Things must really be bad at the Cruise camp if he's agreeing to do this schlock

Things must really be bad at the Cruise camp if he's agreeing to do this schlock.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4hXTkdRoFUY
youtube.com/watch?v=JUkBk-Xq62s
youtube.com/watch?v=Lu_KQzXnkRE
movieweb.com/the-mummy-gets-reboot-from-prometheus-writer-jon-spaihts/
movieweb.com/exclusive-the-mummy-remake-to-be-an-epic-horror-movie-set-in-present-day-america/
youtube.com/watch?v=hCm2PX5Iz00
youtube.com/watch?v=SUYbijdY3YQ
inverse.com/article/24739-the-mummy-tom-cruise-ahmanet-p
youtube.com/watch?v=OWiigbnIprs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You know things are bad when the c-lister playing the baddie very nearly saves the whole movie with her empathetic performance.

he wanted to be Van HElsing since 2005, also his commitment to movie was really big and he was literally excited like a kid. he too kit really seriously

>try to start your own cinematic universe with horror monsters

what the fuck were they doing?

Everything he's done since EWS is schlock

Am I the only one who was entertained by this movie? My only problem was that cruise didn't fuck his mummyfu

listen to Tom himself, he explains why
youtube.com/watch?v=4hXTkdRoFUY

Based Cruise Captain giving the Egyptians his expertise.

He did mouthfuck her in the end though

would have been cool if it was a league of extraordinary gentleman type group hunting the monsters change it up a bit add van helsing and others then you can still have a monster or two per movie and not some weird monster team-up

And during pre-production.

God I need to watch Van Helsing again, that did the multiple monster thing well and it was a fun movie.

Since Vanilla Sky you mean.

wow really?

rumors, only 1 vague page mentions this

I liked it too, my only problem is unnecessary humor. They could give up all jokes and go full dark/serious tone.

I normally really like Tom Cruise. Goofy Xenu shit aside, he always puts his back into whatever he's playing, whatever he's selling. He commits one hundred per cent and he can really elevate a film that way.
But with The Mummy.... he was one of the weaker elements for a change. He can be funny but the humour was so patchy and inconsistent. He can be intense, but the occasional goofiness got in the way. He can build really strong relationships, but the relationship with Jenny/Blonde Lady was so lifeless and insubstantial throughout. It felt like there were heavy rewrites. And I think I read something about that being the case but I'm not sure.

there were rewrites, original concept was VERY dull, literally a shoter with mummy and zombies
>soldiers find mummy, plane crash and mummy makes hell in london
agree about tom/blonde relationship, it sucked. but 1 thing i really 'enjoyed' was Nick character
every movie always try to push main hero as someone likable, charming and funny, while here we get an asshole and idiot, noone would really like him. it is something you dont really see in movies.
to be honest i feel such not-likable anithero more 'realistic' than tyical hollywood protagonist

>plane crash

>mummies and zombies in london
it would just very dull cgi-shitfest with zombies and mummies shotout, literally Resident Evil level

'Hellgate: London' was almost exactly that.

What do you mean agreeing? Agreed is the word. This is old news.

Agreed. Not Agreeing. Say it with me, user. Agreed.

ye so basically the same(played that game), also 1 more concept i forgot, mummy 'spawns/calls/summons whatever egyptian shits before mummies/zombies broke loose

>we've been really pushing the edges of storytelling.

This has to be the most vanilla, safe, conventional movie of the year. WTF is he on about.

not really, tell me movies where protagonist is allowed to keep life and evil powers after end?
usually they have to sacrifice or get back to point zero
not saying there aren't, but this isnt common thing for movies

>mummy thread
>no Sofia waifus
c'mon, that's why I enter these, post some damn mummyfu stuff!

I love this one.

The fuck. They painted these symbols all over her?

wow is she completely nude under there? did they paint her butt cheeks? even her butt hole?

not really painted, they are stickers, attention to details is impressive.

can't be sure, but she is completly naked in 1 scene and in other scenes she wears not so covering costume. if you take closer look, yes her butt cheeks are painted and got these symbols too

>Painting mummy cheecheeks
Dream job desu

It looks so... intimate.

He probably got a lot of option in the movie desu. Expected to be the RDJ of this shit and get mega money just cameoing in every other movie.

probably farted in their faces while they painted her anus puffing up clouds of paint dust!

guess so, to be fair Tom was originally intended to play Iron Man
declined due to licencing issues for possible merch. Tom doesn't allow to use his image so they couldnt make ironman/tony stark

Worst movie of the year

Is this the one where he says "whos on charge here"?

Love these threads. Gimme moar mummyfu rare stuff.

WHO'S IN CHARGE HERE!?

you really think that?

it wasn't THAT bad, it just didn't feel like a Mummy movie

Edge of Tomorrow was the bomb. American Made was decent too.

>didn't feel like a Mummy movie
oh man, its more to original mummy movie than any before

It's the one with the best scream-acting you'll ever hear.
youtube.com/watch?v=JUkBk-Xq62s

no one gives a fuck about the 1932 mummy movie, I meant THE MUMMY as in the one everyone watched as a kid that wasn't based on the fucking black and white movie at all.

Dipshit, kill yourself.

Is there a video of this? It's for science

there were shitload mummy movies too, can guess which ones are in pic here?
kill yourself, for calling someone with lot more experience a dipshit, faggot

Meanwhile, at the Sheraton

youtube.com/watch?v=Lu_KQzXnkRE

You are very aware that he obviously meant the Brendan Frasier movies, you know, the ones everyone saw and everyone liked, that's why there's three of them and at least the first two were highly successful in the box office.

mummyfu brothers, can someone provide me high-res pic of these eyes shot? HD/FullHD

>no one gives a fuck about the 1932 mummy movie
All the promotional material for the dark universe heavily references all their classic IPs. The movie's even got references to Bride of Frankenstein front-and-center in the trailer. It's definitely at the forefront of what they're calling back to.

Just watched Oblivion the other day. It was better than this shit but not by much.

yea its a forced meme by a corporation called Universal Pictures

as we can see with the reboot, no one cares.

>we've been pushing the edges of storytelling

Should kept pushing the edge of tomorrow instead.

>Universal making a crossover of all their Monster Movies.
Wait, didn't they already do this?
Is this the original Avengers?

>dude Peter Cushing is so obscure

t. first year film school kid

>that wasn't based on the fucking black and white movie at all
Universal made more than one mummy movie before the '99 one, you know. In fact, the first Brendan Fraser one references the 'black and white' 1940s mummy movies pretty heavily, both obliquely and directly, which in turn reference the '32 film, even to the point of recycling footage.
You may want to know more about something before making claims like this.

ye but he is wrong, it was stated so fucking long time ago, 2012 to be extact, that mummy returns to roots
movieweb.com/the-mummy-gets-reboot-from-prometheus-writer-jon-spaihts/
>to go back to a franchise's roots in dark, scary source material, and simultaneously open it up to an epic scale we haven't seen before."
movieweb.com/exclusive-the-mummy-remake-to-be-an-epic-horror-movie-set-in-present-day-america/
>"There was skepticism. The difference between the two, if The Mummy is to be the next movie for me, is that The Mummy is a completely different film. It is a modern day take. It doesn't have anything to do with the Brendan Fraser films, and it is not a remake of any kind.
>The Mummy is one of Universal's long standing, iconic characters, well before the Brendan Fraser movies... This is such a different thing. What was attractive to me...There is still a script to be written, and all of that....But the pitch was to go with a much different tone. It was a Mummy like I'd never heard of before. Its nothing like what you would expect, at all, oddly.
>"It's horror. Its epic. It's more of a modern day version of what would happen if we came across a mummy in our world today. It is pretty fascinating."
THEY STATED MANY TIMES, even clearly reffering to OLD BLACK AND WHITE ONE IN DARK UNIVERSE INTRO but no, noone could understand it. seriously, it is like
>going to shoeshop and complain that they have no butter

1999 Brendan one is remake to 1940 "Mummys Hand" not 1932 original

qt

That's what I meant. Perhaps I should've been clearer - when I say '1940s mummy movies', I'm referring to The Mummy's Hand/Tomb/Ghost/Curse.

post Your favoutite Sofia/mummyfu pictures, for me it is this. so classy, so elegant and sexy

>classy
>showing middletit
hmm

lol no it was a fraser movie reboot

>horror monsters turned into capeshit
>xmen turned into horror

If anyone has this in higher res, I'd be much obliged.

they tried to cut off all the time, every time You listen to pre-release interviews with Alex, Sofia or Tom they always mention more about old mummies than Brendan ones. this is where is all failed. MARKETING
Universal screw up marketing and instead to fucking clearly state they made it confusing

That what makes it sexy too. Teasing without obviously flashing.

Huh?

Ah hour into mercury and chill and she gives you this look

That's a very large sarcophagus for such a dainty lady

didn't they play this before movie started?
youtube.com/watch?v=hCm2PX5Iz00
also iside DVD release (yes some people really bought it) there is more adverts about old black and white movies, not a single word about 1999 one

do you know how it was? usually there were 3 coffins each bigger than each other and then finally sarcophagus. in movie they place her in 1 coffin (someone got that webm where she is buried?) then they lock coffin inside heavy sarcophagus

>tfw no mummy to call your "setepai"

Oh, so that's why in 1 shot they show different lid

What a fucking idiot. Though, I somehow doubt Iron Man/MCU would have been as big of a success with Cruise in the lead. Being an "A-lister" isn't a guaranteed audience draw anymore, and I personally never found him particularly charismatic.

yeah, worked in the 90s mummy cause brendon could pull it off. Tom on the other hand, can't

Any more bullshit promotion kino where fillmakers make their incredibly shallow and awful movies look deep and interesting?

nothing wrong with this. Tom is movie devoted star but if he doesn't want to use his image for merch, it is his choice.

>doesn't want to use his image for merch
I mean, fair enough. But it seems like an odd move. He's probably missing out on a lot of money. But I guess it's not like he needs it.
Still, who'd want a Nick action figure or whatever? The Mummy herself is what people want to see.

>He's probably missing out on a lot of money. But I guess it's not like he needs it.
he doesn't look like guy who needs money. he got shitload and is top-tier hollyjewd superstar. i guess he just loves making movies.
sure
youtube.com/watch?v=SUYbijdY3YQ

Is there a lore/mythology reason for the double eye thing? Seems like its just there for shock value.

old demonic folklore
inverse.com/article/24739-the-mummy-tom-cruise-ahmanet-p

Pupula duplex. In folklore it's a kind of evil eye thing.
They also did it on the Exorcist tv show. Which was actually pretty good

choose Your sofiafu
>the Henchwoman
>the Alien
>the Princess
>the Monster
>the Spy

Why not all?
>a legless alien princess mummy spy

the pusymistres!

Obviously the spy that gets choked for about 2 minutes in her lingerie

>furiosa gf is kill
made me sad and song played later, depressed youtube.com/watch?v=OWiigbnIprs

Being honest as someone who watch the original Mummy movies dozens of times
Mummy 2>The Mummy(2017)>The Mummy
The undead set pieces in this were absolutely amazing and better than almost anything out of most horror films.

where rest?
my rating, as someone who seen mummy movies many times
>1 Mummys Hand 1940 - timeless classic, set mummy standars for decades
>2 The Mummy 1932 - the 1st and still amazing, creepy and 'magical' movie
>3 The Mummy 1999 - quite funny flick, bit too comedic
>4 The Mummy 2017 - when you ignore prodigium universe it's fine
>5 Blood from Mummy Tomb - the only one related to actual book
>6 The Mummy Returns - blaah rehash of Mummy, but watachable
>7 Curse of Mummy Tomb - not bad, compare to rest hammers
>8 The Mummy 1959 - Lee/Cushing
>9 The rest in any order, either Shroud, Tomb, Ghost whatever

giv mummy gf