Oh Christ, no

Oh Christ, no.

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/01/12/archie-comics-dumps-sonic-hedgehog-riverdale-free-comic-book-day/
youtube.com/watch?v=UyNnSbmn8OI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bleedingcool.com/2017/01/12/archie-comics-dumps-sonic-hedgehog-riverdale-free-comic-book-day/

Guys.

I think it's really happening this time.

THE ARCHIE SONIC COMIC IS FUCKING DEAD SO I'M GOING TO KEEP BUMPING THIS SHIT UNTIL SOMEONE CARES

Oh no.
How sad.
What a great loss of literature.
Poor Sonic.
This is my sarcastic voice.
Who the fuck still cares about Sonic?

christina chan

What if Archie ends up caring so little Penders ends up scraping together the money to buy the Sonic comic license?

yay! more money for afterlife with archie!

>Oh Christ, no.

This sucks, man. The one comic I consistently enjoyed, uncorrupted by politics. I love the Sonic comic, man. I don't want it to die.

I'll hold my fear for when someone other than the Chris Chan Prototype confirms such allegations.

Good. Somebody more competent may pick this up. Hopefully the whole Archie continuity is forgotten when they do since it's pure garbage

Granted Sega doesn't care about Sonic like they used to, but I don't think they're gonna sell to the guy who still wants to sue them.

I can confirm they are currently holding a sale. This isn't actually unusual, especially after Christmas.

>Ken Penders fucked over Ben Hurst
>Ken Penders fucked over Archie

Can someone please kill this man?

>Ken Penders
Thread discarded.

>This is my sarcastic voice.
This probably sounded really cute and witty in your head.

Your fucking kidding me

See

Archie's site always has sales. Big sales. Going out of business, 75% off of everything, here have some free comics sales.

Been that way for over a decade.

Archie also took Sonic off their subscription services and switched Sonic out with Riverdale for Free Comic Book Day.

It's not smoking gun, but it's not looking good.

>switching a reprint for FCBD to an advert for their potential TV show
Not surprising at all

>subscription service is bugged up
Maybe they took it down because they've had no end of trouble actually delivering their subscriptions.

>This sucks, man. The one comic I consistently enjoyed, uncorrupted by politics.
>Ian goes out of his way to avoid bringing politics into the Sonic comic
>This happens
Then again, this would be the 3rd time he's cockblocked from delivering upon shit
>Pre-reboot Sonic forced to reboot
>Mega MAn put on indefinite hiatus
>Post reboot possibly cancelled
This is some Weisman tier fuckery

There was a rumor not long ago (late December) about the books ending before all this recent shit started.

Finally that bad fan fiction can be forgotten.

You say that, yet it's literally been the only thing Sonic related that actually gives a shit about the fucking game characters not named Sonic Tails and Eggman.
Frankly it seems like the comic cares more about the characters than Sega does

>lawsuit causes the Sonic books to reboot, erasing 20+ years of continuity and characters
>an unnecessary and not so well received second crossover shortly after the reboot interrupts the story
>both Sonic Boom and Mega Man books end/go on "hiatus"
>SWC arc/status quo is sped up due to fans getting tired of it
>unexpected and still unexplained 3 month hiatus
>direct sales drop and still continue to drop to the lowest it has been in a long time following hiatus
>another lawsuit pops up from another former writer, this time suing both Archie and SEGA

It's been rough for Archie with Sonic lately.

What was the second lawsuit again? I remember Penders was basically acting as the devil acting on their shoulder.

Scott Fulop. Former writer and editor, made a few characters most notably Mammoth Mogul.

I believe he's suing because of reprints and digital reprints with """his""" material.

Don't they know how working for a licensed property works?

And Mammoth Mogul is just Vandal Savage as a mammoth.

Ideally he won't be as autistic about it as Ken was/is/will be.

good. maybe this autism will die out.

Wait, people still care about Sonic comics?

I just want Mega Man back

This contained the autism!

About as much as people still care about homestuck/ponies.

Ken seemingly got away with it, so I imagine he thinks he will too.

If them being friends is true, I bet he will allow Penders to use """""his""""" characters in that LSC that will never come out.

>Implying the comics are the only source of Sonic based autism

Whatever man. Archie ain't using them. And it'll be funny when Penders decided to claim ownership of them too and causes even more people to hate him.

The rest needs to die too. Sonic was never fucking good. Have you seen the fans?

Eh, whatever floats their boat.

Nah, their autism needs to die. Seriously, have you ever seen CWC's shit?

Please God no. The comics are the only Sonic thing that still has effort and care put into it. Hell, it even had the best version of Eggman, someone who could balance being a hammy goofball to a terrifying, genocidal tyrant the next. Why?

And people try to tell me that this board is Sup Forumsmblr.

>Sonic = the source of autism
oh shut up.

Says you as you reply to this post

>Penders thinks this will get people to read his fan fiction.

HA HA HA HA!

Anyone that isn't Robotnik, Sonic or Tails (maybe Knuckles) literally are a shit and don't matter. Sega is right to ignore them now.

People who say they're Sonic fans and aren't the autistic DA crowd really mean that they're Eggman fans, always the only worthwhile component in anything Sonic, but usually worth putting up with the rest.

Are there trades or collections of the "good" issues?

I used to read this as a kid and stopped around 60 or so?

How is that in any way related to what he said? Are you okay? Do you have brain damage?

The Sonic Legacy trades are pretty much the best we got. Economically priced black-and-white trades that collected about 18 issues apiece.

The only released three volumes, which went just past issue #50. Archie's Sonic reprints, much like the comic itself, are pretty much a confusing series of fuckups.

How long have you got?

retard with autism detected.

>unexpected and still unexplained 3 month hiatus
They literally couldn't afford to print the comics.
Archie's on the edge of going out of business.

>we might not even get the third part of Mega Drive

>Didio buys the rights

user...no regular functioning human being should have this much rage for a fictional character

you might have the autism yourself

>Don't they know how working for a licensed property works?

That only holds up if there's a contract, and not a copy either, with the guy's signature on it. Back in the day Archie had a fire and all the contracts they had went up in smoke, in their infinite wisdom the only contract they bothered to remake and have the guy resign was with the creator of Sabrina the Teenaged Witch so they would still have the rights to that character.

It's stupid as hell but I can kind of understand their reasoning I guess. Would you believe someone would sue you and cause all that trouble over Knuckles in a bath robe, Knuckles wearing Gordie La Forge's visor, Knuckles with hair, Knuckles wearing a hat, Knuckles with a gun, Pink Knuckles, and Red Sonic?

Better than anything the big two is putting out.

I've got pretty broad tastes in a lot of stuff - but apart from literally the first two Sonic games (which were okay I guess) I have no idea why this franchise is still alive - let alone the size and scale of the fandom surrounding it.

What is it about this spiky blue fuck and his menagerie of retard rodents that people like so much?

>Sonic fan
>actually got tested and do not fall anywhere on the spectrum
>don't care for Eggman

So what the fuck am I?

Who do you think is going to get Archie's superheroes

DON'T FUCKING SAY THAT

Seeing that he's come up with on his own. I'd day they dodged a fucking bullet.

How about if this does fade and the deal ceases then we actually just get a Sonic Boom book done by IDW

No one.

They've got a massive stock of Golden Age Superheroes. Could be something to see those revived.

He's cooler than Mario since he has attitude and he runs faster

Then there's the lore and shit for the cartoon and Archie versions specifically

Then furfags

>by IDW

Why do people assume that if Archie goes under or loses the license that IDW will pick it up? If anything Sega would never sell it out to anyone and if we ever do get another Sonic comic it'd be made in house with Pontac and Graff.

DC will buy them

Hey now Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic 3 were good 2D games as well

The Sonic Adventure games have their moments as well

>The Flash vs Sonic the Hedgehog in pic related

>Archie's on the edge of going out of business.

Is this why they agreed to CW's Riverdale? That desperate for money?

Archie does something with them every few of years, pic related was their latest experiment as far as I know

>good. maybe this autism will die out.
Im-fucking-plying IDW isn't out there RIGHT NOW wringing their graspy little claws in eager anticipation...

Yea they've talked about having an imprint for those for a while. Shame management is such a shitshow.

Are Archie that incompetent to take down this idiot?

first three genesis games are good, most of the late 90's - late 00's stuff is mediocre to shit with some decent portable games made around the same time while Colors and Generations are pretty good. Then Boom came around and sucked ass so the series is back to square one. The whole "all sonic games are terrible" meme is more of a generalization, in reality it's all over the place in quality.

Couldn't tell you on the comics because I might be an autist but i'm not THAT big of an autist.

>If anything Sega would never sell it out to anyone and if we ever do get another Sonic comic it'd be made in house
Yeah sure.
And maybe Sega and Nintendo will make a joint publishing house for the sole purpose of pumping out Sonic and Mario comics.

What I'm saying is if Archie goes under, loses the license, whatever the most likely outcome is that'll be the end of Sonic comics for good. The best you could hope for is a little ten page baldy mcnosehair book every once in a while that ends with "WANT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? BUY [NEWEST SONIC GAME] TO FIND OUT!"

Whatever happened to to their Black Circle stuff?

Turns out books about "What girl will the ginger get with? Buy the book for the next eternity to find out!" sell more.

You're right, that post sounded more reddit than Sup Forumsmblr.

Sega just knows how to market the shit out of Sonic. He was super popular in the 90s, had a lot of games widely released in the 2000s (even if some of them are shit, but they sold well) and now today you have a legion of autists, furfags, and nostalgic normies who compile the Sonic fanbase.

What do you mean? Take down Ken Penders?

Then yes, they are that incompetent. Archie lost paperwork alleging that the "original the character echidnas" created by Penders was their property and not Penders. Archie then retconned all of the echidnas from the comic (except for Knuckles and Tikal since they're Sega's property) and basically ignore that lore.

Poor Ian Flynn. First Mega Man, now this. Dude needs to work on his own webcomic to have a story that's his own.

Seriously, though. Is Archie going to now entirely run on their same fucking Riverde series? Because the Waid reboot is nothing special, the "classic" comics still being released do nothing, and books like Afterlife and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina NEVER update.

>IDW sonic ongoing

I'm still waiting for X Factor, Legends of the Blue Bomber and Ultimate Betrayal.

I'm still waiting for the Babylon Rising and Scrambled TPs.

I'm still waiting for them to get Sonic Saga to the 200th number, the earliest part of the comic I'm interested in.

Trade Paperbacks are the only way I have to read this and I'll probably have to download them or something.

Fuck.

>IDW
>ongoing
kek

still better option than archie

So wait if Sega did win the suit, could we see mogul or a mogul type character return?

I hope Ken's shitty fanfiction comic dies as well

Well I hope it gets a nice sendoff, at least. It's been declining in quality for a long time. It's a shame that they wasted so much time after the soft reboot doing a retread of a shitty, 8-year-old game plot. The best Sonic Books in the past few years have been the Mega Drive spinoff.

It's the only comic book series I've been reading for my whole life, I've got every issue from #0, for better or for worse. Still love the good ol' days of Manak and Gallagher.

It has to live before it can die user.

will he ever released it that shit?

If it happens, I'm sad to lose Bunnie, she's the only female character that actually has a plot, personality and na amaxing character design.

Fuck off Blaze is awesome

>IDW
>ongoing
What do you mean by this?

>Complaining about comics you don't read.
Some things never change.

He claimed millions in damages.
He's going to milk them for every red cent, whereas Ken was just trying to get copyrights.

they will make in the beginning lot of mini series then random crossovers then mini series spin-off then a bit longer mini series and then maybe just maybe a comic with more than 30 issues

>Who the fuck still cares about Sonic?

youtube.com/watch?v=UyNnSbmn8OI

Arin pls

> Ken Penders

It'll mostly come down to whether or not digital reprints with his stuff count. Majority of all the physical reprints fall out due to the statute of limitations