The Fire Nation completely genocided the airbenders and sky bison somehow

>The Fire Nation completely genocided the airbenders and sky bison somehow
>not just drove them into hiding, they're all dead
>After ATLA Aang happened to find some sky bison who were hiding, but no airbenders for some reason. Because it's a lot easier to hunt down some random people who can fly anywhere in the world and are well traveled enough to settle down anywhere but giant furry six legged beasts are masters at hiding.
>Oh well the airbenders are just going to have to make a slow comeback from their almost complete genocide, I'm sure Bryke will handle this with care
>Magic bullshit happens and a bunch of random people get airbending and decide to become Air Nomads, wow good thing the Air Nomads weren't a unique ethnic group or anything, then their genocide would actually mean something. Maybe that's something we can learn from LoK, anytime a genocide happens all you have to do is get a bunch of different races from all over the world and teach them how to pretend to act like whichever group got killed and it will be like it never happened.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Arfpvkafpag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The fire nation would have much more motivation to kill air benders over bison.

>anytime a genocide happens all you have to do is get a bunch of different races from all over the world and teach them how to pretend to act like whichever group got killed and it will be like it never happened.
Welcome to the founding principle of white genocide, user.

Nigger, one of the comics explained how the airbenders were lured and killed

>I'm sure Bryke will handle this with care

>Bryke didn't handle it by having Jinora and Ikki becoming breeding sows to rapidly repopulate in the later seasons

Really dropped the ball there. Would have really helped draw new members to the air acolytes.

Really? How'd it happen? I always just assumed that the air nomads were dumb hippies that just let themselves get slaughtered.

The surviving Airbenders could've gone to Ba Sing Se or Omashu or the Northern Water Tribe and they've would've been safe for a hundred years. Even if the Firebenders teleported into every Air Temple and every Airbender was in them they still wouldn't have been able to stop every single Airbender from escaping and after they escape no amount of "motivation" would help the Fire Nation kill a Airbender in unconquered territory.

For the time period it's pretty common for a family to have ten kids or more. Tenzin should've had a lot more airbending brothers and sisters and there should've been dozens of airbending grandkids by the time of Korra.

>air nomads were dumb hippies that just let themselves get slaughtered
Doesn't Aang find his old teacher's body in a room full of fire nation soldier corpses?

whoa

Every group has its outliers.

>good thing the Air Nomads weren't a unique ethnic group or anything
Why the duck does this trigger you?
Air benders weren't killed because of their ethnic group because of their airbending power, since the Avatar might be one of them.
>anytime a genocide happens all you have to do is get a bunch of different races from all over the world and teach them how to pretend to act like whichever group got killed and it will be like it never happened.
The world was prefectly in harmony before the Fire Nation attack, so obviously they try to get status quo back.

>The surviving Airbenders could've gone to Ba Sing Se or Omashu or the Northern Water Tribe and they've would've been safe for a hundred years

Unless The Earth Kingdom and NWT denied them asylum in order to avoid the Fire Nation's military attention too soon. 'Let the hotmen deal with the cloud-people long enough for us to prepare to fight' kind of thing.

Either Aang and Katara had more kids that we don't know about that were subject to shit mortality rates of the period, or the one of them just didn't put out enough.

>Magic bullshit happens and a bunch of random people get airbending

Spirit world shit was explained in the first series. It's sad you didn't pick that up

Why is Tenzin a white skin airbender while his siblings are non-airbenders and look mixed? Is he really Katara's son?

Because he took after Aang's more chinkish genes while Bumi and Kya took after Katara's more Inuit genes.

1- it is said the FN laid very efficient traps to attract the air nomads
2- the name of the show is 'the LAST airbender'
3- even if one or two Airbenders somehow survive, it is unlikely more would appear after so many years of mixing with earth nation.

I still like that postseries fan-idea of Ty Lee being a Airbender descendent, which Aang realizes watching her use Airbending stances while fighting.

you try your hardest to find shit to hate dont you

It's not a bad idea. Stands to reason since it's based off of Bagua (I think) it would have the same practicalities in a fight and some people would have picked that up.
Likewise any of the bending forms, plenty of non-benders should be using them whether as a matter of coming from the cultures that employ them or simply seeing them as a nice way to stretch and warm up first thing in the morning. It just stands to reason you don't have to be a bender to be able to adapt their styles into something you can use bare-fisted.

Tinfoil hat too tight

>he thinks the airbenders died overnight
>they were literally hunted down all over the world for decades

They're literately doing that to European civilisations RIGHT NOW.
youtube.com/watch?v=Arfpvkafpag

>try your hardest

You don't have to try very hard with Korra my man. Fun show to MST3K.

actually while you're correct about airbending being based on Bagua, Ty Lee is one of the few characters in the series whose fighting style isn't based on anything real

tibet = china so having a bunch of earth benders become air benders was appropriate.

Tibetans have unique genetics traits from thousands of years of living on mountains, they have their own languages and their own sect of Buddhism. They're no more Chinese than Polish are Russian.

Don't remind me, it's too painful

Korra's massive breasts.

Pretty cruel. Giving a lone airbender hope to find survivor, and murder him on the spot right after.

imgur.com/a/Wc2If

So what? Mexicans have tons of kids, and blacks are death-prone.

I get where you're coming from, the whole airbender thing was super ham-fisted, it felt very forced. I did like how it was an attempt to restore balance to the world, but i definitely think it was dumb that they all up and decided to go become nomads and leave their entire lives behind.

Ty lee is stated to be from a traditional and rich fire nation family. The idea never made sense to me, even considering how she doesn't have some of the FN features like yellow eyes (the armless waterbending lady also didn't have blue eyes, so it's not really a rule)

Airbenders have to be all dead for plot reasons in order for Aang to be The Last Airbender.

Don't try to find logic in a place where plot is the thing that matters.

Maybe he got busy before he got executed.

Sozin did nothing wrong!!!!

Its not a thing in America because our white population is large, look at european countries like United Caliphate where muslim kids already outnumber white kids.

Whites have lost >20% of their population in around 2 generations. Since 1965 the US has imported more than a million third-worlders per year while limiting immigration from Europe. In another 50 years the US will be modern Brazil.

*population share, I mean

This desu.

>force of pure cosmic evil is eradicated from the body of a Dark Avatar
>Avatar touches the literal heavens as the planets align for the first time in ten thousand years
>spiritual energy flows through not one but two open spirit portals
>some manchild on Sup Forums expects to be taken seriously on genocide as a theme

I like this idea too.

Honestly I prefer airbenders magically coming back over Aang's descendants living cruddy lives because they're responsible for reviving an extinct race of people.

"The following information is not considered canon"

I don't even know what you really mean, but you do realize all your statements are flawed, or basically headcanon, right?

Fertility issues, infant mortality?

Once they realized their first kid, the kid of the Avatar and one of the world's strongest waterbenders, was a non-bender Aang and Katara realized this whole 'make more airbenders' thing was going to be a serious uphill climb.

Its understandable that a beast with flight would be much harder to track down and exterminate, they can literally go anywhere for miles and miles.

Airbenders could not fly like that, not even Aang could fly, plus they were not a warrior race nor did they have real fighters.

What makes me REEE is the whole retarded as fuck 'woah I just got airbending' meme. Stupidest shit in the series ever.

they're not
faggot

>but you do realize all your statements are flawed
It's one the few times the show showed something instead of telling. What happened though I can't agree with the last statement as I know for a fact that there are no manchildren on the Sup Forums board.

Yeah I would have much preferred there being some Air Nomads who escaped the genocide - which would make a lot more sense than them all being killed - over the retarded bullshit with the opening portal somehow making people airbenders. And Bumi never should have been made an airbender.

bong here. this isn't true on any level at all lol

Then the show couldn't be called "Avatar: The Last Airbender"

Who cares? They thought he was the last airbender at the time. He wasn't the last airbender by Korra so what does it matter if there are surviving Air Nomads, it's much better than randomly making people airbenders because of spirit crap.

>force of pure cosmic evil is eradicated from the body of a Dark Avatar
Vaatu wasn't eradicated, it's still existent and inside Korra.

>Avatar touches the literal heavens
heaven? really?

>spiritual energy flows through not one but two open spirit portals
it is stated to be cosmic energy

>some manchild on Sup Forums expects to be taken seriously on genocide as a theme
he probably has a job and is a fully functioning member of society.

>It's one the few times the show showed something instead of telling
"show, don't tell" only work with non-magical bullshit; like "the FN army attacking". It doesn't work well with "a cosmic energy giving people bending", to the point that even the characters in the show were uncertain as to what caused it.

Can we even use the name of the show to justify that? i mean, if you read Y: the last man on earth you discover that the main character wasn't actually the last man on earth.

>eradicated
poetic license, he turned into smoke
>heaven
poetic license, she's touching the sky
>spiritual energy isn't cosmic energy
retard
>I'm not a manchild
heh

>to the point that even the characters in the show were uncertain as to what caused it.
If they took time to explain it then there wouldn't be time for wacky hilarious fun times and there might be introspection, and it would also require effort.

The survivors could have forgotten their culture and identity so Aang would have still been the last airbender. Then in Korra they would form their own nation with what they have with the new members who choose to do so. Not to replicate and become the old air nomads, but a new nation.

>if you read Y: the last man on earth you discover that the main character wasn't actually the last man on earth.

[citation need] The others could be fuckbois.

>poetic license
some call it headcanon

>spiritual energy is cosmic energy
citation needed

>heh
citation needed

>The others could be fuckbois
That doesn't make them less man.

faggot

>conservatards being this desperate to justify being sociopaths

>I did like how it was an attempt to restore balance to the world, but i definitely think it was dumb that they all up and decided to go become nomads and leave their entire lives behind.

But most people didn't become nomads. In the earliest episodes of season 3 when Tenzin tried to recruit people, most of them just told him to fuck off, and he only succeeded in convincing a handful of people.

where's the one where I stop giving a real shit the second I finish typing the post originally questioned

Just post the superior argument that is smug anime face

weeb

>wanting to maintain you race is sociopathic
Do explain why Africa can remain blacks, China can remain chinese, Mexican can remain mexican but Europe nor America can remain white.

Sure mate bet the media told you dont worry about your demise in 13 years.

>he doesn't like anime

It's because whites don't want to move to those shitholes.

Because Europe and America are for everyone, goy. Also, not everyone in Africa is a nigger, not everyone in China is a han Chinese, Mexico has a decently sized white population and whites are still the majority in America. Maybe if whites had more kids instead of whining about >tfw no gf on a mongolian cartoon forum, they wouldn't be in this pickle.

????
China is 92% Han Chinese, Chen, stop lying.

Not only that, but no one tries to enforce diversity standards on African countries or Asian countries.

It isn't a child rearing problem either; we're full, fuck off. There isn't enough space for these third world shitskins, we have to make room for them and put people out of house and home and work all because of muh egalitarianism. Not only that, but importing millions into low population countries every year is going to outpace the birth rate eventually. They do not belong here in the first place, the easiest solution is the most obvious, kick them out.

Sup Forums being right for once would be the biggest shock of all

>have more kids
user we are importing about 50,000 jungle savages, and muslims every year in America and in Europe. It doesnt matter how many kids you produce you wont outbreed them.

But wouldn't we all be acting like Jews? Muslims might be disliked but they haven't been genocided. Yet.

There is no limit to korras bullshit
But why would the fire nation want to kill a bunch of bison
Also i assume air bending monks would want to protect their ancient temples also fire nations attack came from nowhere

>Because it's a lot easier to hunt down some random people who can fly anywhere in the world and are well traveled enough to settle down anywhere but giant furry six legged beasts are masters at hiding.

They blitzkrieg'd the airbenders. Killed them all in quick surprise attacks.

No point in killing the sky bisons afterwards, they are just animals.

>For the time period it's pretty common for a family to have ten kids or more.

That was because they needed the hands to work on the rice fields, plus high infant mortality rates. This mainly applies only to earth nation anyway, which was based on china. Early Europe also had a lot of children for the same reason (farm hands and plagues).

Fire Nation was early industrialization western society / Japan, a big family was already less common there.

Water nation were eskimos, who had no farms to work on, resources were scarcer there, harder to feed your kids since it all depended on fishing and hunting.

>tfw white people will be gone by 2050

>Europe nor America can remain white
America was never white, even at it's foundation.