Could Villeneuve pull it off?

Could Villeneuve pull it off?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/all
youtube.com/watch?v=5CfhlEX_ubY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, stop trying to make anime live action it doesn’t work.

As someone who hasn't read the manga, pretty animation and music is all the Akira film has going for it. A remake would fuck that all up. Easily.

The actual movie couldn't pull it off, and the manga barely did. What makes you think reddit: the director could do it?

Only if it was a big-budget miniseries adapting the entire manga instead of a shitty cash-in remake of the movie.

He probably could, but should not. I've already got the movie and can watch it. A nice old VHS widescreen copy.

He could turn it into something good if thats what you mean.

I'm of two minds.

On the one hand, no. Hell no. We need live-action Akira like we need a Trump in the white house.
It's a terrible idea and anyone who entertains the thought needs to be flogged.

But then, I said exactly the same thing about a Bladerunner sequel, and that actually turned out alright, so hey, I'm open to the idea

Probably not. Taika Waitit is doing a live-action Akira and I know for a fact he isn't the right person for that.

Hands Off Anime

Goddamn this movie is beautiful.

>On the one hand, no. Hell no. We need live-action Akira like we need a Trump in the white house.

reddit.com/r/all

STOP

>A nice old VHS widescreen copy
>man I love this mov-
>fuck, someone give me a coin for a second

Why would a live action Akira need to exist?

Why does a live action version of any animated film need to exist?

>We need live-action Akira like we need a Trump in the white house
so it is exactly the one thing the world needs?

No. The only thing Villeneuve can pull off is Nolan's dick.

tbqhwyf I wouldn't mind Akira with a black cast

No. Life-action anime adaptations are a mistake.

youtube.com/watch?v=5CfhlEX_ubY

OH SHIT IM FEELING IT

>Blakira

The Akira movie is really bad, it stands out for it's animation but it's a very poor adaptation of the manga and the story is just a mess.

I've always wanted that jacket.

There's too much going on in the manga to properly adapt into a single movie. It did pretty well in summarizing the entire work and keeping a proper pace. Only thing the movie truly did wrong was making the title character some MacGuffin with no other involvement.

I remember being a kid wondering who the fuck Akira was. It's a better go around as an adult.

>MUST. MENTION. BLUMPF!