Good evening owls,

last three issues

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/LUHxw6MV
youtube.com/watch?v=Ku9PqLXLnF8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OP is a faggot

Evening OP.

You're right on time tonight, sugartits.

Off to a good start!

>Off to a good start!
agreed

>most pretentious DM ever

>Canete
Wait a minute, isn't this...

OH MY GAWWWWWWWWWWWD

that ass is SQUARE

in "shit that happened yesterday", the Morose Canines put out an anthology of ~forbidden thoughts~ SF/F and it's just as bad as you'd think

>>most pretentious DM ever
But that's every DM

that's some generous stylization

oh gosh, we're way past McGuinness levels of 'stylishly cartoony' now

When did Peter get Reed's powers?

Did it have two Chapter Fives?

no, but it was probably unintentionally revealing about a lot of people's kinks

I have no idea what any part of that sentence means

Oh boy, we're in full on Ditko mode now huh

>The superhero origin of Grant Morrison

that sounds absolutely awful

Holy shit what happened to his faaaaaaaace

>89166834
Casey doing Ditko means it's not Casey doing, like, super-edgy

it's stunningly bad

It's so bad, trying to format a link to an overview keeps tripping the spamfilter

True, but it does lend itself to pretentiousness.

Joe Casey, pretentious? That would never happen!

Speaking of (the broader field), I just found out last night that I'm apparently, like, three degrees from Robert Sawyer, socially, as he's dating the best friend of one of my aunts.

Felt mildly interesting, man.

same, explain plz

huh, are you Canadian?

is it at least funny bad?

i think this kind of stylization on spidey is good.

put the link in pastebin?

pastebin.com/LUHxw6MV

there's some laughs, yeah

Eh, I'm usually a sucker for stylization, but there's a thing as going too far that you become nearly incomprehensible, and I think Canete's reached that point.

I didn't think about it until this rethrough of Starman but is Mikaal related to Shadow Lass somehow?

the series needs more Thom

very short version: the crew who gamed the sf/f Hugos a few years ago and then were bitter when the response was to overwhelmingly vote NO AWARD over their nominees has put out an antho of the sort of sf/f that is supposedly Kept Down by liberal publishers and fans

Remember, kids, don't do drugs.

Ha, yeah. As is the Aunt, and I think, the Best Friend (originally, now living in Las Vegas).

They're from the same race but different planets

and also 1000 years apart

You're not my mother!

man it really shows how little i knew of DC when I first read the series not to make that connection

> an antho of the sort of sf/f that is supposedly Kept Down by liberal publishers and fans

oh lord, i thought you meant it was like a "Here are guidelines to writing" thing

the Canadian Fanbase is well-known for some block voting for Sawyer, that's how I knew for sure

Somehow it's even worse than I was expecting! christ in heaven I've read better Sup Forums greentexts

Hey OP.

I started playing Contest of Champions because Al Ewing is The Man from O.U.R.G.U.Y.

I unlocked Guillotine! She a cute!

complete with intro by M**o, the very model of the Fake Geek Boy

Hey, a new font.

Looks like we got lost and ended up in an issue of Thor somehow.

Man, it's so liberating to not give a Kentucky fried fuck about entertainment awards in general.
Half the internet sharing itself over the Golden Globes somehow glorifying Trump, and all I can think is "Who gives a fuck about the Golden Globes?"

it's like, I've read some preachy sf/f in my days, but most of it tried to be less of a caricature than THIS. it's not even OH JOHN RINGO NO class fun.

>: "Auto America," by E. J. Shumak. In a world run by oppressive liberals, aman pranks a robot to pass the time, only to find to his misfortune that robots are now considered minorities and he just committed a hate crime.

it's like the twilight zone but stupid as fuck

>* Locations 403-431: "Auto America," by E. J. Shumak. In a world run by oppressive liberals, aman pranks a robot to pass the time, only to find to his misfortune that robots are now considered minorities and he just committed a hate crime.
This sounds amusing

this reads like people satirizing what the Puppies think except no, it's real

jesus fuck

What's an aman?

>robots are now considered minorities and he just committed a hate crime.
beep boop don't shoot

Should Madge really be huffing "temporal quasi-dust"?

I mean, I know he Super manly, but that seems like the kind of hardcore backalley shit that'd get you so fucked up you wake up a toddler.

there's a few germs of readable ideas in there, I won't deny that

beep boop

hey, is this /d/?

lol some of these sound like serious versions of satire that better writers have done. Like
> refused to let anyone accomplish anything because accomplishments made inferiors feel bad.
I think Vonnegut? did a short story with the same premise.

it really makes you think about your own ability and sense of shame. it can't be that hard to shit out this stuff!

Ho ho, really? I haven't ever really paid too much attention to the whole Hugo community, aside from the whole rabid friends of no men incident. I think I read one of his books, like, ten years ago. Wasn't too bad.

Just barely recognized his name enough to offer an "I...think...I know who that is?" when said Aunt, who'd just gotten back from visiting her friend in Vegas for a couple of weeks, and was crashing at our place last night, was telling this story of late-found love, and mentioned his name (singling me out for a "You know who he is?", as I'm one of the two top-nerds in the extended family).

Given how rarely I think about the Hugos, having you mention them in one of your threads, just twenty four hours later, felt like I had to say something, as pointless as it may have been. Sorry, sorry.

About 23 letters away from an X-Man?

that's how Madge rolls!

Yes, it's a bargain-basement Harrison Bergeron

>Locations 1811-2314: "The Hymms of the Mothers," by Brad Torgersen. A teenager in an all-female society comes to a horrifying realization: the brutish, beast-like creatures which labor as slaves to maintain their society aren't actually another species like the government says. They're a type of human too, called "males", and once they were considered equal to females before the women subjugated them and made them into a slave caste.

this was a great Legion issue

I am definitely not active in Hugos-voting fandom, I just like many others tend to use the shortlist and the like as a "did I miss anything really good this year?", and found the ongoing trainwreck of the Canines entertaining as fuck because sometimes it was "can both sides lose" in specific arguments

"Just A-Man"

Thanks user, you just gave me an idea for that X-run I'll probably never write.

Also a mediocre Rick and Morty episode.

i didn't expect surprise Jesus in one of those stories

A-Man should be Adam X's nemesis.

Anyways, if you hadn't run into JCW's prose before this, ha ha enjoy that bit in the antho

Eventually they bond over their mutual love for C-Man

>pastebin.com/LUHxw6MV

Jesus.
Why didn't they just name the collection Poe's Law and label the fucking thing accurately.

"My religion is true and this is how I prove others false" is a well-stocked lil' subgenre

Oh boy it's Kirby-Like Cosmic Superdude #8276351!

Do the Young Justice bit, where he's a normal guy who just hangs around the X-Men for an arc.

>"You're the newest X-Man, right? What's your name?"
>"Me? I'm just a man."
>"A-Man? Kind of pretentious, but I'll make sure everyone knows!"
>"Damn it."

Man, Cyborg Jimmy Olsen is looking haggard by this point.

I will say this for the art: I think it fits the narrative, whereas it wouldn't work at all in a more straightforward story, but we're being all high-concept tonight

Evening, OP. Do you happen to have the one-shot story written by Alan Moore "The Big Chill" that has Majestic as one of the last beings alive at the Heat Death of the Universe? And if so, will you be posting it in this storytime?

Why are they so rarely Cosmic Superchicks?

yes

I'll run it another time, after this I'm going the fuck to sleep, I had a long day at work

Needs more motorcycles. youtube.com/watch?v=Ku9PqLXLnF8

Women can't handle cosmic power. They immediately go evil and eat the sun.

it's wild Jean and the Force catch shit for that when it only happened cause her mind got fucked with

You kid and I loled because that one's true, but there's something very misogynist about the particular way Bendis had Wanda go crazy

Don't say that, you'll invite Judge user to dump his folder of Phyla-Vell pictures.

>
Locations 2318-2905: "By His Cockle Hat and Staff", by John C. Wright. In a world ruled by oppressive liberals, the government has agents astrally project into alternate universes in order to make them more progressive. A woman projects into one world in order to derail the space race (as technical accomplishments make people feel they have value, which is not progressive) but then vanishes; when the government decides to disconnect her life support, her boyfriend goes after her. He discovers that she actually went to the most anti-progressive universe of all, a verdant utopia in which women never got the right to vote and so are cared for by men for all their lives. She says that she feels valued as a woman for the first time and so doesn't want to leave, and the man resolves to find a way to either force her home or stay with her in the anti-suffraggette world permanently--but his plans are derailed by Jesus Christ, who astrally projects in and has a special mission for both of them.

Are they intentionally writing self parody?

>"I stood up and said, “But you can marry us, right? The old fashioned unbreakable marriage vows that last until death?”

>The dog said, “Perhaps you should ask the girl, first.”

>(The dog is Jesus)

these sons of bitches stole from Phantom Stranger!!

it's because "bitches, amirite?" is a deeply embedded meme

He is absolutely srs bzns.

Well every story since the first has been "oh no the Phoenix... oh no I'm going evil!!!!!!" without that caveat.

as in, "had extended debate on his blog about how female suffrage was really a bad idea"

>In a world ruled by oppressive liberals
Is it just me, or do they all start like this?

also probably the way Byrne had her go crazy.

>tfw no one reads the original arc by... oh wow David Michelinie, Steven Grant, and Mark Gruenwald

He combined women can't handle power with women are crazy about their babies into a new misogynist supertrope.

right, it's a twofer!

>"The other surefire way to recognize skeletons is that they are always complaining, even more than typical SF fans! And they don’t complain about physics or continuity or character arcs, they complain about “representation”, “diversity” and “toxic masculinity”. If you said “people of color” to a group of fans a decade ago, they might think you were referring in a roundabout way to green aliens. Now with the influence of social justice, they know that the most important thing in science fiction is having a bisexual Arab of size as a main character."

Why don't you care about the purple skins!

when is that backlash gonna hit Bendis? my god.

ding ding ding

But it's okay, because he created Jessica Jones, so you know he's a feminist.

That's the creator's "I'm not racist, my best friends are blacks."

A miserable pile ofsecrets

You must have missed this one:
>* Locations 3703-4233: "Test of the Prophet," by L. Jagi Lamplighter. A Muslim US Marine returns to her homeland of Pakistan in order to rescue her brother, who has fallen in with ISIS. When she finds him she realizes that he and his friends are possessed by evil djinni, and though an angel shows up he is powerless to drive the djinni away. However, if she listens to the angel and accepts that the right religion is actually Christianity, she may be able to call upon Jesus Christ to drive away the djinni for her and save her brother.

Which, frankly, sounds more feminist than this collection would accept, AND more open to heathen ideas than its Christian premise would presumably find acceptable.

So, how is GODLAND?
...are there any women in it?

someone in the comments mentions it could be fun to give the prompts to good writers to try and salvage something.

Sounds like a fucking Chick tract.

Awesome.

I'll be watching for it.

Sleep well.

yay, women

Okay, to be fair, Madge is admittedly somewhat interesting as a Superman expy in that he's consistently-with-a-few-exceptions presented as manly but not for sexual