Did Richie really think this jacket looked good?

Did Richie really think this jacket looked good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WZZ_foVgNps
youtube.com/watch?v=bzVeLjj6Ao8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sure, when they were young and thin like Donnie Brasco

>when /fa/ autist buys a meme jacket

Someone as good-looking as Depp can make anything look good. But even he looks stupid in that jacket.

Yeah but Richie deserved the shame for his repeated cruelty to Beansie.

Beansie ended up with the best life out of all of them

it did, back in the 70s

what's wrong wit dat jacket?

a paraplegic?

In MIAMI tho

all the cocaine and jet skiing you can handle!

The jacket isn't the worst of it.

It would suit a smaller skinnier guy, preferably ugly too.

I also want to be a shopping cart

>EY YOU PICK UP-A DA-BBC ON DAT THING?!
What the hell did Tony mean by this?!

You must be over 18 to post on this board

The jackets journey from Rocco Dimeo to Richie to Tony to Tony's Polish housekeeper to Chris's junkie friend is the secret best part of The Sopranos.

he wears it best

Is the sopranos easy to follow or do I have to not be a brainlet

couldn't keep up with the legalese in The Wire

It's not the style that made it important. Coming from Rocco DiMeo, Richie ascribed a value to it as an heirloom of sorts and hoped it would earn him brownie points with Tony. Tony did not feel the same way about the jacket.

If tony wasn’t such a social retard he could have handled the situation more respectfully so that Richie wouldn’t have felt slighted. We all have our tony moments, but we’re also not the boss of a crime syndicate.

CARMELA
AJ your father and I have discussed it and we both think its time for you to get a job.
AJ
I don't know what you guys are complaining about. I have a job! I'm a janitor for a popular online imageboard. I clean up shitposts and one day I might make Moderator.

(Carmela throws her hands in the air and rolls her eyes)

CARMELA
Fantastic! My son cleans up virtual puke for a living!

TONY
And this online freak show you working for? Do they pay you a salary? Do you get health insurance? Union?

AJ
Actually... I do it for free...

TONY (rage)
You do it for WHAT? Whatsamatterwithyou?! What have I been telling you for years? About how a man make a living? Provides for his family?

(Tony smashes his bowl of cereal behind AJ's head. Takes his phone and breaks it in his bare hands)

AJ (crying)
No Wonder I tried to kill myself 3 times last week!

(AJ runs up the stairs. The door to his room slams)

(Bobby Enters as Tony Breathes Heavily)

BOBBY
You know Quasimodo predicted all this.

*breathes heavily*

Morning after the election
Tony KLUMPS into the bing back office
Christopher is playing pool, Paulie and Sil are watching the victory speech
>Paulie: I knew that cocksucker would win, I called it.
>Chrissy: You didn't call shit, you can't even vote.
>Paulie: Oh yea? Who'd you vote for?
>Christopher: None of your business.
>Paulie: I bet you voted for Hillary. She got most of the fag vote hehe.
Sil chuckles as he peels apart a grapefruit.
>Christopher: Fuck you Paulie.
>Paulie: Hey Ton', you hear what I said? I said Chrissy voted for Hillary, she got most of the fag vote hehe.
Tony's mouth is so full of bacon egg and cheese that he can barely breath.
>Paulie: Who'd you vote for, Sil?
>Sil: Ah I didn't vote. The jews pick it months in advance. Hesh told me.
Tony swallows half of the entire sandwich in one bite.
>Christopher: The whole thing is a scam, it don't matter anyways.,
>Tony turns red with anger.
>Tony: You don't think it's important to vote?
>Christopher: I didn't say that, I just think it don't matter.
Tony is outraged
>Tony: It don't matter? Audie Murphy don't matter? What he fought for?
>Christopher: Audie Murphy? WHo the fuck is Audie Murphy?
>Tony: Audie Murphy!! The lil' guy, killed like a hundred germans in world war 2! Ahhh what the fuck.
>Christopher: I'm sorry Ton'.
>Tony: Oh stop it with the sorries.
Bobby comes in the door and drops another breakfast sandwich on Tony's desk. He sits next to Paulie on the couch.
The news reviews the election and Trump's victory, newscaster practically crying.
>Bobby: You know, Quasimodo predicted this.

This. How did it go from the housekeeper’s husband to Cristopher?

Tony didn’t give a shit about Richie’s feelings and actively hated him.

Housekeeper threw it in the garbage obviously.

The dialogue is really good in this one

Yea that shows bad leadership

Tony not giving a shit about coutume and hurting the feelings of all these oldfag retards is precisely what made him able to become so powerful so quickly.

I remember making a similar post on a Sup Forums Sopranos thread and got no replies :(

Ok but eventually you have to make adjustments, and tony stubbornly was stuck in his ways.

>>Christopher: Audie Murphy? WHo the fuck is Audie Murphy?

I also would have accepted

>Christopher: Audie Murphy? That moolie on tv?

you guys are really misunderstanding the whole jacket subplot. Richie was being a weird fuck and Tony was creeped out by the whole thing, but Richie was trying a power play, sort of a "nice move" but also kind of disrespectful

So what? Richie Aprile was the first real and only a minor stumbling block. Tony is a ruthless, dynamic and fluid post-modern mobster who himself destroys his own heritage through greed, that is part of the point.

And as I said, if Tony wasn’t such a social fuck up he could have finessed the situation to a close with little conflict.

Tony's actually great at social maneuvering. Richie was trying to treat Tony like a fucking child, giving him hand-me-downs of a dead person, paralyzing his earners and fucking his sister. He wanted to be the big man out of the two, and Tony obviously didn't want that.

The POINT is to CREATE conflict with a purpose, not to avoid it. Just like when Tony beat up that bodyguard of his.

GABAGOOL?

Richie was in the right with beansy as far as mob mentality goes.

Yep. This really is one of my favorite aspects of the writing, the fact that Tony is noticeably much more intelligent than all the other characters, and that everyone else is believably stupid.

There are a lot of names but you'll figure out what's going on.

>>Fantastic! My son cleans up virtual puke for a living!
golden

very accurate

>Child telling me tony wasn't /fa/ as fuck

you can be a brainlet and still have fun with the sopranos. the wire is trash.

>Tony was good looking
When will this meme die?

Do you even have a highschool education?

>This coke is no joke!
>I know what you mean, I can't even feel my legs!
>...sorry Beansie

*wakes up from a 10 year coma*

WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS OUT...

THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!

Richie worst season

Post best girl Gloria

Why did Melfi conclude that Tony was a sociopath when he clearly was not? Was she just bad at her job or something?

It has some of the best episodes in the series though.

I think the joke was that all the therapists, Melfi, Mefli's shrink, the one Meadow went to, AJ's were all up their own ass.

Psychology and Psychiatry is a bunch of made up bullshit that has no basis in fact. It's a bunch of overeducated losers and drug addicts who managed to not get caught doping and get their degree who are then given access to pill mills.

True

Tony was beautiful

It's a racket for the jews.

Richie? Richie Lupo? Have you seen him?

>it's a Sil has another dream about being a detective in Norway
youtube.com/watch?v=WZZ_foVgNps

Why the hell does he like Norway so much

>Why did Melfi conclude that Tony was a sociopath when he clearly was not?

How was Tony not a sociopath?

>Was she just bad at her job or something?

yes

youtube.com/watch?v=bzVeLjj6Ao8

shows like the wire and the sopranos are amazing to watch second time , you pick up way more things because you are familiar with the terminology.

He was clearly capable of empathy as he demonstrated multiple times, he also had a very rational approach to violence and the use of force.

give me one thousand dollars

She was helping a gangster be better at being a gangster. She shouldn't be helping Tony.

If Tony wax a sociopath, there wouldn't be a TV series. The whole show is about the conflicts he creates because he doesn't fit into the mafia mold.

>he also had a very rational approach to violence and the use of force
user, please

Was his wife cheating on him?

Fat people should only be allowed to wear bowling and Hawaiian shirts

There was not even one (1) instance of arbitrary violence stemming from him in the entire series.

>blames other people for the things he does
>feels little to no guilt cheating on his wife and continues to do so even when they were on the brink of divorce
>no problems murdering people once he has no use for them or they become a liability
>puts on a fake charm and smile so he will be well-liked

That's all sociopathic behavior.

lmao

kek

pj meadow is best meadow

my only problem with the sopranos is that they always made tony out to be an athletic stud back in high school, which he clearly wasn't

>was
Still sucks that he's gone ;_;

The Sopranos is enjoyable on a surface level but, for anyone who cares to look deeper, there is a ton of subtext and nuance to be found. It can be really profound.

he never had the makings of a varsity athlete

There is a whole episode, House Arrest, dedicated to the fact that Tony does all the shit he does to escape the guilt of his actions.

Gandolfini played Basketball in College afaik

The show always contradicted itself with unreliable narration. Tony says his mother never visited her father's grave, yet she's shown to do so. AJ says he never said he wanted to go West Point but he absolutely does.

it's like the great gatsby and huck finn. unreliable naRRATors. it's a literary technique

It's almost like people lie and change irl.

Yes. That was the point. That's why I was pointing out to the user who took issue with spoken word vs depiction not adding up.

>that scene where Furio and Chrissy are doing bong hits and blow before Livia's funeral
Wish they had explored that relationship more, would have been complete and utter buddy-kino.

Oooh hold on there Bruto, Paulie and Chris were the ultimate paisano team

But Furio and Chrissy have like no scenes together other than that one, for some reason it seems to me like they would have had good, comedic chemistry.

Careful Chrissy

Paulie and Chris hated each others guts throughout the entire show. Paulie hated that Chris was getting more attention from Tony than he was and Chris hated the fact that Paulie always talked down to him.

>Paulie

Absolute tit.

I wish Chrissy had some hallucination episodes that gave more insight to his character. Only got the drug trips and that one scene where he talks about Hell/Purgatory.