youtube.com/watch?v=sjPeN769eG8
youtube.com/watch?v=pvg-fXK5HzA
youtube.com/watch?v=V3bkiV89npo
youtube.com/watch?v=eU427Lftegs
youtube.com/watch?v=rzDr4keUWoU
youtube.com/watch?v=eJv3UM-CuiY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Moomins are trolls.

Are you quite sure? Apart from the tail they don't seem very trollish.

Perhaps they're hippos.

MOOMINS AREN'T HIPPOS!!

What's his end game?

He's an asocial nomad that is fond of the company of select few friends, and even then, he can only tolerate them for so long.
That's why he ditches Moomin so many times.

He's sort of a dick desu.

Moomins are a cute.

That is all you need know.

how old is he supposed to be, anyways?

Isn't Little My actually his older half sister

Growing up in South Africa with this on TV always assumed they were hippos.

Well the Mymble's older than Snufkin, but for all we know Snufkin's probably older than Little My. So probably around 15-17?

Who knows.
Also, little my wants to date him.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ui97Tz4UtDo

Why does Little My live at Moomin house anyways?

their mom is a slut with too many kids

>those english voices.
ANGLO TONGUE PIG DISGUSTING!!!
Swedish or Finnish moomins only!
youtube.com/watch?v=xG63tJ2nfnY

Wasn't it because her mother was sick?

yeah

Because Mymble needed some rest from her, and her mother was too busy to take care about her with all the other, younger children she has.

Little My is a lot older than she looks.

In the show, at least, it was because her big sister, the Mymble, was struggling to look after My. I don't remember if it was because she was sick or just because My is a little bitch, but that was why.

Why doesn't Moominpappa just kill The Stinky?

moomin.com/en/blog/snufkins-family-tree/

> Snufkin is Little My’s younger half brother – Little My is older than Moomintroll, Sniff and Snufkin, whose parents only meet each other when Little My is already born.

It was because she had to get some rest from Little My. Little My is total fucking bitch.

Because Stinky is considered to be a friend of sorts of the family.

Top kjeh, what a bitch.

I thought he just hated cold weather

>my isn't really a child

Well, that's a relief.

Get the gun!
Also English ver no sound was the second best one, fucking creepy as all hell

youtube.com/watch?v=1QERWm-V1CQ
>tfw no English dub of the forest fire episode

The Swedish have absolutely no skill with costumes

>implying that's not awesomely bad

Sure

Oh

Oh no

Oooooh fuuuck

Fuuuuuuuuckkkk

That's hot

Welcome to the party, pal.

>Creator of Little Witch Academia decided to gave the surname of the Finnish witch, a similar surname of Moomin creator
>It's the best girl
>Same show also features inseparable witch friends Hannah and Barbara

Trigger does it again

I wonder if he's a troubled man...

I don't get Moomin strips

I just don't get. I'm supposed to ponder? To laugh? To see some deep meaning? Some feel really abstract to me. Feel like trying to find the humor in Heathcliff pannel. Is it a Finnish thing? Some type of British humor even more dry and deadpan?

I think Tove just didn't give a shit about anything.

What fresh Hell is this?

He's a writer looking for inspiration. As inspiration comes from suffering. Why else would he strand his family in a desert island?

I love this one.

So the D&Q collections are worth getting?

Moomin is for feeling comfy and occasionally slightly creeped out. Top tier material for reading in bed

The best feelings possible.

This.

He's a fucking beast

>Enjoying top-tier Swedish comfiness.
>Suddenly shifts to Manga-nese.

But why?

Beats me. The Moomin animes are weird when it comes to their localization.
For example, this particular anime was only dubbed in English for Europe, and only half of the episodes were dubbed.
Also, the other two never left Japan because Jansson hated them.

Does Moominpapa out-dad Calvin's Dad?

Moomins are Trolls. Snork Maiden, I'm guessing, is a Huldra.

I just found out there were two other Moomin anime made in 1969 & 1972. Are these subbed anywhere?

He's such an asshole. What kinda guy names his new friend "titiwoo?" TITI WOO? THE FUCK KIND OF NAME IS THAT?

I tried drawing a Moomin for the first time the other day for a friend. Hope you guys like it!

What a perfect moomin, user.

Why thank you, user.

>what is a cat and how is it different from a taco

They're shit.
Tove hated them.

We're they made without any permission from her, and the writers for the episodes pretty much ignored any established character traits Tove had already made?

Tove bump

The world we have made is silly and dumb.

>swedish

Finnish independence is just an experience. They'll be Swedish again soon enough.

For real though, could you really call her Finnish when she was a Swedish-speakin Finn who studied in Sweden and everything? It's not like the Moomin stories are intrinsically Finnish in origin. I can't help but think that only nationalistic Finns or Swedes would try to claim her for points, instead of counting her as a finno-swede.

We'll finally be the ol dick n balls again.

*Sweden will be Finnish again

She identified as a Finn.

Because she was born on the soil that few years later officially turned into Finland when they became independent from Russia? Finland still has a Swedish speaking minority.

Dunno but he hella fine

>swedish
kys
I bet you think people from Quebec are "French"

>could you really call her Finnish when she was a Swedish-speakin Finn who studied in Sweden and everything?

She was Finnish, user. Similarly a Canadian person is Canadian even if they're from the French-speaking part and spend some time in France. You don't change your nationality just because your at-home language isn't the one the majority speaks. You also don't change your nationality just because you study or work abroad. That's not how it works.

She was Finnish yet never spoke finnish

When I was a kid I always made one of my parents skip her. Still don't like her.

Oh is there a new series out? I can't tell if it's flash animated or not. Hopefully not

Movie since 2014. French animated (who else is going to animate it, right?) Have yet to see it myself but it looks promising

Oh nice. Yeah I'll have to go find it then.

>Skipping waifu material

>French animated
>No tits

:(

Which was quite typical for fennoswedes at that time, and still is in some parts, because fennoswedes are cunts that think that they are better than regular Finns.

>wanting tits on Moomins.

You absolute degenerate.

e621.net/post?tags=moomin

I don't know how old it is, but I once saw a version of narnia books on the English BBC in the eighties where the costumes of different animals were also not that excellent.

I think they were made with her permission, but not her supervision. See for yourself.
youtube.com/watch?v=j0YK1VQ5hFU
youtube.com/watch?v=SM4SIOsMFrM

What is a Huldra?

Is there any character in Moomin who can stop Bamse w/dunderhoney?

Those might've been shit, but god dammit Snork Maiden was adorable in the 1972. version.

Is there some set order for getting into Moomins or can I start any Moomins media and be fine?

The Comet movie.

It starts with the world ending.

Things go downhill from there

The stop motion one or the 2d one?

Where I live we call them Skogsrå. Often considered a very beautiful maiden that distracted the men that made coal or leading hunters astray. Her back looks like rotten wood so she never shows it.

Wasn't the 2D movie the prequel to the 1990. anime series? I distinctly recall it begins with the Moomins moving to the Moomin valley.

They're tree-people, Snork maiden is clearly just a female troll.

That's what the wiki says so i guess I should start with that.

The earliest part of the timeline is when Muminpappa travels the world on adventure with his buds, but I'm not sure where you'd find that. It wasn't in the cartoon.

>Her back looks like rotten wood so she never shows it.
To be specific the back looks like a hollow log. As in it's concave as shit.

Also cow tail.

youtube.com/watch?v=gJXRnTOm7dU

These are glorious.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4pw4y-8gHM
youtube.com/watch?v=sjPeN769eG8
youtube.com/watch?v=pvg-fXK5HzA
youtube.com/watch?v=V3bkiV89npo
youtube.com/watch?v=eU427Lftegs
And for some bonus abridged Moominmama: youtube.com/watch?v=rzDr4keUWoU

A rather faithful adaptation based on the comics. If you're more familiar with the 1990s cartoons, the tone can feel odd though.

I'm not sure, but I think that's super racist.

Time to rate the best voice.

youtube.com/watch?v=eJv3UM-CuiY

I don't know, but you know we're in for a shitty ending when they show up.