Why are cartoons better than anime? Help me understand, Sup Forums?

Why are cartoons better than anime? Help me understand, Sup Forums?

Because you grew up watching cartoons

>Thinking one is above the other

>400+ replies inbound

No sense in limiting yourself exclusively to either medium. Both have hits and misses.

I like both. They all involve animation anyway so I don't see how this is a debate.

Kr0n is shit, stop posting.

anime is out of its experimental stage, and not many shows seem "new" or interesting.
Anime girls being cute makes more money than something actually interesting to watch, so the industry pumps that shit out more than anything.

also anime suffers a lack of brown girls and their fanbase is more cancerous than ours, not counting the steven universe fags.

Cartoons are looked down more as childish in comparison to anime.

Cartoons are better for humor.
Anime is better for everything else.

This is generally the norm for me, though there are a few exceptions.

So's anime, dude.

But anime is not looked down upon more than cartoons.

It's natural when teens and early adults watch anime, but is unnatural and seems childish when the same age demographic does it.

Maybe if you exclude Disney

This desu, hate anime humor but go to it for everything else

pretty much this if you grew up in western society.

This. The proper question to ask is why animated shows are so much better than live action ones?

Because cartoons actually have money thrown in them.

But seriously, both have their strengths and weaknesses, I prefer cartoons cause a middle ground actually exists, but when animes are good, they're really good, but when they're bad..... they're really bad.

Hey Arnold is honestly better than a lot of anime.

Because cartoons have more varied and original art styles. Unlike anime, cartoons can tell a full story in 10-20 min so you won't need to watch multiple episodes in production order to get a full experience. Also, cartoons handle comedy better.

good answers

>The proper question to ask is why animated shows are so much better than live action ones?

They aren't.

Cartoon
>Superior comedy
>interest characters design
>Superior waifus

Anime
>everything else

>cartoon about comics are pretty good
>live actions about comic are all shit
>"They aren't"

delete this

cartoons satisfy my furry needs
animes satisfy my human needs

Wander is not a furry

This, just watch what you want man. Fuck, I'm watching Star Trek:TNG right now

then whatever wander is
some cartoons satisfy those needs

It depends really. I'd rather watch a slice of life cartoon than a slice of lore anime. I go to anime fir action or crazy shit

Anime used to be better, but now it's degenerate fucking retarded weeb shit. Japans slow death as a nation and as a people is reflected in the decline of its art.

Well, typically if they don't attempt some kind of emotional or philosophical depth then they can't actually crash and burn with it. A lot of anime is aimless but those typically that way are also lax in actual animation standards. Many anime are so far up their own ass in pretentiousness it all falls apart, which is very rare for a cartoon to have.

Anime is actually starting to be good again. Slowly, but surely. Just look at the new Pokemon season or the Little Witch Academia series. Not only are their art styles different from the A-1 cardboard cutouts, but the tone as well feels very cartoony because there's more comedic emphasis, much like a western cartoon. I'd argue they're less static as well but honestly I'm not the one to ask since my eyes always trail to the subtitles no matter what language I watch media in.

>Why are cartoons better than anime?
it depends on the cartoon
but it also depends on the anime
for example "My gym partner is a monkey" ain't beating any anime

or "Yokai watch" isn't beating any cartoons.

cartoons like spongebob and fairy odd parents are automatic shit, so they automatically lose to any anime

>Cartoons better than anime/anime is better than cartoons

is a really shitty debate because both differ.

>watching the pokemon anime
>ever

Agreed. There's just so much weeb and shonen shit filling up the industry.

If I watch anime today, I watch TV series or movies exclusively from serious directors such as Satoshi Kon and Yuasa Masaaki,

Anime has a really bad fucking problem with saturation

Can you name on one hand all the anime that follow the following

>It's highschool, but they're magicians or magic knights or something
>He's 15 and uninteresting, but all the women around him simultaneously want his dick
>I WANNA BE THE BEST LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS in high school
>It's set in fucking highschool whether the plot demands it or not.
>CUTE GRILLS DOING CUTE THINGS SO KAWAII DESU DAIJOUBU EEEEEHHHH?

I enjoy the odd anime here or there, but the last two years have been especially bad. We've gone past the shit hitting the fan and getting all over everyone, but for some reason no one wants to clean it up.

a lot of cartoons are aimed at kids but written in such a way that adults can enjoy them too. Anime is only aimed at teenagers and impossible for adults to enjoy.

Live action (at least the ones out right now) are complete garbage.
Animation in the 2010s has been thriving while live action continues to shit the bed but people still watch anyway

Implying any cartoon can ever aspire to the perfection that is Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, Code Geass, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, or Naoki Urasawa's Monster.

None of those perfect, and especially not Death Note or Code Geass.

That's because it is. Anime can deal outright with serious themes while cartoons only allude to it because it's for kids, and adult cartoons are just puerile garbage like Family Guy. Not to mention most anime have kick ass OSTs, cartoons do not. Except maybe Hey Arnold.

>it's a show about a buff white guy in ridiculous tights fighting crime

So? TNG is awesome.

>it's another Sup Forums is insecure with cartoons because anime exists threads
Feels good.

oh my god i shit you not, last year, there were like four anime that came out after the other ended, and they had the exact same fucking premise.

>school, mecha-knight/magic bullshit
>uninteresting MC, THEY WANT HIS DICK
>have to combat alien foe
>harem shit
>kid is either royalty or has an utterly bullshit power
>purple rain

Wander is not for sexual.

lol

I still think the average vidya you here about coming out these days is pretty good but I will agree that 90% of anime coming out is utter shit. But if it is a good anime, it's going to be pretty memorable or just passable enough to be forgettable. There's a lot of promising cartoons out right now, but not as much as 10, 5, or even 2 years ago.I'd say 75% of cartoons are not at all worth watching, 90% of anime is trash but theres more of it than cartoons.

>Death Note

It can oftentimes seem like a lot of anime series are just these distant works in a metaphorical bubble that's hard for newcomers to get into. Ignoring the fact that most of them have Japanese gibberish in the very title, they have pretty much no discussion that doesn't tie into other series and other creators and a huge sort of web that can be pretty offputting. Combined with the fact that so many anime series use the same stock characters and how obnoxious the weeaboo horror stories can get, the payout on anime in most cases is a bigger gamble than the accessible nature of cartoons. Following anime as a medium is probably closer to being a general film snob than it is to following cartoons, except it has much less academic and practical value than either.

Did that make sense?

hol lee fuk

No

Yes

>they never uploaded the full version

thats all i did for /y/ a year and a half ago
its lewder if you cant see it
this too

shit, you made that? good job then

that picture is moe as fuck

>that one season with 4 magical academy battle harems airing at the same time, with two of them literally having the exact same first episode

Luckily that event opened eyes for that genre. Unluckily it just shifted the flood gates to Web novel isekai schlock

thanks senpai

>implying anime and cartoons are different aside from place of origin.

You're just as bad as a fucking weeb.

Okay let me phrase it another way.

Getting into anime is like getting into big two cape comics. There's so much of it that comes out so often that most people starting out usually want "recommendations" so as to not be overwhelmed, even though on the whole it's just the same few tropes in varying presentations.

Anime is like taking that, then hiding it behind a language and culture on the other side of the planet.

So many people here saying cartoons are better for comedy but not for me. Cartoons can be entertaining but I can't really pin point what makes them better or worse than anime, they're just different.

But OP, anime are cartoons.

Childhood is when you idolize anime, adulthood is when you realize that western animation make more sense.

Who's actually dumb enough to lump up the entirety of two entire countries animations into two blobs?

>Lack of brown girls

I agree, more pre-potato Cascade please

>SU Fags

And you lost me

Name three good live action shows airing right now.

name?

>another anime vs cartoons thread
There's no goddamn difference. They're just two words from different languages; they both describe animated TV shows and movies. People use the word anime to refer to animated shows from Japan and associate it with the styles and tropes of that country's animation industry, but those are just creative decisions and not restrictions of the medium.

The fact that people still ask whether avatar is anime or not shows how useless the term is in English

I guess I can agree with digits like that