Sup Forums due to an ice storm I have nothing to do tonight, so let's read Killing and Dying!

Sup Forums due to an ice storm I have nothing to do tonight, so let's read Killing and Dying!

How is everyone doing tonight?

feeling pretty spiffy

How ironic, considering what's going to happen to you because of the ice storm.

this is hell

all the comics you've storytimed that i've read have been a total waste of time.

i get suckered in because its some indie shit with a neat cover i haven't seen and i think THIS ONE might be good, but it never is. that one about the girl who sold half her personality to the TV was the worst of them. phantogirl or something like that

then fuck off

Keep crying :^)

i'd rather stay and insult this guy's bad taste

Nah I'll be fine, maybe, probably.

No one cares that you have poor taste

You have no life, my man. Do the world a favor and go play in traffic.

I'm sorry user, comics are a heavily personal thing and I really don't claim to story time stuff that everyone will like because of it. I'm really sorry that you haven't liked stuff I've done, if you tell me what you tend to like I'd be happy to find something you will love. I have the time tonight so don't be shy.

You're a good man, Dan. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm not sick user but thanks! The roads in Omaha are just REALLY shitty so my DnD group couldn't meet tonight.

The first time I read this, I didn't really like it. It had great reviews and it seemed interesting-ish, but I simply didn't like it. Perhaps, I wasn't in the mood, or I just was maybe forcing myself to like it

Then, months and months later, I read it again. This time, I really liked it. Certain stories were excellent, especially the one with the teenage girl and her dad. It genuinely struck a chord with me, and that's rare.

Thanks for the story time, Dan. Hopefully, a few more people will enjoy this book too. Did you have any favorite particular stories, Dan?

Dan Dashly has been storytiming comics since something like 2010 you fucking faggot, I can guarantee you've only read a tiny sliver of what he's read and I can guarantee he has better taste than you.

>DnD group in Omaha
user, do I know you? I feel like I do. Just tell me this: is your DM also a Twitch streamer?

Whoa user no need to be so angry, I've story timed bad comics before. I appreciate the love but that user is well within his rights to criticize what I story time.

This is my first time reading it! Amazon keeps suggesting it to me so I'm checking it out at the same time you all are.

I'm the DM for my group, we actually stopped playing pathfinder and started Pokemon Tabletop Adventure but I find it easier to just say DnD since it leads to less questions.

Ah shit, I'm sorry, man. Hopefully, you'll get to play DnD with your pals pretty soon!

I don't mean to distract you but could you explain why DnD players find the game so interesting? I've dabbled a little here and there, but it just isn't for me. This isn't a jab at you or anything, I just really wanna understand what appeals to those who play DnD.

Well I love the crunch aspects of it, getting to build my character in a specific way and deciding what to be good at and bad at, making the numbers line up and trying new different things within the system. That aside I also really love building and being part of a world that either I design or someone else does and like being a part of what leads to certain events. It's the same reason people like a free roaming rpg like Skyrim or Fable or Withcher 3 I imagine. If that word vomit makes sense.

I also really love being a DM since it gives me an excuse to write a world and a story and keeps you on your toes since your players are bound to fuck up your plan.

Interesting, thanks!

Yeah man if you ever want to talk about it or whatever just let me know! I'm always down to talk ttrpgs.

Ah, okay, my mistake. Sorry!

I'm not part of the group I was asking about, I just know a couple guys who do Dungeon World and are situated in Omaha. I'm also the DM of my local Pathfinder group, DMs represent

Yeah man that forever DM live is awesome. It's cool you know some guys from Omaha, it's a fun city to live in.

I find the weirdest thing about Tomine is that his story are so realistic, it actually makes them much harder to relate to.

I think is is an unfortunate side effect of reading and watching too much "unrealistic" fiction. I'm not calling you out, I think it's a problem fro a lot of people (myself included). There's a LOT of Sci-fi , fantasy, and superhero stories out there now, and even stories are are supposedly "normal slice of life style" tend to be comically exaggerated. So much so that it's changing how we view real situation and our interactions with real people.

good, thanks for posting.

No need to thank me, I just post other people's work on Sup Forums.

I was just saying, I don't really empathize with the characters because I don't really share any experience with them.

Like this older guy who abuses his "fiance"

The guys a shit pump and the lady is unfortunately in a sad situation she needs to get out of.