How come they don't make good movies anymore?

How come they don't make good movies anymore?

studios realised that people would pay for movies even if they're shit, so they stopped bothering to make them good. waste of time and money

>How come they don't make good movies anymore?

because they stopped being men.

Because you fuckers keep turning up for the latest instalment in each """cinematic universe""". You watch the same movie over and over again, even though producers are very honest and open about most of these "movies" only being placeholders for future movies. Each of these characters have films lined up for the next decade. And yet people STILL go along to see if Batman/Superman/Spider-Man/IronMan can defeat the latest cookie cutter reboot villain. When producers have such security for their products, they don't need to take risks and hand creative control to talented people. Because the plebs will keep turning up anyway.

That pic is from Reloaded which wasn't a good movie at all.

you people think every movie is bad

>the matrix was good

*inhales*

Movies were never good, you just grew up.

>"We need more governmental overreach! We need more regulation to keep big companies in check! We need more rules to not have big companies have the freedom to whatever the fuck they want!"
>not realizing that doing that also fucks over the little guy
>consolidation happens so less but bigger and more powerful corporations form
>repeat
>repeat

>cram one story into one movie

or

>make multiple movies out of one story while filling up the extra time with pretty visuals

>Baby's First Neuromancer

Bound was a much better movie than Cloud Atlas.

>Why don't they make good kino anymore?
>posts Matrix

Have you even read Neuromancer, son?

the first one was good

God i had such a childhood crush on trinity. Now i'm older she's quite average.

how does it fuck over the little guy? isn't more competition good for a free market?

becuase if we only made movies that
-tailored to your olympian standards
=proabably due to the fact that
=you have watched so much kino already
=and are constantly looking for something more
=encouraging films to push the bar
we would only get like maybe one or two films a year, if that.
and there would only be 2 tv shows to watch.

It is and because more governmental regulation means the little guy has to overcome those rules too it becomes very difficult for the small business to compete.
It's like giving all weightlifters (in the general sense; literally everyone that lifts weights casually or professionally) a handicap of say 100 pounds: because the weaker lifters can't lift that extra weight they have to just not lift anymore which in turn only leaves the behemoths of actual powerlifters.
In other words; if you have so many rules to enter or stay in a market, new business can't keep afloat long enough to compete with the giants.
The best way to break up a shitty monopoly (which has bad anti-consumer practices) is to create a new business and offer a better service/product.
This forces the monopoly holder to step up and improve their product or else they lose market share.

Not if you write the rules in such a way that bigger companies are more affected.

Your reasoning is faulty because you assume that all government regulations is the same.

Ask Star Wars and Jaws

Wtf jeopardy and 60 minutes is on cbs? I never knew that..

be you, make new rule that says you have to have x amount of storyline, thus dialogue in a proportional amount with x percentage of your footage being special effects...

special effects are becoming more and more cgi meaning 2 guys on a laptop in a basement can make them but new law says you have to actually give actors more screentime instead of making a michael bay shitfest of explosions.

actors get paid by the amount of screentime because now they are more mandated by the gov, yet at the same time get less work because new movies make us spend more time writing meaning less movies cranked out each year... actors now charge more for this less movies made business under the excuse that per movie they put in more effort...

actor pay goes up again because now with less cgi stunt doubles keep getting hurt and additional hazard pay puts them out of work making the actors get back to making their own stunts....

actors keep getting hurt, insurance rates go up again after we fired the stunt guys to prevent such raises.

your movie used to cost around $10-12 now the ticket at thetheater goes up to $25-40 oh wait inflation hit again this year $28-45 so now the theaters close down, all movies direct to dvd and bluray.

theater closings all but kill movies as a whole because the companies overreact to the fact they don't have theaters anymore and assume people don't watch movies anymore.

tv is already dying thanks to youtube and netflix...

all shows and movies at all become little 5 minute vids showing multiple skits that run along the same vein as the "suicide and happiness" vids. (look em up on youtube, literally several minutes of 30 second long comedy skits about random shit not even connecting to eachother or forming a rational story)

the next day you and op are back here bitching about how they quit making movies and you cant understand why when folks want good movies.

now how were you gonna write the rule to only hit the big companies?

>Shot Caller
>John Wick 1 & 2
>I Don't Feel at Home in this World Anymore
>Green Room
>Blue Ruin
>Hunt for the Wilderpeople
>Don't Breathe
>Get Out
>Hacksaw Ridge
>Hell or High Water
>Swiss Army Man
>The Witch
>Blade Runner 2049
>Three Billboards coming out
>All this in the last two years

Are you retarded?

>i mainline estrogen for breakfast

But this is the year of Kino

>Wtf jeopardy and 60 minutes is on cbs? I never knew that..
CBS runs 60 minutes, and has been for decades.

jeopardy (and wheel of fortune) are syndicated, and there is 1 hour (7-8 IIRC) that must be syndicated by broadcast law. That why all the broadcasters show gameshows, reruns of old shows, and so on in that block.

John Wick 2 was super boring tryhard shit.

Mediocre is the new good.

>John "lol just CGI the blood in later who cares?" Wick 1 &2
>good
>Swiss "obnoxious ear shattering fart noise the film" Army Man
>good

Seriously, just kill yourself you faggot. I can't be bothered to come up with reasons those are all shit, but they are.

>obnoxious ear shattering fart noise the film
how is this bad?

Looking forward to the next lovecraftian film entry I see.

politicians aren't gonna make laws that actually hurt these huge corporations. That's why so many huge corporate leaders supported Hilary even though her whole campaign was focused on reigning in these big companies. In return for tens of millions of dollars in donations she would pass laws that for the average american voter appear to be regulations aimed at the wealthy but in reality just make shit overly complicated and open up more loopholes that corporations and individuals with huge law firms on retainer and accounting offices can exploit. It makes it almost impossible for those without money to become big players because its not how you operate your business that determines success its how good your lawyers are.

>if we only made things that were good then you would just want them to be better
>you only want things to be higher quality because we already do such a good job you can't tell

this is the most Jewish reasoning I have ever heard in my entire life.