/lbg/ - Letterboxd Thread

What's the last thing you watched in a theatre?
I just saw The Florida Project and it was quite good.

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/moulton/list/letterboxds-official-top-50-of-2017/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it is with a heavy heart that I must report The Florida Project is actually really bad. This one hurt, guys. Interesting to me that most of the praise comes from non Floridians. Not a single Florida based critic I've talked to liked it.
I do not trust people who liked The Florida Project.

Thanks bud

(You)

I'm watching (You)

How many orbiters does this bitch have?

Same with every girl on here.

i love katie :3

The movie really isn't even about Florida. It's just a cute slice of life tale from the perspective of a girl making the best with what she has and at the same time, coming of age in a socioeconomic class that the world really has a hard time caring about.

It's a story of innocence and losing it.

>liking a girl with reddit film taste

Yikes

katie is a cutie :3

Not sure why you faggots keep saying shit like "reddit film taste" since every single thread I see on Sup Forums is about the exact same shitty movies that reddit talks about

talking about real film doesn't get you the clicks.

pshh... i get chicks on the daily with my bela tarr movie knowledge

She should be more ashamed of Kill Bill and Heathers

Why do women have the worst taste

>Bela Tarr
>real film
pffffffffffffffft-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH OH OH OH OH HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

what's the griffin equivalent of the Godfather baptism scene

>thinking satantango is better than The Turin Horse, which is one of the greatest movies ever made.

didnt know they allowed retards on this server wow.

>uh women are bad

Stroheim is a hack

dancing dinosaur and frog!!!

look at those little guys boogie! hahaha!

are there any girls on lb with ACTUAL good taste and that aren't sjw shitters? goddamn i swear they're all so fucking annoying

>painfully obvious dialectic metaphors
There are none. Griffith didn't make trash. Griffith made parallels and simultaneity, ideas and events entirely independent from one another, not meant to be 1+1=2. True experimentation. True reality-piercing essence.

>Turin Horse
AHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAAHHAAHHHAHA

>women are bad
Stroheim is /ourguy/

QUIT BULLYING ME

megaautist if you care so much about griffin then why don't you just write a book about him

Griffith didn't do a single thing new that Chazelle didn't already do. Chazelle is superior since he combines everything from roving camera, parallel editing, character-motivated jump cuts, irises, fades, closeups, character and atmosphere over standard plot progression, nonlinear narratives, the whole gamut. Chazelle is the encyclopedia of cinematic poetry.

This. I doubt Sup Forums (and even r/movies) knows anything about film festivals other than Cannes or maybe Sundance.

Why would I spend hundreds of dollars just to see a bunch of gay middle eastern films while they're en vogue?

Tell us more about what you know about film festivals then.

Current Letterboxd ranking?
letterboxd.com/moulton/list/letterboxds-official-top-50-of-2017/

I'm not saying you should go to the festival. My point is more on the lazy and meaningless "Reddit taste" buzzwords

You're whining is only proving I'm right.
If you care so much about politics, why are you on the wrong side of history

if emily jean says it then it must be true.

Objectively wrong

go fuck one of your nigger babies

>1 star to one of Griffith's best works
>reasoning: wahhhh it's so boring and racist!
Truly intelligent hordes indeed

Why don't you just suggest a good sequence of his, you pretentious fuck?

he likes the sequence with the mass orgy of interracial gay incest pedophilia

>good
There is nothing good in Griffith's oeuvre. Good is an insult to his genius. Good is an insult to his audience. Good is middling, good is mediocre. Good is Stanley Kubrick. Griffith is not Stanley Kubrick, Griffith transcends denominations.

what if i just wanna watch historical nonfiction? nothing special, just simple telling of the story through cinematic means. why do i need to rely on griffith for everything?

K, faggot, I'm done with you. If you were being serious, I'll have you know I half-think your baiting because that's how ridiculous you look, passionately propping up some antiquated director to the point that you can't even have a conversation with people about him because they dare to speak while making it obvious they aren't so enraptured by this man's works as you obviously are.

You don't care about art or higher learning. That's okay, there are many people like you.
Much like Griffith, I state facts, and people can choose to adhere to truth or whine like toddlers. Most like to give into their flaws and that alone prevents them from achieving greatness. Predestined for failure.

Film serves different purpose now than it did in 1915. You can make the distinction between sunplays and films all you want

>Film
*smirks
What a pedantic medium.

The only purpose film serves is to corral the impressionable masses into intellectual corrosion.

Pedantic to who?
Griffith had a career before his first sound movie, before people began to forget who was sitting in the directors chair. You're making posts based on a film that was made 100 years ago, made for a thousand rich old white people whose only real concern was gonna be where they go to have their cake and coffee when it's over! No one gives a shit but you! And let's face it, Megaaujtist, you are not doing this for the sake of art. It's because you want to feel RELEVANT again. Well, there's a whole world out there where people fight to be relevant every day. And you act like it doesn't even exist! Things are happening in a place that you ignore, a place that has already forgotten about Griffith. I mean, who the fuck are you? You hate bloggers. You mock of Twitter. You don't even have a Letterboxd page! You're the one who doesn't exist! You're doing this because you're scared to death, like the rest of us, that you don't matter. And you know what? You're right. You don't. It's not important, okay? You're not important. GET USED TO IT.

He's b8ing you, m8. That long response is what he was looking for. Who knows why the fuck he would obsess over some long-dead director like that, but I guess he thought nobody would suspect it to be b8, so that was his angle.

>Griffith
>dead
now this is b8

They're both baiting, he just rewrote a Birdman quote.

Oh. I guess so, lol.

Griffith's framing is incomparable

It all smells like fucking kimchi!

It's a misnomer that Griffith is Aryan. He is not even human.

DW on real battlefield. Something Kubrick never achieved.