Does anyone actually like this stupid plotline?

Does anyone actually like this stupid plotline?

It's nice that Desire showed up to magic away the problem.

His fans pretend to like it because they like the idea of a consistently "progressive" comic. They will surely find diplomatic ways to laud this presumably clumsy depiction of a robot's mind.

Well at least it isn't all drag and drop art.

That's the only good thing I can say.

Well it seems his stupid sci-fi comic he does on the side actually has fans, so don't underestimate how many people who like trite.

The art seems to have been worse the last few weeks also. I wouldn't be surprised if he has another meltdown soon.

I have not read it, but I don't know who is telling him that his robot depiction is actually good. Like his robots are basically just people that talk about robot stuff occasionally. Maybe he is ramping it up because of the success of Westworld.

Yeah I know, I hope he gets back to wisecracking about Indie bands no one gives a shit about.

This robot stuff is the best he's ever written.

I think Jacques read some Culture novels recently and wants to do a more complicated story about AI. Too bad he is tragically hamhanded and cant do shit worth doing with his daily serial webcomic. AI that takes care of fellow AI but hates/ambivalents humans is a trope in that series.

Jesus christ this sucks so hard.

i have no idea what's happening, what's going on?

This is the worst robot devil ever.

that's a pretty low bar to clear, but technically you're right.

at what point does faye get the fucking message that she's punching above her wait though? how many times is she going to have an "IF YOU HURT HER..." speech cut short by the same dude saying "oh, trust me....hisssss...if i could hsssss... i would have alreadyssssss!!!"
nevermind all the "instant, easy solution to an insurmountable problem" bullshit. we all know there's a hidden catch, just like we know it's only going to take all of a dozen strips to overcome it.
shit's still better than Dumbing of Age though.

Basically Faye and her robot Bubbles are trying to get the robot's PTSD memories back from the one-dimensional bad robot. It wasn't going so hot until Desire from Sandman showed up literally out of nowhere and now appears to be facilitating Emily rooting around Bubbles the robot's head.

why does the bad robot have the memories

Bubbles asked her to lock them away, so she did but now won't give them back. If this seems stupid to you, that's because it is.

>It wasn't going so hot until Desire from Sandman showed up literally out of nowhere and now appears to be facilitating Emily rooting around Bubbles the robot's head.
There's no way that's what actually happened Right?

Nobody even likes this comic, man.

This is definitely not how you write a Mind, yeah.

Holy shit she literally shows up out of nowhere, and she is literally Desire of the Endless, what a fucking hack.

She's gonna find Yami Yugi in there.

Well it's better than him treading water on social 'drama' like Faye developing and getting over her alcoholism out of the the blue.

He may suck at writing sci-fi but I'd rather he write sucky sci-fi than sucky slice of life.

For a comic that revolves around drama, none of it actually lasts.

>Faye's issues with her dead father.
Never actually explored once she explained her story.

>Faye's alcoholism.
Cured in 6 pages.

>Bubble's memories held hostage.
Deus Ex Machina 4 pages after it is revealed.

>Female Marten breaks up with Gay Marten over her emotional trust issues.
Immediately starts dating a wacky librarian.

And on and on and on.

Do the other hand this time!

>hamhanded
Explains the carving knife

I think he basically is too terrified of upsetting anyone to write anything with real consequences. Like as soon as things start to get uncomfortable he writes his way out. The problem is that conflict is the core of any story and if he is not willing to commit to that, then he is doomed to continuing mediocrity. The Faye alcoholism stuff is probably some of the more compelling since it is something he obviously has experience with himself, but like you said, he basically won't let things get too dark.
He is not terrible at writing characters, but he just gets bored of them since they lack any real substance so he just makes new ones every few years.

Look there goes Jeph
And there goes his robot O.C.
Oh no!!!
Wonda what their gonna get in to today

Uh oh stabbed in the hand again
Oh no stabbed in the hand again
We messed up
Stabbed in the hand again
Not again

Uh oh
Jeph's writing comics again
Makin up anythin he's imaginin
There goes half his fanbase
He always argues wit em
They think they know it all but ain't even been to space
Whatever Jeph wants he just goes and creates
Robots doesn't matter the size or da shape
Hes always doin crazy plots or makin a mess
And they don't come out correct
Then you know what happens next

We messed up
Not again

Jeph's Patreon he can always count on it
To get him into trouble or to get him out of it
Sometimes if he needs Dora then he'll use her
But Jeph's only true best friends r his computers

We messed up
Not again

>neural interface to explore the extensive consciousness and memory of a sophisticated AI needs a wire connection

Well a wired connection would be better for transmitting data than a wireless one, so that isn't actually dumb.

When did Faye lose all that weight? It isn't like Jeph to be inconsistent...

she got buff in the timeskip

Yeah, but she was still kinda fat, like Bearmode.

Honestly, her weight isn't even a big deal. It's that dipshit haircut she has.

this is fucking stupid
it's like a 5 year old trying to plagiarize a sci fi cartoon he saw once and still fucking it up

Did you mean figuratively?

Also its some kind of AI, not an Endless.

In the robot devil's defense, there are few things more annoying than having to play the whole "if I wanted to kill you, you'd be dead already" card completely straight because some idiot is getting uppity.

>putting a literal deus ex machina in your comic
Really?

Many of us have been waiting for him to snap.

>>Female Marten breaks up with Gay Marten over her emotional trust issues.
>Immediately starts dating a wacky librarian.

Outs her as a Tranny, pigeonholes them into a stupid relationship, trolls fanbase.

Yes. First time I'm actually not even reading these on Sup Forums.

>haven't read this thing in a year
>come back to see Desire in a plot involving some kind of...weird...AI...thing
Hmm. Well, could be worse I guess.

The pacing is still weird. Redundant "if you hurt hers" in the first two panels, then an actually pretty well executed sudden break in the second two. And the bottom image is one of the best uses of perspective in the comic I've seen so far. Jeff has been getting a bit goofy with perspective lately, seems like a lot of what he's doing has been more experimentation than a clear concept, but this is pretty good. This scene is obviously what he's been working up to, with the fast forwarded plot line we've been getting lately. I'm hoping it slows down and actually becomes interesting. We'll see.

I'm still hoping restoring the memories turns out to be a really bad idea. Potentially dangerous even, given Bubble's history and the no strings attached deal from obviously evil bot.

Maybe she was coerced into locking the memories away, but that memory had also been locked away. That would explain her sudden desire to have them back.

>This robot stuff is the best he's ever written.
how sad

No, he didn't. We literally smash cut from a scene in her apartment to a scene in the coffee shop where she just walks onto stage.

And they're calling her Desire because everything from the design to the behavior smells like a cut-rate Gaiman derivative.

My favorite part is how she's completely superfluous to the plot, since she immediately just hands the action over to quirky library girl.

You know, I actually appreciate that he's trying new things with his art. I just wish he'd do that for the whole comic instead of going all-in on one panel once a month or so and having the rest of the comic be the same old talking heads

If it's not about the trannie I don't care.

If you want to see him experiment, check out his other comic.

Is that still going on?
He removed the link from the QC page.

Yeah updates once a week. Dunno why he removed it from the website. Speaking of the website, it looks pretty bad right now ... was better with the sidebar and darker colors. It's kind of a mess right now, his links are just dumped on the bottom of the page.

Except go to the police who I assume have some setup for dealing with rouge A.I in this benevolent utopia.

Is desire retarded? not just socially since real desire would be making 10/10 jabs that hurt you so good and get your right in the soft part of your soul loving the pain that affirmation of your deepest regrets on longing brings, the kind you yourself cant even look at but know is real.

But no
Apparently we get a fluid deus ex bot whos just a cheeky bitch who's untouchable
10/10 character see me after class.

Because Jeph really cares about the proper portrayal of how technology works, true.

Trash comic