Well Sup Forums it's almost been a year since the finale aired. What are your thoughts on it?

Well Sup Forums it's almost been a year since the finale aired. What are your thoughts on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vq5sZPPF9ao
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BEST FINALE EVER!!!

I'm glad I can finally put Gravity Falls behind it. The ride really gone sour at the end.

Never seen it or any episode of it

But I know its garbage

Weirdmageddon was a missed opprotunity.

Stan, Ford, and McGucket were the only ones with any major accomplishments in defeating Bill. Dipper and Mabelwere only mildly helpful, Wendy, Gideon and Soos were mostly useless, and Robbie and Pacifica were completely useless.

How do you know?

Not really

But it had DA BEST ENDING EVAR

Good riddance. One less shitstain in the industry.

How did the Gravity Falls finale is shit meme originate from?

hat swap hat swap hat swap hat swap

next to your suicide

Been a year and my triangle lust still hasn't faded.
Thanks Alex.

H A C K

One of the worst finales Ive seen.

it was good but i prefer
MOARRRR LORE

I liked it, but it really needed another 10 minutes of breathing room to show Stan slowly regaining his memories and the Shack getting rebuilt instead of just cutting to everything being back to normal. There would still be problems with how they handled Bill but at least Stan's recovery wouldn't feel so cheap.

Also Escape From Reality would need a massive fucking rewrite to make Bill still seem threatening and for the whole Mabeland plot to be a bit less shit.

Almost a year, and we still have a new thread EVERY DAY of someone asking the same stuff.

Geez.

Seriously, every day its always "what you thought about the finale?" or "I just finished it, I already miss it!"

This is a valid critique. "Could use more time to be properly effective." Most of Sup Forums is too illiterate to form this thought so they just say something like HIRSCH HACK MABEL WAH ARGH MAGA

Anything that still has people butthurt a year later is 10/10 would kek again

Why were they butthurt?

I was disappointed in the finale, but disappointed in the way you feel when vacation is over, and you want to stay a little longer, but you know you can't because that's the reality.

I do dig though that the finale has people debating over it and alienated. Makes the conversation more interesting.

The finale makes me wish i never picked up GF and watched anything else i hope alex hirschs girlfriend gets fucked by every black guy in L.A and in disney corprate while he watches as each guy is only allowed to say how shit his finale was in lue of sexual moans

>I was disappointed in the finale, but disappointed in the way you feel when vacation is over, and you want to stay a little longer, but you know you can't because that's the reality.
Well more like you're on vacation and the hotel manager kicks you out halfway through what you booked because bringing you room service was too hard and one of the bellhops tried to stab him.

I get awful nostagia whenever I see FLCL

Watching it just felt like they just wanted it over.

I think I would've liked Soos a lot more if he didn't have that grating Lumpy Space Princess voice.

Soos reminds me of a retarded John Candy

I think we should stop talking about it.

Why?

>tfw gay chubby chasers are no longer pandered to now that the show has ended and have no more cute fat fanservice to furiously fap to
>tfw I'll never have my way with Soos until he moans "I'm gonna cum dood"

I realized the other day that the oldest female character of any significance is 15.

So why do so many of the things Mabel likes have an 80s aesthetic if she was born in 1999?

>"I'm gonna cum dood"
So many people are going to read that in Soos' voice. I hope you're proud of yourself

I think that's the point

would you fuck an obvious slut like wendy

I'd fuck her so hard I'd give her a personality

I liked it, but it has plenty of issues and unresolved plot threads.

Blendin Blandin was never seen again after Weirdmageddon 1, I heard it was explained what happened to him in the Journal that was released in the Summer last year, but honestly, if you're gonna explain what happened, do it in the show Hirsch.

I was hoping Blendin would be the reason behind Bill not being able to get out of Gravity Falls, but instead it's the natural law of weirdness or some bullshit Alex pulled out of his ass.

Season 2B presents some interesting ideas, but it's clearly a mix of ideas from the original Season 2B and Season 3, and they don't exactly mesh well together.

It pisses me off that this show is praised as the greatest thing of the 2010s, especially after Season 2B, I enjoyed it, but that last half was kind of a mess

It's kinda weird that they had Blendin play a major role in starting Weirdmageddon, only to have him fuck off back to the future in part 1 and never be seen or mentioned again.

>B-B-But she said she was stressed once!

the series reached it's peak when Not What He Seems aired.

When the twin brother was revealed, there really isn't much else to the show

That Wendy somehow misspelled 'sex', the dumb ginger cunt

Stay sex?

>tfw Mabel never got punished for her actions by having to be Bill's pet

Well, I did once have an idea for a fanfic where Mabel doesn't survive Weirdmageddon, and since the town was frozen in time during it, she and Bill technically died at the exact same time, and get sent to the same afterlife together

That sounds great. In general as long as Mabel is sentenced to be a petgirl for all eternity I am happy. I don't know how the chainsaw thing fits in but I go with it.

What chainsaw thing?

Nothing just in that picture for that post she's holding a chainsaw because uh...well I don't know

she's chainsawing the rift open or something? man I don't know

Huh

Not him, but I've heard it goes downhill after a while, especially near the end

As someone who binged the entire show in a bubble and avoided the Sup Forums following 2 months ago, it was fine. I can see it underwhelming people who've had years hyping up mysteries and theories, though. But it's fine. It worked. They did some creative stuff with what they had, tried to keep characters relevant to varying success, some people got some nice arc work and some didn't. Bill was fun to watch, but motivationally spotty, but I got the impression he was meant to seem alien and enigmatic by virtue of being a malevolent triangle from outside space.

All in all it was a really charming show with good details and character work and that never stopped making me laugh. 8/10 recommend to baisicallt everyone.

It's 40 episodes and it goes down during the last 5. There is plenty of top tier content in the series. The only reason you wouldn't watch it is because you only see the negative things everyone posts about it.

Bump

This. The ending retroactively ruining the show is just a forced meme.

It's not amazing, but it's fine. The way people talked they fucking battlestar shit the bed or something, and I'm convinced the majority of the hate comes from people who waaaay over-emotionally invested in the show, or their shipping, which has always been a huge Sup Forums problem- the loud vocal minority.

The ending did kinda suck, though

I dunno why so many people on this board keep acting like nobody but assblasted folks on Sup Forums were disappointed by the series.

I'll admit that a lot of Sup Forums's hate for it is overblown. But the only huge difference between the people on Sup Forums who dislike the show and the audiences who feel similarly and hang out elsewhere is that Sup Forums refuses to fucking move on.

Most everyone else who has a more negative opinion either dropped the show the second they felt it wasn't going to pay off or griped about the ending once and never mentioned it again.

Also the fact that the finale wasn't anywhere near as hyped as the show was in its first season suggests that even people who thought the show and its ending were mostly fine were either somewhat overwhelmed or became far less invested.

I don't personally agree- it wasn't a perfect landing by any means though. Like I said, I can see it really sucking if you'd been waiting and watching for years and coming up with your own theories. Most of the character work was resolved prior to it, so it was kind of just a fun bombastic theme park ride, with a really biterrsweet last 5 minutes that sent off the show nicely. I get why people felt it didn't fit with the show, guess it just didn't rustle me too bad. It did make me laugh a lot, all the creatures and shock humour in the finale was pretty good.

Eh, Weirdmageddon didn't really feel like an apocalypse of pure chaos and weirdness so much as a pretty standard apocalypse with some sort of oddball monsters

Fair enough.

I was just along for the ride the entire time I watched. All my hype and anticipation had already departed well before the finale and I was STILL disappointed. I feel like I got in line for the Millennium Force and somehow ended up Ocean Motion instead.

What did you find disappointing about the finale, just out of curiosity?

WHY DIDN'T A DISNEY SHOW HAVE GRAPHIC SEX BETWEEN UNDERAGE CHARACTERS SO UNFAIR

>Cram all of potential Season 3 into the last half of Season 2
>Waste that time on filler shit like Roadside Attraction or "Everyone has to tell Mabel she's the best"
>Remove all the menace and charm to Bill by just making him a... fratbro? Really?
>Give up on all the mystery and intrigue that made the show interesting in the first place for big dumb spectacle (the mecha shack just feels like it's from another show entirely)
>Mabel causes the apocalypse through her selfishness, wants to stay in the bubble due to her selfishness, and is even willing to replace her twin brother with a shallow copy out of selfishness... and never learns a fucking thing or faces any consequences
>Instead, Dipper has to give up HIS dream (you can say it wasn't a good idea in the first place, but it's not about him realizing that on his own, the framing's all fucked)
>The circle meant absolutely nothing, and even if it was supposed to be a red herring it feels incredibly half-assed
>Stan gets his memories back literally thirty seconds later
>What the fuck happened to Ford in the portal? You set up that, like, five seconds was enough to irreparably damage McGucket enough that he'd willingly destroy his own memories to forget about it but Ford spends twenty fucking years in there with nary a mention or explanation
>Give Pacifica a sympathetic backstory and shades of depth then completely ignore her
>The FBI are completely written off and never show up again despite a half season of buildup

The final half of Season 2 is a pungent combination of rushed and wrongheaded. Bill always felt more like a herald of something greater, but even if he had to be the final boss, they went about it in the least interesting way possible. I also know it's cliche to bitch about Mabel at this point but come the fuck on.

You can say that the first three quarters of the show were great, I certainly enjoyed them, but a terrible ending can really sour a series (see: Mass Effect).

>"Sex you next summer"

???

I don't think anybody is actually legitimately disappointed by this.

>We could've had this

youtube.com/watch?v=vq5sZPPF9ao

I guess it would've been a little weird if Gravity Falls only had exactly 1 or 2 musical numbers

It felt rushed and there didn't seem to be much dramatic weight or stakes. What little exists is almost always instantly negated by the events that immediately follow or completely deflated by overcompensating humor.

Which suggests that the finale needed more breathing room and better pacing. Stan getting his memories back wouldn't feel like a cop out if it felt like they had to work for it. And even Gideon wrestling with his forced redemption arc for a couple more scenes would've felt more genuine.

And I felt like some characters didn't come across as properly developed enough to give the wheel any true importance. Not even as a red herring.

Not to mention the whole forced argument between Stan and Ford. You could easily change it to Stan not trusting Ford because so much of this specific situation was Ford's fault in the first place.

Pretty much, yeah

Shipping
Useless second episode
Minor characters having minor roles
Stan getting back all of his memories 2 minutes after losing them

Some of those are valid points

Only 2 and 4

Also: Gideon doing a 180 after being told that Mabel might like him if he weren't an asshole

Dipper basically convinced a 9 year old to go from "trying to capture him to take to a chaos demon" to "going on a suicide mission for him" in about a minute

Bump.

This would have made Weirdmageddon so much better.

Other things that would make weirdmageddon better:

>not restricting it to one town.
>Massively rewriting part 2/removing it entirely.
>Mabel dying.

disappointed

Pretty much this.

>Mabel
>dying
Why does everyone want her to die all the time? Just make it so she's written to redeem herself. Why does everything have to be so damn edgy and dark?

you can write a shitty character to become better or redeemable without dying you know. It's called "character development".

Incredibly difficult sure, but not impossible.

Because I like ghost girls. Some would consider that a virtue.

Well, the writers should've thought of that when they had the chance.

>(the mecha shack just feels like it's from another show entirely)
I agree, something about it felt like Alex was more trying to appeal to weebs with an "Epic Mecha fight just like my animus!" when it really missed the point of those with its clunky CGI and lack of collateral destruction due to taking place in an empty Doom .WAD

>What the fuck happened to Ford in the portal? You set up that, like, five seconds was enough to irreparably damage McGucket enough that he'd willingly destroy his own memories to forget about it but Ford spends twenty fucking years in there with nary a mention or explanation

Another thing that bothered me. The portal was set up as the big mystery outside the author of the journals for the first season and a half... then they do nothing with it (other than add it to the shack robot). Feels like something that season 3 would've focused on but it was aborted.

>Give Pacifica a sympathetic backstory and shades of depth then completely ignore her

I believe the Northwests were just set up as a Le Drumpf XD parody from the beginning, when Alex heard of positive feedback about Pacifica he tried to switch gears, yet around the same time of 2B Trump was looking more like the frontrunner for the Republican campaign so he had to hit the ejector seat on that. As a result, Pacifica was punished for being the daughter of a rich demagogue despite her own heroics in the finale, just like that jew who screamed at Ivanka on the plane. Honestly, I'd rather they have spent more time developing Wendy and her family rather than the Northwests.

>I believe the Northwests were just set up as a Le Drumpf XD parody from the beginning
Jesus, they were just the "rich asshole characters" trope that has existed for decades.

The writers never had any intention of making Mabel grow; that would require acknowledging that Mabel had flaws, and they seemed dogged to ignore that at every turn.

See: The episode where a unicorn telling Mabel she isn't perfect sends her into a catatonic shock, and the rest of the cast does everything to assure Mabel that she is, in fact, perfect and wonderful.

And then, the cherry on top of this shit sundae, it turns out that unicorn was lying the whole time anyway.

That's all in the journals. McGucket went mad because he's a weak person anyway and freaked the fuck out after seeing Bill without his exoskeleton or something. Takes it off to eat apparently.

I'm guessing you like phanty too? The correct answer is "I don't like phanty, I "LOVE" phanty."

Why do you think I hate the writers and not the character.

Who's phanty?

Oh man, you are that obssessive fag that never shuts up about how Alex doesnt like Trump.

Here is news for you, the episodes were written almost a year before the elections started.

What's Phanty from?

Ford was pretty used to the supernatural before heading in. McGucket was a very superstitious religious type and had already been wiping his memory before he fell in the portal.

scooby-doo. ghoul school. probably top tier ghost girl waifu if you're into that.

Okay.

The final episode of Gravity Falls was not even finished in December 2015.

Either way, I'm just theorizing here. Pacifica probably wasn't given the focus that fans wanted in 2B because Alex has some sort of aversion of "shipping" and so, although Wendy and Pacifica got cool moments, they never really bonded with the cast in the same way characters like Soos did. So whether it was Trump, "muh poptarts and pokemon", or just the fact that Alex does a shitty job writing female characters, in the end two great characters ended up being wasted.

>Alex does a shitty job writing female characters.

I think that's the answer.

She is simply a minor character. She was never going to get as much focus as Dipper, Mabel, Stan, Ford, Soos and Wendy did.

>Wendy
>focus