youtube.com/watch?v=SHQiWqvh1fo
youtube.com/watch?v=CIzCjVPBRnE
youtube.com/watch?v=5_cMRdE06Rc
youtube.com/watch?v=N8axhZzIdWY&list=PL4BA0EB8FC7B4B020&index=8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

japs are so fucking bad at action

>akagi
>action

The problem is they're too faithful to the adaptation, you don't need wacky anime hair in a live action. They try to emulate the source material without providing anything new.

reminder the guy who did the animes soundtrack is still in prison like six years later for possession of 0.1g of weed

it's excellent.
In fact, a short Season 2 started last Friday night on Skapaa, but I've yet to find raws.
If anyone has raws, post in thread.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Kaiji sound track guy or is it the same person.

Good. If I ran the nation it'd be death by firing squad for that.

man that's wack

fuck you faggot, it's always dumbass civilians that say shit like this

Watching japs try to make themselves look like anime characters is always cringe-inducing.

Tell me, who would assign the squad?

same guy

where the living FUCK are the raws for S02E01?

he had 110$ of weed apparently

>dumbass civilians
Marijuana is a plague and anyone who uses it need to be purged. The only dumbasses are the ones who defend its existence and those who abuse it.

I have no idea how majhong works so I just watched the Saki one because it had cute girls.

do you mean the Saki anime or the Live action?

cool faggot, tell it to every combat vet at fort bragg that would destroy your ass for a chance to smoke pot every now and then

> fighting Israel's wars
no wonder they've got to self medicate

The live one. I think it was only a handful of episodes.

good luck finding soldiers for your death squads then, idiot

yeah I liked that.
I think the episodes were only made to promote a movie, but I never saw the movie.
Looking for it now

>tfw don't understand majhong can someone explain it to me

i really liked kaiji

Akagi is great though, plebs don't even watch it and talk shit about it.

wait there's a live one? they better not have any panties

get with the tacos, swam

How did you get past the mahjong games in Kaiji if you don't understand it? Also this will take a while so sit down and pay attention.
youtube.com/watch?v=hlnC2rgIPrc

I honestly think you can't enjoy the Akagi live action if you don't know at least some Mahjong mechanics.
But the anime is easy to understand pretty much. Fortunately there isn't much overlap between the anime and live action. Live action functions as a pretty decent sequel.
Just watch the anime

i only watched the anime i don't remember their being majhong in it

i love Akagi and i didn't know any mahjong. hell after watching and reading the manga is when i started learning basic mahjong, its basically poker anyway

Ah, that explains it. You should read the manga since the majority of it is never going to get adapted anyway.
The tensions is built on such a masterful level than understanding the game isn't necessary but you lose out on so much if you don't get it.

>it is never going to get adapted anyway.

why its fucking brilliant they made this new high school gambling anime that i tried watching but it was shit compared to kaiji

Are you scared dat da coloreds gun dun beat ya up if yun gun smoke sum dat wackie tabacci they sellin all ova dat dere CALiforn-ia, like dem dirty cheecharoonies takin da whole place ta hell? Sheeeit, you dun made me prouda mai kin, we in the league now, gunna tell dem city slicken fagggots wats whut, tellin dem coon niggers dat dey ayent gettin any dis milky pussy wif dat devlis latice dey sellin. fucken-a if ima gonna let dem niggers pull that voodoo shit on me.

Apparently Akagi and Kaiji are different things. I always assumed it was the same thing when they got posted on here, they look like the same thing.

It's party of their autism. They think character who look like (considering real life) the characters from the manga/anime, have their mannerism etc is enough to make a movie adaptation.

I liked the premise where she doesnt really want to win and just gets the 0 score. Might try to watch the animé.

>Memegurui
>lets make a gambling anime
>but lets focus on the girls
>with long legs
>genius!!!
what a fucking piece of shit manga / anime. There's no fucking tension since Kakerui is a meme character. Only thing that would make me watch that shit again is if they actually scissored

Only if it actually ENDS

it's good, but not on Akagi's level.
Fukumoto's games are all well thought out. Everything in Saki is all luck.
youtube.com/watch?v=4P6U3LRMFAY

Why has anime deteriorated so badly?

It's too niche and the only girl isn't a moeblob so that's that.
Both series are by the same author so it's only natural. Akagi is the suave gambling master while Kaiji is the human trash NEET gambling addict.

Akagi isn't suave

Well you write your own description of him then. I tell you I don't get no respect around here.

If I ran the nation you would be the first to get death by firing squad just for being this fucking retarded.

Is yelling cunt a part of mahjong?

He's an asshole that always wins

Isn't Kaiji like an autistic genius when it comes to gambling?

>welfare queen
lmao

The most important part.

No, Kaiji is a terrible gambler, he lost something like 600 thousand yen in one day when playing regular pachinko. His success relies on cheating. Look at his victories over the series, he only ever wins when he's rigging the game in his favour. Sometimes even that isn't enough, like with the lottery where he got outsmarted and he completely panicked when things didn't immediately go his way.

he's good at seeing though cheats and rigging his own. But he is trash

Trash he is. Also it occurred to me I haven't ever seen Kaiji's live action movies, how are they?

>Why has anime deteriorated so badly?
there is hope

No, that's Akagi.

Kaiji is pic related

that picture accurately depicts the downfall of anime

Check out One Outs! if you liked the anime of kaiji/akagi. It's basically the same show but with baseball. It's a little more ridiculous because of it but it's the same style and was very addictive. Same author.

>Same author
Nope. One Outs is by the author of Liar Game, both of which are decent but fail to capture the glory of Furumoto's works.
Liar Game has a Korean TV-series I think? Anyone seen that?

how come? Have you ever seen the anime?

Liar game 2007 jap version is better.

Kaiji > Akagi

After Kaiji movies, no. In fact every mango adaptation was absolutely terrible. I don´t know why but japs are terrible actors in their own movies. Might be because they just cast whoever is the most popular pretty boy right now instead of someone with acting talent.

I really had no idea that even existed. All I remember from Liar Game is the game of musical chairs with some cult leader and that there was a hot trap.
Is she in it?
Just like capeshit is to us, manga live-action adaptations are to the Japanese. Why bother trying when fanboys will pay for it anyway?

Ah, I am a total retard and you are correct, it was the same voice actor for both Kaiji/Akagi and the MC of One Outs, not the writer.

I agree with you about it not reaching the heights though. It's more like "Goddamn I want more Akagi or Kaiji and they won't ever make more seasons, guess this will have to do."

I still hope they are waiting for him to get out to make third season of Kaiji.

they're surprisingly enjoyable. I think the casting of Kaiji himself was pretty good.

Time to rev up Avistaz. Thanks boys.

Kaiji IS genius but it only kicks in when he is in absolute shit.

>same shitty jokes over and over
>hope

Please don't talk about things that don't relate to gambling kino.

Kaiji was played by the actor in death note/battle royale/rorouni kenshin. Most of his roles are good.

Weebshit isn't allowed here. Go back to Sup Forums.

Sup Forums is no place for live-action adaptations though.

It is. Any adaptation of anime/manga is allowed.

Kaiji OST is absolute soundtrack kino. It is crime KEEPING composer in a prison.

youtube.com/watch?v=WUGQ58Su6u0

im saving this surprisingly good thread for future references

There's a thread in /jp/ about japanese tv shows. They recommend good ones.

STRAIGHT EDGE FO' LYFE BRO!

I do agree that weed doesnt typically improve anything but I believe that it doesnt do much harm either

Not surprising, non-cancerous source materials make non-cancerous threads.

Rurouni Kenshin > Liar Game > Kaiji 1 > Kaiji 2 > Casshern > Cromartie > Yamato. Akagi is probably around Kaiji

>someone is this mad that they never got invited to any parties
Pretty pathetic

I had never even heard of Go when I read Hikaru no Go and it was still good. Don't know if they're comparable though.

Whats Go?

Non action manga tend to adapt very well to anime. Comedy or drama, Sangatsu no Lion was good and so was Boku dake ga inai machi. Saiki kusuo was fun and there's several others like Chihayafuru.

Thing is that people normally go for adaptations of your average battle shonen and get surprised it doesn't end well with real people then shit on all live action movies without knowing jack shit about the market.

he will be pretty much banned from the industry when he gets out too

Kanata Hongou never impressed me. He always looks like he's about to cry. Definitely not Akagi.

And the white wig style is too 2000-ish.

A really old strategy board game

The inhabitant of infinity was released a couple months ago and it was really good, also the JoJo movie was surprisingly fun despite not being perfect.

youtube.com/watch?v=SHQiWqvh1fo

good

:^)

One of the best live action ive seen is gto 1998. Gokusen is also good but GTO is miles ahead.

I knew that guy looked familiar. He must be good at playing anime lead roles

a lot of casting directors are female and he is kawaii

this is why in hollywood these days you have super hot men getting leading roles see thor, superman, captain america

where as all the female leads aren't that attractive unlike in the past

that shit was trash,

Kaiji wins the poker match and saves Kazuya.

why are japs so shit at acting? is it the radiation fucking with their head?

I really like what he did for Death Note
youtube.com/watch?v=CIzCjVPBRnE
youtube.com/watch?v=5_cMRdE06Rc
youtube.com/watch?v=N8axhZzIdWY&list=PL4BA0EB8FC7B4B020&index=8

Why does every anime or manga adaptation by japs have to have the characters look the same?

Every single live action picture I see is some fucking idiot with spiky wig on. They need to understand that its okay for characters to not be a 1:1 mirror. pic related is a good example, the guy couldn't just have white hair, they needed to style it to make him look like a tard.

What gets me is that their stage/radio/anime acting is generally top tier.It 's everything mainstream/live action that's garbage.

funny thing is

they've done a lot of yakuza and samurai type films over the years and they are all pretty decent i don't what the issue is with anime adaptions.