I don't think I understand why Batty killed JF Sebastian. From the general understanding of the rebelling replicants...

I don't think I understand why Batty killed JF Sebastian. From the general understanding of the rebelling replicants, they weren't really out to hurt anyone unless they were an obstacle to freedom. Sebastian seemed pretty pure and kind to them, so why the hell would they want to kill this poor, crippled ass 25 year old? Has always bummed me out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N6deiHpQzi4?t=1m41s).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Combat high

So like, general meathead soldier PTSD shit?

Because replicants aren't human. They are soulless psychopaths at core.

Pretty much, I mean he just got told by his creator there is no way to extend his life and cracked his head like an eggshell, plus he and Pris felt a kinship with him because he was aging rapidly too, so maybe give him a quick release as well.

did roy really kill him?

Yes, they say they found two bodies in Tyrell's penthouse

but why would he do this? sebastian never did anything

I think it was pretty consistent with the rest of the characterization of the replicants. There was no real reason for Batty to kill Chew (they found out he was there regardless, according to descriptions of the cut scene with frozen Chew), but it happened. The replicants, while treated sympathetically because of the basic "humanity" of their motivation, are extremely violent throughout. I've always seen JF's death (and Tyrell's death) as a sort of mental death-throe from Batty, which fits in with the escalating violence of the movie. If you haven't seen it, there's a scene (I'm not sure if it's in the Final Cut, I think it's either a blu-ray deleted scene or in the Workprint) immediately after the execution of Tyrell/JF where Batty talks to the elevator's PA (youtu.be/N6deiHpQzi4?t=1m41s). If that's anything to go by, he's definitely in full PTSD/child mode. That sort of child-like brutality/innocence seems pretty consistent with the rest of the replicant violence, including JF's death.

Yeah that scene didn't actually get into any cut of the film

Batty and his crew are sociopathic animals only fit to be put down.

I don't get it either. It bothers me.

So Deckard is enacting some sort of final solution?

Shit, looking it up and I guess you're right. I don't know why I thought it did.

A friend of mine once told me I reminded him of JF Sebastian. Because I look a lot older than my age, and we've kind of got similar facial structures. I don't think he meant for it to sound so mean.

He's a genetic designer. Isn't he the one responsible for the four-year lifespan?

It made me lose all sympathy for Roy, honestly. It sort of cheapens the whole message of the movie and Roy's final speech when you remember him killing innocent people for no particular reason. It's hard to see the humanity in someone if they're a murderous psycho.

Probably because it should have - no idea why it didn't.

why was lou reed in blade runner

Roy might have had a reasonable request but the guy was still a psychopath

Not to mention they killed 20 fucking people and the crew of a shuttle just to get to Earth

It really doesn't. He realized that his dreams aren't going to come true and that he'll die soon, him going on a rampage is in character. He didn't have to kill Tyrell either, but did so out of rage. It's through Deckard where he finds meaning and redemption.

Even if he were the designer for that specific feature, it wasn't his executive decision to implement it.
Makes me sad that he bought the farm.

he was trying to launch a satellite of love

I think it was necessary for the sort of emotions the end was designed to evoke. Roy's entire screen time up to the final speech is bloodstained, but at the end of his life he rejects violence and affirms life (saving Deckard—this is expounded upon in the original narration). Likewise, Deckard rejects his role to try and save Rachel. Both characters are designed as sort of epiphany-driven, ending their characters arcs with a reversal of motivation (Roy saving himself turns into saving his enemy, Deckard's hunting the inhuman turns to falling in love with it).

That's a really good point. Even before the replicants begin their quest for life, they've engaged in a murder spree. Kind of hard to remember, considering how sympathetically they're portrayed in the movie (for better or for worse, the slave revolt analogy is clear).

blade runner is such a bad movie that looks neat
harrison fords character as a detective is borderline retarded and never exhibits any worthwhile qualities
the plot is not fleshed out well to become anything powerful and its pretty simpleton
but it looks nice and has cool music, so people say its this masterpiece

lmao epic post my friend, do you browse reddit too?

For what the authority knew, there are 4 psychos on loose, and they already killed.
What to do?

>finally accept the fact that you will not be able to overcome your inevitable mortality
>nothing to live for, no fucks left to give
>if youre going to die an unfair, untimely death, so is everyone else around you
>see: 99% of all mass shootings ever

This, we're meant to root for Deckard throughout the film and therefor see the replicants as villains, its only at the end that we're supposed to feel sympathy for them

maybe cause sebastian played a part in their creation

I've been told that you've been bold
With Leon, Zhora and Pris
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday to Thursday
With Leon, Zhora and Pris

Because Tannhauser Gate is actually Hell

kek

I am amazed how many people forget this

press f to pay respect

It could be, too, that Pris needed to die for Roy "get" it completely?
He lasted more than the other three, but SURVIVED the other three too... perhaps that "triggered" his conscience?

BECAUSE THE SCRIPT IS FUCKING GARBAGE

I guess you could say roy was a little.... batty?
;)

Moon > Blade Runner
Sam Bell > Roy Batty