Why did K have the memories of Deckard's daughter? Was it only a coincidence?

Why did K have the memories of Deckard's daughter? Was it only a coincidence?

She put them on him while making memories as a "signature"

Yes, it is only through his occupation as a blade runner that he came so close to the belief that he might be the hybrid.

I think it was ony this one specific memory they shared. maybe she put it in all replicants she worked on, remeber the replicant prostitute? she was also shocked when she saw the wooden horse in K's nightstand. maybe she had the same memory as well.
as for the reason, maybe it was subconscious, maybe she thought that the memory was giving replicants the strenght they needed

Real answer? To create a mystery set up or the sequel. Not that I have a problem with that. But the leader of the rebellion saying "that's only part of the puzzle" very clearly winks at the audience anticipating part 3. My gut tells me the sequel starts with K waking up and alive and being interrogated off-world by Wallace and/or some new bitch replicant. Dollars to donuts act one consist entirely of him trying to figure out how he survived, then trying to figure out how to escape, on some cool looking, piece of shit outer space guantanamo bay.

>She put them on him while making memories as a "signature"
incorrect

the movie bombed. there won't be a sequel, the only possible scenario is what happened now, movie made in 30 years after previous one becomes a cult classic

Anyone would be shocked at a wooden horse, since trees don't exist anymore

Doc Badger commented on the horse being real wood, i.e. any wood you see is probably fake.

Mariette would be suprised that he had the horse, not the material it's made of.

but didn't she immediately looked for numbers at the bottom?

Possibly, I don't remember

She picks up the horse and says "It's from a tree!" which is a throwback to her and K's talk about the tree in the photos. She just likes trees.

no she didn't

Of course it was a coincidence, that's the entire point of the movie. Only happenstance and your own choices puts people where they are in life, and one of those things is something you can change yourself

I thought the point was that she put the memory in literally every replicant she had "designed" memories for, that's why the elderly Resistance lady said "You thought you were the one? So did/do we all. That's why we believe"

Honestly the plot was pretty awful. Deckard's daughter was a great scene and she was fantastic, but the focus of the mystery shifting completely to it was so boring. Luv and Wallace and even the whole plot involving preggo replicants was so poorly implemented and unengaging. The whole film feels like a setup for a war, like some Deus Ex reboot plot shit. Barely any focus on a Dick's themes.
At least K had a better arc than Deckard's, but letting Fancher return and Michael Hackman Green even have a career was a fucking mistake.

>Barely any focus on a Dick's themes.
K's entire arc is a focus on Dick's themes, but ok. Stop focusing on the surface level and look at the subtext.

Also post another piece of tumblr fanart and I will punch you in the throat

Right, and K was great, until Deckard came and ruined the movie.
Just like Arrival; film turns to shit an hour in, or in 2049's bloated length, an hour and a half.

K didn't even get to end well. He just ends up sacrificing himself in a goofy battle with some cunt, and dying in an emotionally forced parody of Batty's death, in some vague effort to reunite Rick "No Character" Deckard and his literally who daughter.
Great, K is a great representation of "What does it mean to be fake?", and he goes out in the dumbest possible manner, ruining his arc.
>The best memories were hers
Great line. Not sure what it means since we never see any. Did K think of Deckard as his dad? Might have tried showing some actual fucking memories of him and Rachel, Dennis.

thats either bait or you're a literal brainlet that missed the point of every single thing you wrote about

No. She says "It's from a dream."

Must have.

Did you not pay attention at all?

>I taught them how to cover their tracks

>sequel to a box office bomb

Ahahaha good one. Just enjoy this one for what it is, you won't see a sequel for a long time. Much more likely a reboot will happen first

>barely any focus on Dicks themes

Nigger what? This movie is way more thematically closer to DADOES than the original

>Did K think of Deckard as his dad? Might have tried showing some actual fucking memories of him and Rachel, Dennis.
What are you even talking about?

2049 is not about mystery, or being fake or alive or whatever you're saying, it's about individualism. The whole film K is strung along by orders from the police, by Wallace Corp antagonism, by the secret rebellion, by his fake wife designed to placate him, by the fantasy that fate exists and you have a set place in the universe. In the end he just makes his own decision and throws away his life (and maybe that of the girl and Deckard but thats his mistake to make, the most human part about it) to do what he thinks is the right action. He becomes that a special snowflake through his effect on the other snowflakes. It's right there in the ending

The film isn't very deep or even that great, it's just a good simple little character arc.

Wrong. In the Italian version they translated as tree.

I thought the prostitute was real.

Didn't she say "not interested in real girls?" when they met at that cafe/outside for the first time?

She says tree

I mean she's real compared to a hologram

It's just to show replicants racism towards AIs.

K was a replicant who was at the right place at the right time to uncover the secret behind this memory. He's a blade runner for pete's sake, not every replicant has the information on stuff like this than he does. I'm also sure that he doesnt talk about his memories with other replicants since they all know that their memories are just fuckery to make them feel human. A bunch of other replicants have probably the exact same and other implanted memories from Ana (she herself said that real memories have a distinct characteristic to them which is probably why she tries to imitate as close as possible her own memories). K was just lucky (or unlucky, call it what you will) to uncover the exact truth about his identity

#
>she herself said that real memories have a distinct characteristic to them
That line takes on a whole new meaning when you realize it's HER memory.

#
I took away from it that she MAY have put it there to lead her father to her so that she could finally meet him, since she is trapped in her bubble. Kind of like how Wallace suggests to Deckard that maybe all of the things he did were things he was designed to do all along.

oh dear I thought all the brainlets were on reddit

Yes it was a coincidence. As soon as you starting thinking everything was some grand plan conspiracy that puts the joker to shame the movie loses most of it's vaue and meaning.
you people are fucking dumb
the movie wasn't setting up a sequel. "A piece of the puzzle" was a convinient way to tell you they did a lot of shit to hide and fake her identity, hence there was a boy with the same DNA as a girl

> So did/do we all. That's why we believe"
This also never happened. She said we all WISH it was us. Honestly autists are ruining this movie for me

To be fair, there was some talk of possible sequels a year or two ago, but it was all contingent on this one being successful, which it sadly hasn't been (at least financially).

But yeah, I don't think there's any overt sequel hooks here.

went to see it yesterday, were 2 other people at the screening. This is why we only get capeshit and shitty remakes/reboots, plebs will pay to see trash but not kino. Fuck this gay earth