill fail to solve and haunts them for the rest of their careers.

that was one of the worst parts of e1. "oh look i said nasty words im so sexually liberated and cool and i love sex!!". after a few years i'm so bored of this kind of behavior that i actually appreciate alot when girls at my college don't talk like common whores

I got it the first time, she's lonely. Talk about filler....

You’re in college and annoyed by girls that enjoy sex?

user.... I have no words...

>not getting its because she misses pussy

The tuna reminds her of the grandma pussy she was eating out before the breakup

It's ok. Good show if you like watching men looking at a bunch of photos and talking about their feelings. Sometimes they also listen to audio recordings of them talking.

and when the tuna is full of bugs and shes frightened by it, its a symbol of her turning straight and banging holden in the next season?

Not that guy but I'm pretty sure the sexual revolution is turning men into Al Bundy.

D e e p e s t L o r e

That is also what I think. It will read a lot like Zodiac this way.

Holden and Bill establish earlier in the season that neither of them actually consider Kemper a friend and that they're both freaked out by him.

In that scene at the end, Holden is terrified that Kemper is going to kill him. When he goes in for the hug he's disgusted. Imagine someone who revolts you forcing that kind of intimacy on you. He then has a panic attack because recently he's become egotistically detached from the horror of his subjects due to his newfound skill in manipulating them, and Kemper forcing himself on him in a way that he can't control snaps him out of it. At least this is how I interpreted it.

Anita?

>didnt watch the show
the character changes a lot from the begining by the end

Holy shit Mr. Rogers plays Nathan Fielder and Anita Sarkeesian?

how can you instantly tell david fincher directed something just by briefly glancing at a screenshot

what defines his style and why is it so distinctive

washed out grainy bullshit filter

ed kemper was the most likeable character in the whole show, the acting was great aswell. its a bit funny when you watch his interviews and half of his dialogue is word-from-word taken from them

There's a guy performing cunnilingus in the shot.

I thought it was because this very large man coule crush his back bane style and with him freely moving next to him with no one else around he became incredibly aware of that.