SYNERGY YEAH!

SYNERGY YEAH!

JESSICA'S HAIR COLOR AND COSTUME CHANGE YEAH!

LUKE'S COSTUME CHANGE YEAH!

Other urls found in this thread:

brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/155752053937/will-your-new-defenders-affect-walkers-power-man
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I love the Netflix shows a lot but this is just bad. They are ripping off everyone and everything from Netflix. I might check it out depending on who's writing it.

The sad thing is a street-level team up book would be great, but instead we get another round of Bendis changing previous characterization/costumes so he can achieve the intense, orgasmic pleasure that movie synergy brings to him.

Why is DD back to Shadowlands look?

>Danny still has the black and yellow costume no matter how much Netflix are pushing the green
At least it'll be gone soon

>I might check it out depending on who's writing it.
Bendis.

Hope you like reading Bendis stuff.

You know it's really weird, whenever Bendis is starting a new series it's most of the time in Marvel Comics his series gets the closest to MCU or movies

X-Men brought back the kids, all the GotG costumes changes, hairs changes etc, Iron Man look and house, that being said Defenders is the worst case yet. He's using the EXACT team and the EXACT look for Luke and Jessica.

Can't this guy do ideas of his own? If the villains are Kingpin, Hand, Purple or Diamondback Bendis needs to be fired.

Same reason Spiderman goes back to the Black Suit every now and then.

Stuff like that is Editorial, they just use their most popular writer to try and make it work even if he doesn't wanna.

DD gets possessed by The Hand every other day?

Regardless someone needs to be fired, this comic is a carbon fucking copy of the show. Marvel Comics lost so much respect from me in the last 2 years. OH NONE OF THE MOVIES AFFECT THE COMICS AND THEY NEVER WILL. Bullshit.

At this point, I figure the MCU is the canon Marvel universe now.

Bendis is just an empty hollow drowning Marvel with him.
Bendis is The Empty Hand.

Wasn't Starlord's baller coat the result of a separate run?

There's also nothing wrong with cinematic synergy if it's written competently, but since Bendis is in charge this will never happen.

Doesn't bother me as much as the "new" Elektra costume.

So he knows Karate ?

Haven't set photos shown Luke in his yellow shirt?

Quill got the new look after the movie and it was in Bendis' run. New hair, new face, no clothes.
>cinematic synergy if it's written competently
I have yet to see this happen.

>LUKE'S COSTUME CHANGE YEAH!

What costume? He's been in his civvies for years now. I'll take the hoodie over the T-shirst any day of the week, although I preferred the vests.

Spider-Man gets possessed by The Hand every other day?

He's been wearing the black/red outfit for a year now, and the only thing it shares with the Shadowland outfit is the color scheme.

Damn, that's just really generic looking. Like, it'd be fine on random ninja fodder of the main bad guy, but on a major character that's pretty bland and forgettable.

>anything over the t-shirt other than his original costume

>wears a distinct yellow/black buisness suit and uncle phil beard in his own series and guest appearances
>loses both of these in a MCU synergy book
He never had a costume like Captain America where he has bright colors and a symbol on his chest, but everything Luke has worn was always recognizable. Now he just wears a boring, grey hoodie.

THAT COSTUME LOOKS FAMILIAR YEAH

Do you like comics written by Bendis. The legendary comic writer, Bendis?

Bendis?

>t-shirt over anything ever, especially on a self respecting adult man

The only time that's ever worked was with Superboy.

and Luke Cage

>a self-respecting man would sooner wear a disco shirt and a tiara then a normal t-shirt
Also, Superboy' t-shirt "costume" was shit compared to his first appearance outfit

The synergy will just be the roster and the visuals.
Everything else about the story will be pure Bendis.
>Luke and Jessica married and dealing with the baby
>Kingpin-type villains doing things Bendis thinks kingpins do like speechifying about how society needs them because something something we built this city and how heroes suck for messing with the natual order
>A gang war between differnt kingpin-like villains, The Hood and Black Cat will probably be among them
>Probably a continuation of that Jessica Jones storyline with the superhero hate group
>Appearances by Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Spider-Woman, Kitty Pryde and other Bendis pets
>After a few arcs he'll get bored he'll suddenly start doing supernatural, cosmic and decidedly non-street level stuff

But i think he was good writing street level things.

Yeah, but Bendis is the same guy who killed off War Machine because he thought he died in the Civil War trailer.

yeah, Bendis. The writer.

Can't wait for Kitty Pride to join the Defenders.

Yeah. Bendis. The cuck.

You mean lead

I'm gonna bet money and say that was written by Bendis

I don't mind Marvel comics ripping ideas from the MCU, because god knows it's better than the shit they've been cranking out in recent years, the problem is that they're making fucking Bendis do it.

Then pay up, it wasn't, it's from a Deadpool comic.

Except characterizations and past event are always very differents from their comics counterparts. So synergy means a rupture with what have been until now in the comics.

The only case where it works is when a character created in a tv show/movie is introduce in the comic.

reminder that the only problem with synergy is the writing behind it

Nah some of the designs are just worse

So does this mean that Walkers PM&IF is getting cancelled????? That would suck. In a sea of Marvel shit it was pretty good, especially his Luke.

>This comic looks just like that Netflix show
>Guess I better check it out
Said literally no one ever.

Danny's starring in two Iron Fist solo titles, so I think PMIF can survive.

When Bendis straight up said that the reason Rhodey died in CW2 is because he thought he was going to die in the Cap movie because of the trailer, I was blown the fuck away.

Marvel has not an ounce of originality and are ashamed to be making comic books. This much is obvious when they insisted that comics can be like TV seasons ages ago.

One is a mini, so its like one and a half

>thinks being adult means only wearing shirts with buttons, even in casual situations

Jesus, that is weapons grade autism.

Maybe he likes to wear sweaters and other knitted garments... even in summer... wearing shorts and sandals..

>making
>implying Bendis doesn't willing do this and actively seek out any opportunity he can to leach off the MCU's teet

Is Iron Fists confirmed as a mini? I mean, it was obvious from the moment it was announced that it was just a stealth mini, but wasn't sure if they actually confirmed it.

Pretty much everything about Superman came from adaptations. His ability to fly was because it was easier to have him fly than jump, Perry White and Jimmy Olsen I believe were also from shows. Also Batman had a lot of stuff added to his comics after the Adam West show like Batgirl and Catwoman's characterization. Synergy helps, but it shouldn't be a crutch

the kaare andrews one is a mini or maybe maxi? its just a limited run afik 6-12 issues or something

Man, they couldn't have made the hoodie yellow?

Remember when he said he doesn't only write for characters from movies?

>Bendis ever allowing his husbando to look the fool
Ya blew it.

this
is so funny seeing comics aiming for sinergy like it could ever boost the sales of an already shit comic
>inb4 "it isn't even out yet"
modern Bendis can't help not sucking

well, to be fair they are from the Netflix series, so once again BMB wins!

it's true

Miles and Goldballs don't have a movie

Miles is getting an animated movie soon.

How long is Bendis going to ride the MCU coattails?

Even then you have issues, like with Black Fury's introduction.

>if I can entertain Tom Brevoort with a script, I can entertain you

But Brevoort is an asshole who is entertained by watching fans squirm at mistreatment of characters

Also
>I value the system. i have met the divas in this business and seen them diva themselves right out of the door

Isn't that another way of saying
>I value the company that forces me to change my work and resent those who were brave enough to actually stand-up to the bosses when they demanded they make dumb changes

Fair. I mean, I'm not wild about Arrow, but I liked Diggle's introduction the the Green Arrow comics and I like him in the current run. I liked when they gave the X-Men the movie costumes, though I still enjoy the classic costumes I liked the leather jackets. I'd kind of like it if Bane got the jacket from the movie as a permanent part of his get-up.

>i have met the divas in this business and seen them diva themselves right out of the door
He's probably talking about the likes of Fraction and KSD.

That I dont fucking get. Do they not get a free screening?
But a fucking trailer told him to kill off somebody.

>Daredevil in black
>B*ndis
>"Defenders though I do love the Netflix stuff

Shit on arrival.

Apparently by the time they found out Rhodey lived it was already too late, though considering the delays on the book that sounds like bullshit.

Yea i call bullshit. Since both She Hulk got written to be alive.
Bendis just wanted an excuse to push out the next 'genius' of Marvel. And he can use Rhodey's niece because shes not his OC.

I like the MCU for the most part, but movie synergy is bullshit and awful. Marvel Studios is pretty much carrying Marvel Comics because Bendis and Perlmutter are driving it into the ground.

Live action Jessica >>>>>>>Comic version

Never read Alias comics. What's the difference?

Bringing the O5 had jackshit to do with movie synergy

Feige had kicked out Ike's creative committee, so nobody from the comics side is getting early screenings or scripts anymore.

So the pettiness is within the company as well? No wonder its such a mess

First Class and the X-Men young again happened.

Sometimes it's just cloth.

But Marvel doesnt make money off those movies

They do, just not nearly as much as the Marvel Studios films.

>Danny's starring in two Iron Fist solo titles
what solo titles?
i haven't read the big two in a bit but of there are good IF books i might start again.
hell i read Living Weapon so ill read Iron Fist scholck whats he in?

Civil War II also came about because of the movie and he killed Rhodey off because he knew something bad was going to happen to him in the movie and thought he'd die.

Would be a great book with another writer.

He's such a Marvel loyalist that he's probably referring to Morrison.

Blatant lies.

Comics version is actually less generically bitchy the the Netflix version. That's about it.

He dodged the question when someone asked him on Tumblr so I'm thinking yes it is.

brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/155752053937/will-your-new-defenders-affect-walkers-power-man

He's currently in Power Man & Iron Fist.

Then an Iron Fist solo this March.

Iron Fists is also coming sometime in 2017. It's a sequel to Iron Fist: The Living Weapon featuring Danny training Pei.

And of course, Defenders in June.

Call me when synergy brings Wesley to the comics.

Can somebody explain the anti-Bendis meme on this board? I just got into Marvel Comics recently.

What meme

Idk i just see a lot of bendis hate posted here. Why is he bad?

Bendis? The writer?

He's a shitty writer and one of the worst people Marvel currently has employed.

The worst? That's crazy. You're crazy. Is that a thing? Bendis = the worst?

When Bendis wants a new toy to play they will immediately axe whoever's run it is and give the character to him, while the other writer is forced to wrap up the run.

Example: Agent Venom in space. Marvels execs place a lot of favoritism with veterans then they do potential or talent.

Looks WAY better than the old stuff.
Why are you guys so autistic?