Gets punched by super powered beings

>Gets punched by super powered beings
>walks it off like its nothing

Why not just reveal he had super powers this whole time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YFGens0_W-U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because Batfags are the only ones keeping DC alive

youtu.be/YFGens0_W-U

I like to believe that every time something like that happens that he's hurting like a motherfucker with a bunch of ribs broken, but he acts as if he wasn't feeling anything at all and that everything is good because giving off the idea that he's strong enough to stand with these gods and always in control is of utmost importance.

batman should really just be relegated to financial benefactor and minor detective work seeing as the flash with his knowledge of forensics and super speed should be able to outperform him in even that field.

its not as though Bruce is all that intelligent either given that by measure of pure raw mental power it should be literally everyone else>bruce>the respective green lantern of the era.

>its not as though Bruce is all that intelligent
I dont know about that

He's smart but not super genius smart.

All Batman needs is a canon eplanation of him genetically having superhuman willpower. That's it.

Seriously though, he's only a real Mary Sue when he is around actual super beings. He has to be to be relevant.

2nd smartest man on earth

Every normal character is.

Why people complain about Batman being a Gary Stu when characters like Green Arrow, Blue Beetle and so on all get to do awesome stuffs when in the Justice League?

Because they're actually cool and earned their spots while Batman is nothing but a mary sue asshole and a meme character.

Green Arrow's a poor's man Batman who's an even bigger asshole.

Batman is a reddit hero

>starts out as a rich kid with degrees in biology, chemistry, and psychology, with martial arts training and working as a stagehand for magicians
>ends up as a genius Olympic-level athlete with the ability to fight demigods and win "with enough planning"

Batman is awful if he's going up against anyone who isn't human, but if he's going against human characters he's the second best superhero in DC.

Because Batman is A-List so there's lots more examples of him being pushed up power-wise to keep up with the rest of the league.

Like, if Supes and Wondy are fighting somewhere, Batman has to be there too cause muh popularity, despite him being hopelessly outclassed. Whereas Green Arrow is usually happy fighting mooks if there are real heavy hitters running around.

Batman's also good fighting street level guys like some iterations of Ivy, and Freeze, but too often shit devolves into "Batman invents and uses the bat anti-thing gadget after first being defeated by thing"

You dont understand the appeal of Batman. People dont like batman because he is realistic. They like him because he is just a normal human that doesnt think twice when jumping into demigod danger when he is outclassed in every way. Superman isnt brave because he has godlike powers to save him all the time. While Batman doesnt care for powers he just does justice.

Forgetting Batman has prep time power. Flash is a faggot in spandex.

>Superman isnt brave because he has godlike powers to save him all the time.
Lex pls

>Like, if Supes and Wondy are fighting somewhere, Batman has to be there too cause muh popularity

With how shitty and static comic book art is how the fuck do we know if Batman isn't just hanging in there or punching a low-level mook between panels?

But user is right. Superman only show his bravery when fighting villains of his class or above, or when doing something risky that could potently cost people's lives if he fails.

It's actually Justice League that is shit.

It's obvious you idiots watch cartoons and don't read comics

In the DCAU cartoons Batman would disappear for most of the episodes and only show up by the end with the save.

I actually don't feel so averse to the idea that a human superhero tends to be capable of "superhuman" feats, as long as it is dependent on how they've pushed themselves to such extremes, or maybe they have tech/armor that prevents serious damage to them.

My problem with Batman isn't that he can almost transcend possibly human feats, my problem is that he never really makes mistakes anymore. If you're going to make the guy quasi-superpowered, at least accentuate his flaws and bad judgment outside of being a bad mentor or role model. Maybe he uses performance-enhancing drugs? Maybe he has an actual psychosis and needs medication every now and then? I doubt Batman fans would like those kinds of ideas, though, since they're too accustomed to the guy being who he is already.

For example, Ted Kord's a fun hero, but he's not too serious. You don't expect him to handle every major threat, but you know his flaw is that he's not strong, not that he is fun and interesting. The balance is opposite Batman, only Batman doesn't really have noticeable flaws since he's usually perfect in any fight.

this

even if we're generous and say most of the pre-Flashpoint, pre-Rebirth stuff didn't actually happen unless it's since been shown to have happened or explicitly referenced - nah, he'd be dead many times over

but we're talking about a guy who gets around by swinging on grappling hooks without tearing his arms off, so clearly it's all just bullshit

>have a plan to take down the entire Justice League if they go rogue
>fails

>>walks it off like its nothing

Is that so?

You don't expect modern Sup Forums to read comics now,do you?

>pure raw mental power
But that's not how brains work, user

I know it would never happen, but I think it would be best if they split up the Justice League a bit.

Put big hitters like Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, MM, and the Lanterns as a sort of "galactic" level league. Get the mortals out of the way and let the gods play.

Put Batman, Zatana, Constantine, Raven, Etrigan in Justice League Dark, and have them deal with weird occult stuff. I suggest moving Bats here because I think it plays to his strengths. Magic behaves however the author establishes that it works, and even the most powerful demons or sorcerers can be outwitted or beaten with clever application of the established rules. Also, Batman has frequently teetered on the edge of the occult, and having stories that can play on expectations or blur the line between classic noir detective work and the supernatural work well with him. It could also bring the Batman bump to some obscure characters.

Ghost of his dead parents protect him

>Justice league dark
Kill yourself

This
Having a non powered person on a superhero team is an old trope. But capefags want muh realism.

He's supposed to be peak possible human potential, so basically Captain America level.
There's still a lot of stuff basic humans can do that you would find surprising, and all without needing to depend upon a superpower gimmick.

Captain America isn't peak human, he's on supersteroids.

He's still not a superhuman. He's basically Deathstroke tier.

so oracle

Super simply means above, peak is the top, if he's above peak he's superhuman, and you need to stop jacking off to Bats,

Not when you have a word for that. Slade and Cap are both enhanced human.
>Jacking off to bats
It translates to how dare you correct me? It means you're jacking off to bats.

keep dreaming, Mouseketeer

Cap's "super soldier serum" was canonically only meant to give him the best physical health humanly possible, it was the comic-book cure for being "4F". That's all.
The comic examples of him having abilities that no mortal man could ever have are just writers fucking up.
Deathstroke, Batman, Daredevil, and a whole bunch of ninja characters all train hard to reach that same Bruce Lee level of ability the natural way.

I propose that super-strength does actually not exist in-capeverses.

What they actually do is transfer momentum from the momentum-dimension to whatever they're punching or trying to lift, so they can rend appart walls, lift huge objects and send people flying very far, but their punches themselves are actually weak as heck. Their strength is an illusion created by object actually flying off into whichever direction they're pushing.

The only person with actual super-strength is Cyclops, because he's the one who got access to the punch- rather than to the momentum-dimension.

Now why did you have to go and say that?
You know all the Batfags-er... Batfans will never forgive any trannyclops meme on their turf.

Maybe because capes are not real and were meant for kids?
It depends upon the execution, Morrison and Giffen pulled off street level heroes like Batman, Green Arrow, Black Canary and Blue Beetle being a part of the JL perfectly, while hacks like Kelly, Waid, Meltzer and Johns couldn't.

Fuck off, Eddie; your riddles suck dick.

he's an avatar of Orion, is favored by the spirit of gotham, and has in-universe meme magic on his side.

we've been over this,

I always love it when they incorporate the symbol into the cowl/cape like that.

>the justice league is compromised
>its up to the "weakest" member of the group to save the day
>again

How else can they write him doing anything useful?

Batman and his entire mythos need to be separated into their own universe, no League, no aliens, no Superman, just the Batfamily an his rogues. This makes his villains actually matter, because it strains belief to the point of breaking that a clown, no matter how brilliant, creative and unpredictable, can be a threat to a man that has fought gods and survived. Why does Two-Face matter when Mongul exists? Why is Mr Freeze such a big deal in the same world as Captain Cold? How is Bane's strength so formidable when Darkseid is out there? It just doesn't make sense. No one should care about Batman's villains, rounding them all up and locking them away should be the work of an afternoon to the League.

thats my favorite trope tee bee aych

>Batman and his entire mythos need to be separated into their own universe

That already is the case. Has always been the case. Crossovers usually create new villians so that the people can punch somebody completely unrelated to their respective pocket universes.

Not even close. Batman shouldn't be in the League.

Are you forgetting the time Superman rekt his shit because he was being mind controlled by Max Lord? He literally almost killed him

but user, that's batman schtick, being the perfect human in all regards and aspects. now we're talking about the mature batman, the one that has been active for about 10 years plus whatever training he did since his teenage years, of course he's wise enough to not make mistakes. read up on year one stories like batman year one, the long halloween, dark victory snyder's year zeroor batman earth one.

btw about batman earth one, i hate how Sup Forums complains about batman being a mary sue and about muh prep time, but then shit on batman earth one for portraying an inexperienced bruce that makes mistakes all the time

>not muh perfect batman
>but muh batman is an annoying gary stu

Bulge isn't big enoug.

Don't bring real life logic into comics.

Kill yourself, casual.
World's finest>Batfamily, Steel, Kon and other shitty OCs they've added over the years.

Marysue man.

If only you could give an example image instead of some joke fanart and talking out your ass.

I dunno mang, I met some heavy batfags that only like him because he's so perfect.

so all the fucking time

>"Superman isnt brave because he has godlike powers to save him all the time."
>weaknesses include kryptonite radiation, red sunlight, magic, and pretty much just overwhelming brute force
>consistently goes up against threats that use any and all of those things

Try again, user

>but user, that's batman schtick, being the perfect human in all regards and aspects.
Well, then Batman just sucks.

>that Serbian pedo and his poser attacking real comics
Tsk tsk.

In my headcanon he has even better reality bending powers than Franklyn Richards, that's why he can outreact and outran Flash, that's why he can survive being punched by angry gods, that's why he can pressure point people who just shrugged two nukes off in the previous scene, that's why he can redirect super heated plasma beams with a toilet mirror like it was light, etc

I try to like batman but there are some variations of him that make it so hard. I hate the adaptions that embrace the whole "I'm the god damn batman" routine. I want a hero that has struggles and there are only a few adaptions of batman that do this.

He is? I always thought he was just a good strategist. Does he make all his gadgets and shit?

He uses ukemi and I've never seen him get REALLY hit.

This. The League has an investigative reporter, a forensic scientist, a private detective and a cop from space, all with powers that would enhance their capabilities in such fields, I think that has the whole "detecting" business covered.

They lack a tactician.

Superman usually cover human interest stories or big events, Barry always needed Elastic Man to investigate things for him, Martian Manhunter as a detective is too dependent on his powers, the Green Lanterns are more soldiers and ambassadors than cops.

>Batman represents the indomitable human spirit
>Sup Forums man babies are unable to appreciate the pottery and symbolism of how he hangs with gods despite being "just a man" and instead bitch about "muh power levels"

Guess Batman is just too deep for you kiddos.

I guess it is, Mr. Snyder, I guess it is.

Tell that to dc

No you dweeb, deathstroke has superpowers

Factually wrong. The serum enhances him to the maximum of human potential, which as far ad we know could be higher than what humans normally achieve.
It also enhances him mentally as per his fucking origin which you should reread, faggot.

Heh maybe someday you'll grow up... Nothing personnel

>Batman and his entire mythos need to be separated into their own universe
Same goes with the Green Lanterns really. I think it sucks that half the stories play on Earth, half of the important Lanterns are human and every one of those is the respective chosen one for at least one or two other corps. Add all of this in an universe where Darkside is terrorising everything and I just can't really like it anymore.
Give me alien space cops in space doing space police work.

>all these crime-scene solving occupations
>Justice League spends their time punching random space assholes instead

What a waste of their talents.

>kekblazer

I dunno. They probably spent their time better preventing amageddon then search for the local drug dealer

Flash can speed up his neural processes which in turn would make him smarter because your intelligence is the rate at which you can process information in your brain thats why smart people can come up with solutions quickly while idiots take forever.

>He's supposed to be peak possible human potential
Thats bullshit only Captain America or genetically modified humans can be Peak Human.

>maximum of human potential
Which is exactly what comic book peak human means.