What is Michael Mann's best film and why is it Blackhat?

What is Michael Mann's best film and why is it Blackhat?

It was fantastic but sadly too smart for people

Someone post the "I'm 16 and my taste is superior" pic with Blackhat in it.

not an argument, it's in his top 3

This
It needs to be changed to reddit runner 2049

Manhunter is easily his best

thats like saying the prestige is nolan's best

So he's right?

you're wrong, but it's good. 8/10

I just watched the directors cut. It's barely decent

Uh, yeah?

literal asperger contrarians attempting to scoff via text
your self denial is your problem, yours alone

i liked the insider until i found out it was based on a true story. for some reason docudramas are so fucking stupid to me. especially when the people are still living

abracadara

Blackhat is kino, but Miami Vice is Mann's magnum oedipus.

> magnum oedipus

Miami Vice is his best

where can I find it?

r u having problem?

>expect a somewhat intelligent and consistent movie about hacking with political intrigue
>get a shitty action movie starring a chad that can hack pentagon and take down 7 people

it's one of the worst shit i have ever watched

I am sorry to be the baron of bad news, but you seem buttered, so allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies, and are more than just ice king on the cake. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.

So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality.

I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the fax, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake.

>we need a blackhat hacker named Hathaway

I literally got up, went to my 4K TV, and turned up the volume after this line.

This movie made me feel violently ill due to shaky cam. It was as if something skyscraper was being destroyed next to the main character during times where he was just sitting at a restaurant.
Paul Greengrass might be the single worst thing to happen to film. Clearly an inspiration for this garbage.

online :^)

Blackhat had 3 big problems.

>Problem #1
Whatshisface Thor guy cant fucking act. He looked perfect for the part, but he cant fucking act.

>Problem #2
The climax was so fucking non-Mannesque in the operator sense. It felt more like a James Bond villain death, than any other Mann Film.

>Problem #3
Some people dont like Chinese people, especially the fat lardos country.

>Some people dont like Chinese people, especially the fat lardos country
Which amazing country can you be referring to? Chinks are soulless monsters, I sure would love to live in a place that hates them.

As a Mann fanboy all I have to say is kill yourselves.

>Which amazing country can you be referring to?
The one with 60% overweight people and 33% obese.

Mexico? UK?
user you'll have to more specific here, this country sounds amazing. Hating gooks AND plenty of affordable food? Stop teasing me with this holy land!

literally the only reason to watch this shitfest

No Manhunter, no Heat, no Thief... y'all suck!

Ctrl+F
And type Manhunter

>Male homosexuality is illegal in the Cook Islands and is punishable by a maximum term of seven years imprisonment.[31]

But that's 8 places! Are you telling me they're all sensible enough to hate the monstrous yellow? Obesity rates are highest in high-income countries so they all sound great, I just want the one with sensible hatred.

Chinagirls are adorable. Where does this intense hatred come from?

History and sensibility, of course. I shouldn't have to tell a fellow white this information, though!
...wait.

>not Heat
>not Thief
>not Collateral

Stupid.

Why do you still have faith in Sup Forums?

Why don't you have an asian girlfriend Sup Forums?

>Why do you still have faith in Sup Forums?

I don't actually even browse here. I just came to see if there were any John Dunsworth threads around.

If this is actually what Sup Forums believes, I'm on my way out. Blackhat was fucking awful.

Is this a boy with contacts? You're really cementing my belief that no dink is attractive, user! Thank!

motherfucker

>If this is actually what Sup Forums believes,
i hope you are not serious

he's also mexican

Don't delude yourself into thinking everyone in this thread is trolling, Sup Forums thinks Blackhat is good.

I tried seeing if it was on rutrackter to no avail. I'm not exactly a Mann expert, is there any reason why the directors cut has only aired on TV once with no Blu-ray release?

STOP SAYING THIS IS MANNS BEST. ITS BEEN 2 FUCKING YEARS AND YOU STILL PUSH IT. YOU MEMED ME YOU MEMED MANY OTHER ANONS FUCK OFF WITH THIS SHITPOST CLAIMING ITS THE BEST ONLY FOR AN INNOCENT TO BELIEVE YOU AND ACTUALLY WATCH IT. IT IS FUCKING TORTURE

I have no idea. I've been meaning to rewatch Blackhat, but I want to see the DC. It's a shame I haven't found a link yet.

>tv/ thinks Blackhat is good.
i really doubt that. there was (too) many threads about how shitty it was.

>now we need a script
>here's one my retarded 10 year old cousin wrote
>perfect!

You're not a true mann's man then

lol

fucking lmao!

>you now remember the not so long ago times when posting this would result in a ban

lol

I've been here for several days, never seen such action.

blackhat sucks ass
it looks great though

Heat is his best movie. Anyone who says otherwise was born after the millennium.

I've only seen Heat and I didn't like it. I'm a total pleb aren't I?

then this post makes no sense
film is a visual medium

I was born in 89 and Miami Vice is his masterpiece. There is a reason why the americans critics and the IMDB crowd didn't like it. It's a perfect pleb filter

OK
the films color grading and framing are fantastic
but the editing, writing, visual storytelling, dialogue, are not

This movie proves that digital is better than film.

when i feel a fucking itch on my face, it has a personality and when i kill it? i win. i am going to FUCKING kill you
you do not know where i am and you don't know me, you do not know anything about me stop saying you do

digital literally only looks good in this style, which only mann uses
when other movies are shot in digital they try to make it look like film

Manhunter and Thief are better, in my opinion. Collateral is very close.

I love Miami Vice.

>*scene at the shore at dusk/dawn*
No one uses this trope better than Mann. No one.

who /public enemies/ here

lol

Last movie to use a BAR and it's trash. (No that Mel G cartoon crap does not count.)

love this poster

The shot where the guys are lined up next to the pillars is something Villenueve only wishes he could do, try as hard as he might.