Get hit

>get hit
>1 HP
>AYY, just pause game to heal up

How can those games do so much right and then do this? And why does no one care? Especially that DD does it.

Can a mod move, please?

fucking idiot

No one cares because it's not a design flaw, you faggots have been nitpicking Zelda for seven months now attempting to rewrite history or change its reception, get help.

Zelda BotW is one of the best games of the decade, this is a FACT

Skyrim does it to. I think its a console thing; lack of key binds so the devs just allow you to browse the inventory while paused. It's not like PC games were you can have 1-9 hot-keyed for items.

Yeah if you like exploring a barren wasteland and fighting the same bokoblin camp eight hundred times

dudes just salty that he cant afford a switch

>No one cares because it's not a design flaw
It is a design flaw in every way. One of the worst I've ever seen games do. It literally nips any difficulty in the bud. The only thing that can kill you are one-hit kills (that are almost non-existent after some time) or being too lazy to pause.

eddit kid

I'm actually sure Sup Forums is even younger than Sup Forums.

No it is not, the game is designed and balanced around that choice, not a single Zelda game is hard except for the GBC ones.

Nope.

Agreed

>the game is designed and balanced around that choice
How so?

nah, I browse Sup Forums and Sup Forums exclusively and Sup Forums is much more immature.

In DD you are limited in the healing items you can carry.

The set damage per enemy class and armor rating, along with the limited inventory for dishes and minibosses doing over 10 hearts of damage, the game is designed around being able to heal anytime.

I browse Sup Forums and Sup Forums (not exclusively since I'm not a fucking retard) and Sup Forums is by a large margin literally the dumbest, most degenerate, most underage and cucked board there is.

And it's not too weird since we're basically /Hollywood/.

Sup Forums faggots are the cancer behind all that nu-male shit

You are a dumb faggot with unwarranted elitism.
>but me smart me watch mobie

degenerate yes, not underraged or cucked (BBC posting notwithstanding)

v is full of manchildren playing video games and watching anime

Nothing you say explains how getting hit, then pausing the game, healing and going on like you were never hit isn't bad game design.

You could argue the game is designed around getting one-hitted, but that's a) not true and b) do enemies laughable damage in Dragon's Dogma as soon as you leveled up a little and in Zelda as soon as you upgraded your armor. Not even talking about food that gives you defense boosts and make you almost invulnerable.

Video games are not as bad as the movies Sup Forums talks about on average. Just check out the catalog right now. Sup Forums is definitely the most delusional board. Probably what happens when you get educated and build your world view through movies.

If you don't want to pause and heal then don't. It's literally your choice how you play this game. you would have a valid complaint if the game auto healed you ever time you got hit, but it doesn't, and youre literally complaining about a non-issue.

>If you don't want to pause and heal then don't.
OK, so you never had an argument in the first place and you're full of shit.

What you just said is not psychologically tangible in any conceivable way and I have to assume you're a 17-year-old fanboy.

I'm not that guy but please illustrate how you would solve having an inventory system and real time combat without reworking the HUD or control scheme or needing an extra button or making the game impossible to pause.

And why wouldn't I rework the HUD? Menu navigation and how items and healing worked in Sykward Sword was like the only thing it actually did right. You should heal in real-time in a fucking action game, that's why I can guarantee you, and that's what even some drunk Polacks understood with their WRPG.

So what is your argument? The game is shit because you can pause it to heal?

So you don't like pausing to heal? Easy solution, don't fucking do it.

Like honestly, what are you complaining about? That there is a non-compulsory option in the game, that you don't like?

This is like whining that games feature an easy mode, when you are free to choose a harder difficulty if you want

Zelda is an action adventure game, built around landmarks and exploration, and even more cooldown periods would only break the flow of the game, which is not specifically designed around combat either.

He's saying that it should have a entirely different healing mechanic. Not that it just shouldn't have one.

You telling him "if you don't like it don't use it" doesn't make sense because the game isn't designed to be played without healing.

>So what is your argument? The game is shit because you can pause it to heal?
Never said shit. Don't strawman me just because you fear authenticity and your fraud being exposed. It surely isn't as good as it could be, yes.

>So you don't like pausing to heal?
No one with a brain likes this.

>Easy solution, don't fucking do it.
I already told you that's not psychologically tangible. You don't gimp yourself. That defies everything your brain and especially your gyrus literally is for. Gimping yourself defies your whole fucking existence and evolution and just everything. You have to be so stupid to even make this shitty argument. Or very young at least.

>hurr, just run around with one heart and put yourself at a disadvantage

>Like honestly, what are you complaining about?
Do you have AD?

>This is like whining that games feature an easy mode, when you are free to choose a harder difficulty if you want
No, it's not. It's not a difficulty level.

That doesn't immunize it from being compared to other games that do combat and difficulty better. It's basically like you said nothing. Pause to heal is not an indicator for action adventures. I don't even know why you keep posting.

>Skyrim does it to.
But it heals gradually.

>Not pausing to heal defies your existence and evolution
Holy shit, are you retarded?

>Television and Film

>40 minutes
Yet you'll delete a thread that goes against your liberal brainswashing in 5 minutes during these hours, spearchuckwood

It's not designed around combat, nor does it need to be compared to games designed around it, your point is futile, the game is designed around the interactions between elements and materials, weather and temperature, making a world of consecuence that feels lived in.
Yes, you can pause in combat and heal (a thing you don't even need to do, no enemy is particularly hard, archers are annoying when they start carrying elemental arrows) but to claim that this detracts from the experience is absurd, even more so when you stop considering the combat as weapon combat exclusively and start using the physics and elements to your advantage.

I bet you unironically watch capeshit too

I said gimping yourself does, not pausing to heal. That would be quite the oratorical interstice. Maybe a dumbed down explanation for Sup Forums standards: Gimping is self-sabotage, self-sabotage isn't even one stone's throw away from self-inflected psychological pain. You are literally acting against your parahippocampal gyrus telling you to do what's best for you and do the most efficient thing to save time and reduce effort. There is a reason people don't like to do it, not in video games, in sports, at work or even when playing chess with your niece. Of course you would still do it and hold back against your niece at chess, but you could always feel that it's wrong. However, unlike a shitty video game, you are actually doing it to make someone else happy. Mood-elevating compounds such as endorphins, prolactin and of course also oxytocin will literally serve as an alleviation.

Anyway, please stop posting.

>It's not designed around combat
Combat always was 1/3 of 3D Zeldas. Sometimes even 2/3. That's not different with BotW, which has even less actual dungeons than Wind Waker and a huge world filled with almost nothing but poop and, well, enemies. I'd even argue it's way more combat-sensitive than any other Zelda with mechanics such as counters, iframe dodging, headshots, by far the best Zelda AI there ever was, all the ways you can fool enemies etc. I'd actually even go so far as to say it absolutely is designed around combat and you are completely wrong.

>elements and materials, weather and temperature, making a world of consecuence that feels lived in.
Kek. You can fool yourself, not me. I was young too, I know what's going through your head when you say shit like this. I played this game for almost 400 hours, though. Save it for someone else.

Pause to heal is fucking horrible and reduces all the actual difficulty BotW actually has (better AI than ever before, enemies that actually do more than two hearts.