Create a super hero who gets the power of a mantis shrimp, increased accomodating to the size of a human being

Create a super hero who gets the power of a mantis shrimp, increased accomodating to the size of a human being.
How strong would he be?
What outfit, rogue gallery etc.?
DC or Marvel?
In later issues he gets additional powers from different kinds of crustaceans like the pistol shrimp.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis_shrimp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mu_(lost_continent)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>How strong would he be?
Planet buster.

>What outfit?
Pic related with boxing gloves

>Rogue gallery etc.?
He rises to the challenge when bizarro Atlantis appears on Earth, his rogues gallery is a variety of bizarro Atlanteans and other fish/crab monsters. Him and regular Aquaman don't get along either though.

>DC or Marvel?
DC

>All I want is a lobster based superhero who uses his massive strength and claws to defeat his enemies.

dude was a former boxer and lost his eyes, when he enlist for the procedure that turn him in to an animal .He ask for one trait, the best eyes.

Crustacean Man.
>Shell Harder than Steel.
>Speedy Scuttling.
>Punch and grip like crazy.
>Good Underwater
>Weak to Heat and Butter
I'd say he'd be good in marvel or DC depending on how seriously you take him.

I thought of a Fulgore style outfit with blades on both sides of the hands making it look like claws.
He needs a brighter color scheme though to look like hero and not being accused of some kind of batman ripp-off.

silver age mantis shrimp man

golden age mantis shrimp man

modern age mantis shrimp man

Bronze age mantis shrimp man?

He could either be a mutant or its just a very powerful suit with advanced hydraulics for karate pinching action.

>You're robbing a bank then you see a dark orange killing machine slice through your men like wet tissue paper.
It could easily be really menacing, or really silly looking.

>How strong would he be?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis_shrimp

Ok, let's number this out.

The shrimp averages 10 cm and can inflict 1500 newtons with their direct strike plus a second cavitation strike. Let's assume the average of both hits is 2500 newtons.

Hero with these powers, in proportion, is two meters tall. Thus, is twenty times longer than the shrimp, which, thanks to the square-cube law, means he is 20x20x20 times as big, or, 8000 times as big.

However, in order to strike in the same 23 milliseconds, his fist has to travel 20 times as far, making his strike another 20 times as powerful, or, 20x20x20x20 = 160,000 times 2500 newtons.

Each punch is thus 400,000,000 newtons.

That works out to 400 megajoules per punch, but if we assume that he can throw five punches in a second, that gets us up to two gigajoules.

That works out to 1.475 billon footpounds.

On average, a good, hard punch clocks in at about 200 joules, or, 147 footpounds.

So, this guy punches ten million times as hard as an average Joe.

So, yeah, don't fight him. I don't know if that qualifies as a 'planet buster', but he'd be able to punch through walls and armor plate pretty easily.

>bump because he's the hero we don't need. but deserve from Dc after their screw ups.

>they should reboot the whole DC movie franchise and kick it off with this fresh OC

Just take a regular Mantis shrimp, and then make it big. It'll already be a super hero.

I think it would be interesting to see a hero who's only powers were punching ridiculously hard.
They're not super strong, it's just their punches. Maybe some low level breathing under water, since they're supposed to be a shrimp?
Face him up against enemies that he can't really punch, and give him a no kill rule. Make him fight a telepath, or a pyromancer. I'd read it.

>that time bojack knocked out a mantis shrimp

>I think it would be interesting to see a hero who's only powers were punching ridiculously hard.
I know what you mean but please refrain yourself. You are summoning one cancer fags.
>bizarro Atlantis
How about instead of Antlantis he is from a different long lost contintent like Mu?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mu_(lost_continent)
Is Mu already established in DC universe?

I made this a while back. He was created by an organization using stolen money to fund research that was immoral, impractical, and often illogical. He was the product of gene-splicing an unwilling subject with the DNA of a mantis shrimp in order to give him insane punching power, a protective outer carapace, and very vague detection powers called "Chroma-vision". However he easily just punched his way out of the facility and escaped. His villain is an old west bounty hunter themed mercenary spliced with the DNA of a pistol shrimp, sent to hunt him down, because in the words of the organization's director "only a shrimp can catch a shrimp".
Now he fights crime as MAN-SHRIMP-MAN!

One-punch Man can do a lot more than punch.
I'm thinking he's literally only good at punching. He can't kick, he can't run fast, he can't jump, and the only way to defend himself is to punch the thing that might hit him.

Punching isn't even OPM's strongest power.

congratulations you summoned the one punch man fans you dumbass

I know but considering the name of the web comic the association is inevitable to make or it's just me

It's just you user
He's Mantis Shrimp Man, user. He's barley even similar.

Can you break that down for me in Bernards?

Who the fuck made this comic and where can I get more of it.

Also I am glad we can all agree that we need a crustacean based super hero from either marvel or DC

I once played a TTRPG where every character would be given a little custom wish at the end of each session. It was a fun system but it started turning to a dick measuring contest where the GM would just throw enemies at us and everyone would just try and compete with each other for the kill.
So for my second character I created Frank. In this game where people were flying, turning to living fire, summon army's of clones, and juggling 50cals, Frank could just punch. After his first game I doubled the damage of his punch, Then for his next game, I did it again. And over and over again from 2 4 8 16 32 and so on. After his second game he one-shot everyone he hit. He was fighting monsters but his got a pair of pair a holy silver and iron rings for supernatural foes.
The game quickly changed to be much more about puzzles and quests, and when there WAS a big bad guy, the encounter became all about working together to get frank in close enough the fucking knock them to the moon.
So in conclusion, it could be a cool hero, but he'd need to be in a team setting.

>Who the fuck made this comic and where can I get more of it.
Marvel and try the quarter bin at the old LCS.

When is bill going to get his own movie and then finally teams up with the avengers ("original joke")

I want to unironically see the writers try and write in a cybernetic lobster into the marvel universe

forgot to mention the current marvel universe along with the movies

Alright, let's combine the power of the mantis shrimps with this claw and give it a guy that is already on street level pretty badass (can't have a physical superhero that isn't ripped)

I wish I could user but my drawing looks like an old man with parkinson is trying to communicate

I am gonna start a comic course in spring and we see us around summer again, when I present the first results.

I would take one however I am neither a draw or write fag, but gods speed user, you are doing the shellfish proud

bump

Looks like a Karmen Ride costume.

Alright, here's ... The Fookin' Prawn.

beautiful Oc user would have thought it was apart of the rebirth had it not been for your watermark

>walks sideways behind you

I spent like 3 minutes shading the larger claw. It's probably the best drawing i've ever done.

the sad part is the fact it looks like a crustacean version of slide in the teen titans animated show...

please acknowledge

Indeed. When i did the mouth i thought "This is Deathstroke or General Grievous." But how's your Prawn-themed superhero coming along, user ? Added one to your portfolio yet ? I'm already onto The Fookin' Prawns archenemy.

This is fantastic. PM me in /r/thefookinprawn if you'd like that signed.

This thread in a nutshell

Don't you mean seashell?

what ever floats your boat user

But wouldn't the additional legs be nothing but a hindrance?

Maybe they can fold up. It didn't look "Shrimp" enough without them, it just looked like Orange Deathstroke.