America VS Japan

Who has the best heroes Sup Forums?

Would you watch an "anime" cartoon that flip flopped between each version of DC comics and an anime style of art?

The American version would be in Japanese, the Anime would be in English.

both area's hero's have pros and cons but the problem is Japan and the west have vary different views on morality and about heros. The only time i could see a graphical style switch working would be something like a movie because that requires alot of coordination between studios and an extended series would not work due too budget, time and coordination. Sure you could have one company try and mimic the art style of another company but you would definitely tell the difference and it would be campy.

Sort of like how they did "Gotham Knight"

Damn it DC and SJ, just let me have the Dragon Ball crossover already

Goku isn't a hero, he's just an idiot who likes to fight. If there wasn't a hand full of people telling Goku he saved the planet he'd never have known.

All-Might is a hero though, and I'd put his desire to protect people right up there with Superman.

Captain America vs All Might, who wins and why?

im watching Boku No Hero now, sorta why I made this thread.

Its a decent adaptation, though you should really read it.
All-Might is stupid strong and fast, even with his condition. He shouldn't have a problem grabing Cap within his usual time limit.

ill find it online or just fuck it and buy all the fuckin manga.

WHAT IS Cap's weakness? someone being stronger than him?

Basically, Cap is stronger and faster than the average human to be sure, but he's not got that stupid comic book strength to match the likes of Superman, Thor or anyone with actual strength enhancing powers. All-Might is basically the equivalent of how Superman was when he started out, strong and fast enough to save a hundred people from burning buildings in under ten minutes, make gusts of wind when he punches, and jump over a Japanese city skyline.

I should watch KR Black some time.

>who has the best heroes?

I'd put Saitama in the same area as Goku, in that he's not doing anything altruistically, but he's doing it for the kicks.

Young Justice was pretty anime inspired

>Goku isn't a hero, he's just an idiot who likes to fight.
He honesty puts the world in more danger than it has to be put in just to get a good fight. People who call him a hero are dead wrong. I'd say the closest thing to a hero in DBZ is Future Trunks.

I can see it.

American fiction created the modern definition of superheroism.

Cap regularly beats down people who have more "power" than he does, because usually they have one ability, and are barely above human in others, if at all. If someone has super speed, odds are they don't have super strength or durability, thus making Cap stronger and tougher than they are.

He also created his own martial art for the express purpose of striking with actual superhuman force. But the real trick is, the serum put Cap at peak human, and keeps him there no matter what, but Cap also works out, he trains. Meaning he IS NOT peak human, he's elevated himself to superhuman.

Around both times, didn't Japan and America have their own 2 iconic heroes?
Ultraman and at the time maybe Batman or Superman or both.

The likelihood of them knowing about both each other would only be known if it was sailed in (I don't think during the 40s and 50s we were shipping cargo by air were we?)

As far as I know, Ultraman was made in the 60's, meaning Superman and Batman are both 30 years older.

We werent at war with Japan at the time, but I could see us having little contact with them right? so it would be hard to know what is where. There are original ideas (then)

It's possible, but honestly how could you ever find out?

*shrug*
Notta clue. Build a time machine

Tbf, Goku keeps trying to just chill in the after life so he won't attract trouble but everyone else is just so incompetent

Pre WW2 nips was EMPEROR STRONK mind set, then got nuked and appeared the likes of Astroboy and Tetsujin 28.

Gohan wanted to be a superhero though, then he became a family man.

i goddamn love All Mightu

>Gohan became a family man
No. He became a faggot.

You had "pre-superheros" from both sides. On the American side you have Solomon Kane, The Shadow, Buck Rogers, Tarzan, John Carter, etc. On the Japanese side you have Ogon Bat and The Prince of Gamma. All these characters predate Superman.

What Superman did was create the archetype of the modern superhero with a secret identity and a focus on solving crime and social problems.

A lot of guys like to say Ogon Bat was the first superhero and that Japan invented the super hero, but Ogon Bat was just Solomon Kane with even more weird fiction concepts grafted onto the character.

DIALY REMINDER GOKU IS A SUPERMAN HOMAGE!

>the problem is Japan and the west have vary different views on morality and about heros
Most notably how heroes approach problems and how they become heroes in the first place. In Japan, many heroes have to work to improve themselves and earn their strength through some form of training or self-improvement. Heroes almost always have raw talent, but until they learn to channel said talent they are next to useless. Western heroes, on the other hand, nearly always start with the deck fully stacked for them, and their problems stem less from physical failure and more from intellectual/emotional failure.

To put it plainly, Vegeta fails to beat an enemy because he hasn't trained and become stronger. Batman fails to beat an enemy because he hasn't come up with a plan to beat them.

Each method of hero building has its benefits and weaknesses, and I don't think either is objectively superior. In the end, to quote Freakazoid, it's not important, just interesting.

Japan is a collectivist society. Its heroes deal with the inner anxiety of not measuring up to what's required of you by society. You have to pass the test. You have to pass the tournament. You have to git gud. You have to raise your power level.You have to prove yourself again and again.

America is a more individualistic society. You have heroes that focus on very personal, very psychological problems. There's a reason the secret identity thing is everywhere in western heroes but is almost totally absent or irrelevant to Japanese heroes. Can Superman protect the secret of his identity from snoopy Lois Lane, can Batman deal with his dead parents, can Spider-Man make it to Mary Jane's play tonight, etc.

Japanese heroes deal with the fear of not measuring up when everyone is counting on you. American heroes deal with the fear of not being who you really are deep down.

Shirou and the Punisher would probably be best bros.