Electro seems like his powers would make him quite the formidable adversary...

Electro seems like his powers would make him quite the formidable adversary, yet it seems like he's still kind of a nobody

I can kind of buy it from a guy like Scorpion, who's powers are fine but his arch foe basically has similar powers and sump that trump his brute force, but Electro just seems to me like he should be a bigger deal....even if just because of the massive damage he could cause at any given moment

He isn't nearly on the same level as megavolt

He hates-a me.

Electro's lack of prominence isn't due to a lack of power, just a lack of ambition. He could've taken the nation's transmission lines hostage, and held the whole of the USA for ransom, but instead he just knocked over some jewellery stores and bank tellers. That same mentality of trying to hit a nail with a bull-dozer carries over to the rest of his thoughts and actions. He could be a huge Avengers level threat (he's basically evil Thor) but he just doesn't try.

VIRGINITY

One of the problems with a lot of rogues gallery villains. You only have like, 4 stand outs and the rest are considered C-List or lower, even though they have much more potential.

A lot of Spidey's villains (Electro, Sandman, Hydro-Man, Spot, maybe the symbiotes) have what could be considered A (or at least B+) level powers, but they're either stupid and/or unambitious.

>maybe the symbiotes

I don't know man, Venom in his heyday tangled with a good chunk of all the Marvel big names at some point if not a team up, and Carnage of course has Maximum Carnage and other events or stories that treated him like quite a big threat even to other heroes

He could be Magneto tier.

He should only be fought by guys like Thor, Hulk or adult Nova maybe.

His schtick was being extra dumb. He got smarter and smarter and it went nowhere.

I find it funny that the punisher beat him, and then dan slott tried to make him threatening again, and it didnt work in the slightest.

Not posting the new progressive female Electro

Because no one reads amazing slotterman anymore

Waid wrote a really good electro story during BND for the Gauntlet. He was even pretty intimidating as a villain.

Honestly all electric powered villains and heroes seem nerfed hard in comics. They should be in a league of their own with how quick they could damage.

Static doesn't kill afaik but unless you are bringing electric resistance it should be ggnore easy

If he was written more like he was in Enter Electro ps1 game then yeah. He's basically omega level but gets nerfed to street level threat

I doubt that edgy little shit will even be alive when the story ends. I hope not, anyway.

That adtitude has been brought up a few times. I vaguely recall reading a retcon where Magneto tried recruiting for his first Brotherhood, ignoring the fact that he's not technically a mutant because of his sheer power.

He gave up when Max proved he was fucking retarded.

>slott
Well, found your problem.

Although what you say is true, it's not a valid answer for me when even c-list supers beat him with their ass with no effort. He's just not intentionally and bad writtenly nerfed for the sake of status quo

Just intentionally and bad-writtenly*

What Marvel needs is a Henry Killenger type character to give supervillains pep talks.
Unless he's a parody of a character I don't know about already?

>Unless he's a parody of a character I don't know about already?

Unless you're thinking Mary Poppins, I don't think so.

That's why he's a fun character.

He could be an Avengers-class villain, but he's just a dumb crook with no imagination.

I guess Mr Negative is kind of close?

That cane up in The Gauntlet. It's kind of the point of Max's character: that you could have all the power in the world, but if you lack vision it's fucking pointless. It goes well with Peter's mantra.

Disney owns both Marvel and Mary Poppins, so this works out fine.

Off the top of my head I can think of three times Electro was a full on A-Lister.

1) back in the 90s when he was controlling the electric impulses in Spidey's brain, he forced Spidey's to beg him to stop, of course, next issue spider came back with his anti electric suait and whooped him

2) was sadly written by Bendis during his New Avengers run, Electro cut all the power to the super villain prison The Raft and freed 50+ prisoners.

3) During the Gauntlet, Max actually had New Yokers cheering for him and attacking Spider-Man, I believe it was him to caused the building that the daily bugal called home to topple and crumble into a pile

Honorable mention, in Marvel Knights, Max has a prostitute groupie who happens to be a Mutant Shapeshifter and loves to play the heroine that Max is drilling. He also beefed his power up to being able to control Electromagnetism, damn good read

Also, Shelectro is cute. CUTE