Just watched this and I have to say ... wow

This film was amazing, Werner Herzog is a great filmaker

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jjjnZvtwtqA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZDTtUSI_CGg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

now watch every other Herzog and confirm your suspicions that he is GOAT

> start with Bad Lieutenant.

just don't watch Aguierre, it's shit, unlike what others will tell you on this board

Get a load of this guy

>dude I’m going to hang out with bears lmao
>OH SHIT THEYRE FUCKING EATING ME AAAAAAAHSNHDJDJDJ

he was pretty obviously gay
he couldn't accept it and got mauled by fucking bears

youtu.be/jjjnZvtwtqA
Is Herzog the most redpilled director when it comes to nature?

If he wanted to be eaten by bears, that's fine, but this idiot got his (admittedly dumbass) girlfriend eaten as well.

ive seen this probably 20 times with my friends we love laughing at the retard guy who lives with bears and then gets ate by them

It really is an amazing film.

Should be mandatory to be shown in schools.

I fucking hate Peta and their disneyfication of nature so much.

wtf was this guys problem?

The guy may have been out there but I have tremendous respect for him for being willing to follow his dream
Getting himself and his girlfriend mauled to death aside, he was a genuine hero

Man suffers and nature doesnt care
Man loves nature and nature doesnt care
Nature kills man and nature doesnt care
Not even hate, nature just doesnt give a fuck.

OOOH HE'S A BIG BEAR! HE'S A VERY BIG BEAR!
The bears probably thought he was mentally retarded or something.

Check out his books too, he's a great writer.

Why didn't the faggot have a gun? It's literally mandatory when dealing with these animals. He wasn't some faggot liberal who thinks that bears, niggers, and refugees can all live together in harmony was he?

Somebody very obviously never watched the movie.

>gets ate by them
Retard

"king of kino" is the appropriate term
or "führer of filmografie" if you prefer

This is without a doubt the darkest comedy I have ever watched.

Was it autism?

It was unironically actual autism

>genuine hero
Do you know what either of those words mean?

reminder that Herzog wants you to die and will eventually succeed in his task

HE MIGHT BE A GREAT FILMMAKER BUT IT DOESN'T STOP HIM BEING A MASSIVE FAGGOT.

>you must never listen to this tape
>you should delete it
>delete it

He wanted it all for himself and we get nothing.

>The bears probably thought he was mentally retarded or something
I think you might be mentally retarded user.

He protected those bears from many cunts and only fucked up because he was in a rage and went back when he knew he shouldn't because the only bears left around would be really hungry before hibernation. He probably suicided by bear as there is no way he didn't know there habits after spending so long with them.

While we're on the subject of bearkino

>user... you must delete this post, no one must see this

The Opie and Anthony trashing of this movie is still one of the funniest things i've ever heard
The best unintended comedy of all time

shit happens, one day you're the bear master, the next a bear is chewing on your femur

you'd think he'd choose a faster and less painful death than mauling by a bear if it really were suicide

>Bearkino

Like Project Grizzly?

hot take

bears are God's wrath

That and bad lieutenant are the only ones I have seen. Aguierre was genuinely shit, I don't give a fuck what people say. It's LITERALLY nothing happens:the film.

Is there a bear in there?

I bought this film just last year because of O&A
gathered my friends and watched, didnt disappoint fucking hilarious

Maybe

>It's LITERALLY nothing happens:the film
>I can't into subtlety
As a film its quite an intense slog, but there's a real richness and authenticity to it that's very rare in most movies. The fact that it was shot on location in peru is impressive enough, but it's also interesting to watch it as a retelling of Conrad's Heart of Darkness imo

Outstanding

Bears when the fag dodge aids

OP here, if I could use one word to describe this film it would have to be genuine.

While I will agree that Treadwell's mental state was highly in question I also believe that it was inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, from my point of view anyway.

I genuinely believe that he was content with his life and his decision to live among the bears and I feel it is clear to see that he achieved a profound level of happiness and in the end I feel that was more important than whether he was entirely sane or not. I also feel that him finding a purpose in life that makes him truly happy is more than the average person may ever find.

I watched this with my buddy and was cracking up. The whole thing feels like a Christopher Guest mockumentary. Without even mentioning Treadwell you have the weirdo coroner, the parents, the wannabe actor friend, the helicopter guy calling him retarded, it was just so surreal. Every single person felt like a fictional character

>He protected those bears
He was on a nature preserve

The game warden says that about the dude. You should watch the film. It's pretty good.

>LITERALLY nothing happens
Is this the most meaningless pleb complaint?

>Werner Herzog is a great filmaker
Honestly I'd be happy listening to him just reading the phone book. He's got a great voice.

>I say this all full of admiration for the jungle
kek

I think "overrated" beats it out.

a lot of treadwell's early footage plays like that too, like the clip where he's pointing out a bear in the distance and then the camera turns and there's another 2-3 a few feet away from him

>have been to the jungle
>can confirm

It was less interesting once you found out that he went out there essentially because he felt like a failure in the "real world." yawn. Would've been better with another reason, although I suppose it's just some sort of mental defect, underneath it all.

It's a line from the film and one of the most hilarious parts of any movie I have ever seen.

Is it not supposed to be funny?

Treadwell was a moron but goddamn did he capture some incredible footage of the wilderness. Running around with foxes, the bear fight, etc.

This

>that scene of him and the bear where the bear starts creeping up on him and he just smacks its nose and yells No!

Hilarious and beautiful

There's literally no way I can watch this film just because I'd be giggling to this the entire time.

She got herself eaten.
She makes her own decisions.

Aguirre is a slow-paced descent into madness, similar to what this bait will do to fans.

Do you think the film will be remembered longer for never releasing that tape? Now it will just give us something to ponder over for the ages.

no you won't. nothing about the film suggests treadwell wasn't slightly deranged for doing what he did, though the ending is somewhat sympathetic.
i cried desu.

Go watch Happy People now, maximum comfy kino

>when the bear thats getting its ass kicked starts shitting due to strain
you just don't see that on "planet earth"

>the helicopter guy calling him retarded
Most realistic part of the movie

>suicide by bear

Fucking LEL

Who was in the wrong here?

protect from whom and how?

I think you bought into his delusions a little to much.

Herzog is not daft lad

they threw rocks at quincy you fucker

The grizzly is a completely non-threatened species. If he wanted to nake a difference he should have been protecting tigers or some shit.

On the other hand he could have been "the guy with the movie that has audio of a couple being mauled to death by a bear as they attempt to defend themselves with a frying pan".

I think that would have made it more memorable for people.

>smacks nose
>no!

Okay I definitely need to see this now. You guys are really talking it up for me.

bearkino you say?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDTtUSI_CGg

I've seen basically everything herzog has ever made and about 90% of it is worth it. All the films are worth it, except maybe Queen of the Desert, The Wild Blue Yonder, and Where the Green Ants Dream. As for documentaries, all of them are worth it. You will have trouble getting some of them thought. IIRC the first documentary he made doesn't have any english subtitles. And some of them are very rare and hard to find. Also some of them are not even documentaries some of them are just herzog shooting a footage and having weird voice overs.

Best Werner Herzog film coming through.

All the films starring Klaus Kinski are god tier.

Worth reading up on the events too.
Other people have heard the tape and describe what's said, and how the deaths went down.
And that it was pretty much exactly what any experienced park ranger would tell you what was going to happen.

best film

The movie reminds me to that quote

>I fear animals regard man as a creature of their own kind which has in a highly dangerous fashion lost its healthy animal reason - as the mad animal, as the laughing animal, as the weeping animal, as the unhappy animal.

Fits perfectly

The actual Grizzly """"""Man"""""" was an autistic faggot, literally everyone saw his death coming and he brought it on himself. I love Herzog but this movie was retarded

This

And the bear that ate him and his gf got killed after they found out

What a fucking retard.

Now watch Herzog's version of Happy People to see the same wilderness thing done properly.

The movie does show him as an autistic manchild though. He's what Chris Chan would've been if Sonic was a bear

>it is the harmony of overwhelming and collective murder
gets me every time

holy pleb
that's literally his best film

Probably my favourite movie ever made

That's why the film is so great though. Herzog finds deep human sympathy with a ridiculous and deluded manchild. Bear in mind (pardon the pun) his real name isn't "Timothy Treadwell". Even the name is weirdly comic...

O&A spergs are the worst. I know because I was one

>nothing happens
>he watch movies for the plot

Once again. Werner Herzog's BEST film coming through

sauce?

nosferatu.

I saw this and Grizzly Man in a double bill, with Project Grizzly up first.

Project Grizzly ends with buddy half a kilometer from a bear, trapped in his stupid suit, , Grizzly Man starts with buddy punching a bear in the nose . Treadwell had a certain type of bravery or skill, even though he got caught up in the end.