Give me 1 (one) good reason he shouldn't play Batman other than

Give me 1 (one) good reason he shouldn't play Batman other than
>"NOT MUH"

Too short

He's a good actor and shouldn't waste his time with Batman.

Unrealistic.

Too old unless your doing a Battlfeck aged Batman

He deserves a way better role than Batman.

Elba is fantastic for some roles but he doesn't really strike me as a Bruce Wayne regardless of race. I do think he'd be a cool Bond though

voice wouldn't make for a good batman. Unless he uses a better sound modulator than Robatfleck

oh maaaaan, that'd be a cool movie.

He's black?

If he played Batman that would be time spent not making more Luther.

kek

Tbh I see him more as Jim Gordon.

Because Elba has gone on record to talk about how much he hates filming the Superhero films with all the green screens and wires. Dude takes himself too seriously, and at the moment he's basically just playing a bit part in the Marvel films so he's only doing a fraction of the stuff he would need to do if he's the title character.

While the argument over if he should play Bond can continue, Elba has already basically written himself out of doing any other Cape films when he's done with his Thor contract. Unless he's just voicing a character in an animated film of course, he doesn't seem to mind that at all.

He's 6'3"

Because if a rich black guy gets his parents gunned down over a stupid robbery and so the abandoned child is left in the care of a butler, the extended family of the black parents would swallow up all the wealth and Bruce Wizaynia would grow up as a punk in Chicago drinking 40s and dabbing. People would look at the butler raising him, be like 'miss me with that gay shit nigga' and he'd be given to the care of some massive baboon like Shiniquanzaabam and her brood and he'd only be the night in the sense he's out in the night stealing ya shoes.

Because the "Blackman" joke would be too easy and we would still see it everywhere.

>Give me 1 (one) good reason he shouldn't play Batman

Batman is completely played out and I'm bored of seeing him now.

I normally dislike race-switching ploys, but I'd totally watch Elba-Bond.

>"NOT MUH"

Seriously tho.

Sice when "character has nothing to do with the thing that it should be adaptating, and is a IN NAME ONLY adaptation" became a bad criticism?

I'd rather see him as Bond.

Because I think he's a good actor, and enjoy the roles he plays, and I don't want to see him get locked into a long-term contract with DC, making Batman movies back to back so they can ship them out every year, resulting in him having to turn down other offers due to conflicts.

>Not muh James Bond

He's black.

Cause I want Affleck to have steady work.

Because people only want the names nowadays.
How else will we get our first fat Bond Girl?

He's good looking but not pretty enough to be Batman/Bruce Wayne.

He's not white

Batman's suppose to come from old money, and black people need another two centuries before they can come from old money.

Batman isnt a nigger, while we're at it how aboutwe take a black superhero and make him white?

He'd make a fine Batman.

He wouldn't make a good Bruce Wayne, however, which is the problem. Can you imagine Idris Elba convincingly playing a vapid billionaire playboy trust fund kiddie?

More pressingly, the Waynes are old money, with old roots in Gotham, and old class. A black family's relationship with Gotham would have to be extremely different.

Most superheroes work perfectly well as characters of any race. It's their secret identities that don't always mesh so well. Danny Rand could not be an Asian man. Bruce Wayne could not be an African-American. For all her failings as a character, Riri Williams is clearly not a white character.

This isn't true for everyone. Peter Parker works perfectly well as a black kid (certainly better than Miles Morales did). Cyborg would be fine as a white or Asian kid.

It's just not true for Bruce Wayne.

Actually it's very possible depending on who their family is connected to (like old African nobles, or wealthy white people, or if they had a royal slave owner).

Also Batman could be mixed.

Batman is literally WASP: The character

>Really wanted Elbond
>Skyfall confirms Bond is a name not a title
>Black Bond would only be even more confusing than the inconsistencies between every other actor

das rasist mah.

Give me one good example of a black character that would still work if a white actor played him/her

First give us one good example of a white character that would still work if a black actor played him/her.

He can be a kid whose parents where murdered in an alley and sought to seek revenge and punished those who would do harm on the innocents. And still be black. So yes, that's bad criticism.

He's English.

No, he's just establishment. Bruce himself doesn't really act WASPy, though his parents may have (not that it matters since movies never focus on them).

Luther pretty much is Batman
>has sexual tension with a psychotic killer/nemesis
>wears dark clothes all the time
>anger issues
>hates guns
>lives in a fucked up city known for its long history

Well, since he's black then he can't come from the evil white male privileged background that Bruce Wayne comes from.

Hes black and a nigger cannot be Batman I am sorry he just cant be Batman.

Honestly he is too old. Affleck too, I don't get the old Bruce fascination.

He's been poor in some versions though, like Red Son. Live action is basically Elseworlds too not adaptions.

Brooklyn, Harlem, all the same.

>black
>both parents in his life
Nope.

Because he doesn't like doing super-hero movies.

But old Bond retires in Spectre so the name must now pass on.

I can dig it.

Honestly, I think he's too big. Bond's frequently caught shit for not being up to MI5 physical standards, and he tends to get through fights with luck and thinking on his feet. Elba's a goddamn goliath.

I asked first, faggot

He's already Roland Deschain, and it's unfair for one actor to be so badass.

That's what Luke Cage is.

>not Martian Manhunter's voice and human form

I'd actually like him as Nighthawk, but only the racist MAX version. I think he could bring enough intensity to the role.

I always thought it was hilarious how on that alternate Earth where the Justice League is all black, Batman was the only one who was still white.

No it's not.

>all these cucks

Red Skull

I kinda like the switch up. Basically keep some of why he gets shit on in Luther. His passion and aggression over override priority sometimes.

How do you propose to explain a black family that owns a massive conglomerate corporation with a skyscraper in the center of one of the biggest cities in America?

Well to refine that's what Netflix Luke Cage is.

Lazenby, Dalton, Connery, and Brosnan were all just an inch shorter than him. Craig is 5'10, so he's average height, not like he's a midget or anything.
>Inb4 manlet meme

Not at all, he is Celtic, not germanic, and the Wayne were Catholic. He isn't wasp

Cyborg

>billionaire, philanthropist family in NotChicago
>black

lel no.

I meant more well-built, but I see your point.

Either
>one of them leaves
>they aren't actually married
>one of them is already dead
>they're both mixed
>one of the parents isn't black
>they're unhappily married for some tragic reason
>they were originally not from North America
>one of them used to be poor

His body would still be black.

Technically, Martha's family are Jewish, and you're supposed to inherit it from your mom, so...

The Joker
I mean, how many white guys wear purple suits?

Batman can only be white. Is that simple.

Martha's mom wasn't Jewish. Only his father, we don't know the surname of Elizabeth. So no,by blood he isn't Jewish either.

Ben Grimm

Because Bruce Wayne isn't black, you racist black washer.

Falcon

Do you have a problem with a batman like character being nonwhite or just batman being nonwhite? If you extend this to other characters, it also leads to raceswaps

Ah Idris Elba. plebbit and 4chans go to black guy for any role.

DAE Elba would make a great Bond?
DAE Elba would make a great Batman?
DAE Elba would make a great John Stewart?

Why can't black people just make their own characters?
Oh, that's right! Because they'd need to be creative to do that.

heh...

While we're at it, Denzel Washington would make a good Deathstroke

He'd probably be given a shitty script that doesn't use his full talents.
He'd do better outside of capeshit IPs where it's either DC-Snyder "we don't understand how people speak" or Marvel "world's most forgettable screenplays and character arcs"

If he's gonna be in capeshit, he should be allowed to choose the screenplay and director

Because he should be playing Bond.

You know I think Idris Elba could work as Optimus Prime.

>Wayne family is Catholic
>His great x 4 grandfather was a Puritan Witch Hunter

We just switched Batman's actor. Could you, like, hold up a decade?

the mask wouldn't look good

>Luther-Bond
WANT

He's a mutt-American like all of them.

I'd rather see Denzel play Manta.

because he is meant to be Jon Stewart and redeem the Green Lanterns in the DCCU

If he doesn't like greenscreens, he probably shouldn't have signed on for a role that guards a bridge made of rainbows in the middle of space

I can see him playing Gordon, but probably only because of Luther.

>Danny Rand could not be an Asian man.
Eh, I don't buy that. An Asian-American Danny would be fine.
Definitely agreed on everything else, though.

Why not make a new character them?

Batman's mouth is visible. If they can see it's a black man, it's only a matter of cross-referencing the amount of black people with that kind of money and get the 1 result.

This.

So was Bale

Nah. A good portion of Danny's character is exploring the concept of white people.

An Asian Iron Fist is all well and good, but Danny has to be white.

Because the point is to play on a known concept but do it in a slightly different way. What do you have against Elseworlds?