So this will be shit

So this will be shit.

Does Sup Forums have any good ideas for Star Wars standalones?

Maybe a film about Exar Kun or set during the Great Sith War

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alden_Ehrenreich#Early_life
youtube.com/watch?v=x_deMfDs9jY
youtube.com/watch?v=ip0h4ojQmB8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Proper heist movie with bounty hunters, Ocean's 11 style, set on Nar Shadaa

I could fuck with that

Darth Bane?

I figure you get Fett, IG-88, the other guys from Empire and maybe even Cad Bane if they can figure out how to not make him look stupid in live action.

I can't get over the shitty title but know they have to do it. They can't do "Episodes" for the standalones obviously but they can't just give it some random name either cause then nobody will fucking notice it's a SW movie so they have to give it dumb "Han Solo: The Movie" titles.

>So this will be shit.
100% shit

A grimy cyberpunk movie set in the underworld of Coruscant.
basically Blade Runner: Star Wars edition

But also just give us new stories and characters.

Star Wars is about the actors who made the roles. Even if whoever plays him does a good rendition of young Han, who gives a fuck?

you can do almost anything within star wars.
literally take your pick, any type of movie.

A series based on Rouge Squadron. Desperately need more war in Star Wars

I agree. Wish they'd just make new characters in the universe instead of rehashing over and over.

Or we could have a movie about all the imperial splinter groups and the ensuing Imperial Civil War that occurred due the power vacuum left after the battle of endor... oh wait

Order 66 movie
Including Vader getting used to fighting in his suit

>Does Sup Forums have any good ideas for Star Wars standalones?

didney fucks off to the sidelines, lets great writers, actors, and directors make solid star wars films without worrying over making each one a 4 gorillion dollar payday

star wars reeks of garbage now

i heard john powell is doing the score which i'm looking forwards too. it'll probably be an awful movie aside from that.

as for the spinoffs, i hope they do a stupidly serious drama with the modal nodes. that'd be funny.

The band members succumbing to addiction and band conflict that stymied their creative genius.

i love it. somebody call kathleen kennedy.

Anything new that doesn't reference a character from a previous film. How about that.

By the sound of it the film has been meddled with far too much during production to be good

>you see, Kathleen, it's a story about love, art, and the pressures of fame

Bankrolled for $200M

> Maybe a film about Exar Kun or set during the Great Sith War
Lol, Disney killed the extended universe. You can forget the kino movie.

House of Cards/West Wing style political drama set in Coruscant building up to the birth of the Empire

There have been some rumors that the "Vader Down" arc of the comics might get adapted into something.

SHEEV: ORIGINS

Almost Famous featuring the cantina band

Just something that concentrates on Star Wars's criminal underworld that gets touched upon throughout the movies but is never the main focus.

Podracing movie in the style of Redline

Bib Fortuna: A Star Wars Story

>7 Samurai with Jedi.
>Any of Leone's Westerns with Bounty Hunters and smugglers.
>A comfy tv show with mostly isolated chapters involving space and planets on star wars with little to no jedi. One could involve space pirates while the other a caravan of slaves in Tatooine, or a group of clone soldiers in a horror flavor chapter with a bunker and shit. The possibilities are endless and it's so easy to make it good that they will never make it happen because they're cunts and just want to ride on the OT forever.

a noir film with dengar, drinking lum, smoking death sticks, doing glitterstim

Crimson Corsair and the Stash of Gunray

You just KNOW it'll have PORGS

Porg spinoff movie, a la Minions

I know this will happen, and i know the same people who shat on Ewoks will eat it up.

Porg and Ewok war movie

Fuck you for even putting this idea into the ether

I'd kill for something new and well made. Rogue One was a good idea executed badly. We need something like Shadows of the Empire, an interesting new story set in a familiar setting that set up new heroes, new villians, made use of existing characters in interesting new ways, and made star wars exciting again.

We already know what is going to happen in a Han Solo prequel movie.

We already know what is going to happen in an Obi Wan Kenobi movie.

We already know what would happen in pre-RotJ Boba Fett movie.

FUCKING DO SOMETHING NEW.

>Hurr Knights of the Old Republic

Is fucking shameful in how bankrupt it is in ideas. It's set 10,000 fucking years in the past but you have droids that look excitly like R2 and 3PO but slightly blockier, the jedi are the exact same, and the empire has star destroying looking ships and tie fighter looking ships. It's all just that TFA coat of paint nonsense in reverse.

>gritty movie set during post-Imperial reconstruction
>Dash Rendar in conflict with Prince Xizor and Black Sun
>"human" trafficking with clone/droid hybrids being bought and used by both Imperial remnants and New Republic
>loads of grime
>are they human?
>Dash/Guri romance

>Hurr Knights of the Old Republic Is fucking shameful in how bankrupt it is in ideas

most of that is from TOR, which i agree is awful. The Sith Empire in that is literally just the Galactic Empire.

Twi'Lek Holographic Waifu.

Fuckin' A.

so are we all just supposed to pretend this queef looks like Harrison Ford?

Yep

LOBOT: A Revenge Story.

Basically John Wick but with Lobot, one if the worst action figures to get saddled with (I somehow go two of those fuckers) in an awesome, bloody action thriller.
He can change costume, but must keep the gay headgear and lemon and grey color-scheme.

Kessle Runner.

A clone wars movie of course, no one saw the shitty ass cartoon

Also a stormtrooper movie.

An Anakin or Vader movie

A totally unrelated movie about a darth something and a jedi.

But whatever the fuck they do, I hope they don't make a videogames movie. Videogames are fucking trash and for manchildren. Specially Kotor

It's sad to see what has happened to Star Wars. George selling out to Disney was huge mistake. He's letting them rape his legacy one product at a time.

Sure it was always a kids flick and it sold shit loads of merchandise, but look at where it's being taken now that those fucking media monopolists at Disney have control now.

It makes me cringe so hard I feel embarrassed for ever liking the first non-raped Star Wars films, even as a kid and that's sad.

Thrawn
>Plays like a political drama mixed with master and commander
>Focuses solely on Thrawn, never from the perspective of the Rebellion, who are mostly unseen save for some raiding ships
>Has to not only defeat the rebels but also win the respect of his inferiors at a time when the Empire is crumbling around them.
I don't give a fuck about the cartoons or book shit, just think a Thrawn movie would be cool but no normies would want to watch it.

If we go normalfag tier then Boba Fett standalone. It's just a simple movie about him trying to get an especially difficult target that has him run in with pirates and gangs and shit, maybe a few cameos from Jabba and Darth Vader (maybe Darth sees him incinerate some guy) plus some stuff about his past during the clone wars and his relationship with Jango. Go for a pg-13 rating and have some especially badass action scenes that'll be purely for fanservice.

Easily a 9/10 on metacritic that will get $800 million globally

The Wire: Star Wars

>Deathsticks on the table.

Mr Popper's Porgs

>tfw thrawn kino will never be made because rebels ruined him

I've never seen a cultural phenomenon series of movies die as quickly as Star Wars did under the mouse.

War movie set between eps III and IV following the 501'st and Vader tracking down a rogue Jedi on a hostile world. Mixed unit of some old clones and some regular stormtroopers, their numbers being gradually whittled down by enemy forces, natural hazards, and ultimately the two Jedi that are in hiding there. Really play up Vader's attachment to his men at the beginning to give him justification in hating rebels and Jedi, but show him becoming disconnected as he loses more and more of them, realizing just how disposable they are.

A romance on how Yoda and Yaddle met

Yoda origin story featuring mace windu

>tfw no nicholas winding refn boba fett kino

A pencil pushing imperial bureaucrat girl falls in love with a twi'lek dancing girl. She goes to the same club every chance she gets on the down low to see her dance. Eventually she tries to make a move on the twi'lek and learns that the owner of the club keeps her fucked up on spice. Bureaucrat girl clandestinely organises a raid on the club to get it shut down. With the help of a friend in the medical industry, bureaucrat girl gets twi'lek girl into a rehabilitation process and uses this as a chance to get to know her better. After a little while bureaucrat girl learns that the club owner actually avoided incarceration as someone lower on the totem pole took the fall. After investigating the club owner in more detail she finds that one of her superiors spent several years stationed in the same system the club owner is from. She returns home from her daily check up on twi'lek dancing girl to find her apartment trashed and starts to panic. Feeling trapped on all sides she makes a desperate move and stalks the club owner before shooting him in the back and killing him. She rushes to get the still vulnerable twi'lek dancing girl and flees with her on a ship to an outer rim planet, unsure of the future or if the twi'lek girl even likes her back the was she likes her.

I'd do something like a Knights of Ren movie that featured a bit of Kylo Ren or other characters like Phasma or General Hux. It would tell the story of them doing cool missions for/with Kylo, like stealing intel, or robbing Vader's grave. It would flesh out what is going on with the First Order/Wannabe Sith. Conceptually its kind of like an inversion of Rogue One.

why does he wear the exact same outfit for his whole fucking life?

>posts on a Mongolian basket weaving board about a 40 year old Flash Gordon ripoff
>calls video games childish

Audience may forget that he is Han Solo

He probably has the same problem I do where I just end up wearing the same shirt and pants every time I go out because something happens to every other item of clothing I buy.

I was wondering why the star of the new Han Solo movie looks nothing like Harrison Ford. Then I looked at his wikipedia page:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alden_Ehrenreich#Early_life

Movie about how Porkins actually miraculously survived the Battle of Yavin.

you know harrison ford is also jewish right

Riiiight. It would be Deathsticks: The Movie

>Does Sup Forums have any good ideas for Star Wars standalones?
Boba Fett. No one wanted to see a cheesy, sloppy, studio-meddled non-story with kids JJ Abrams met at a bar mitzvah larping as some of the most well-recognised characters in cinema.
The character who is well-recognised but without a well-recognised face and actor who could actually have some edge to him is a far better choice, but apparently they must be afraid of giving blue-haired millennial moms the impression that Star Wars glorifies their iconic badass villains and making them worry that buying their gender neutral kids a bounty hunter-shaped lump of plastic will turn them into neo-nazis.

A Yoda movie is the best option

> RLM was shit talking young Han actor
> He was brilliant in Hail Caesar

I don't get it...

Zuckuss has a breakdown mid-movie and gets kicked out of the gang.

>Exar Kun or set during the Great Sith War
That shit aint canon

A poignant look at the struggle of the Ugnaughts and their attempt to unionize at Cloud City, against the wishes of a cruel and heartless administrator named Lando Calrissian?

Just adapt Shadows of the Empire into a film. Have this in it:

youtube.com/watch?v=x_deMfDs9jY

A Shadows of the Empire Miniseries, or a Animated Series.

Kino.

Should be about how he actually managed to make it into the Rebellion in the first place, kind of like Police Academy.

One of Han's first smuggling jobs was a shipment of those outfits. He took a few for himself as payment.

A film idea that would never happen but would be awesome? One focused around IG-88.
A film idea that could potentially happen and be awesome? Rogue Squadron.

I want this now.

youtube.com/watch?v=ip0h4ojQmB8

it will be awesome. because han solo is young and handsome. i did not watch other disney movies because no young and handsome in them. i will watch this movie because there is young and handsome in it.

>Exar Kun or set during the Great Sith War

ITT: emotionally-stunted virgin obese nerdfaggots

I always thought that after Han won the ship off Lando, he took off quickly, without either loading any of his stuff on to it, or letting Lando take any of his stuff off.

Hence, all the clothes we see Han were, except his Echo base snow gear, is actually Lando's.
That's why Lando looks like he's wearing Han's clothes at the end of Empire, because they;'re actually Lando's that Han ran off with.

tl;dr - Han's been wearing Lando's clothes for years.

Who cares about these standalones. I'm just hoping after Rebels we get a post-ROTJ Luke, Han, and Leia adventures series.

this. i'm ok if they cast younger actors for luke, han and leia. and i want the twin boys sons of han and leia not disney's abomination.

>ship historically registered to lando
>lando's stash was in the pocket
>even I get boarded sometimes

jesus christ... he looks like a young tommy wiseau

>Deathsticks: The Movie
>Soundtrack by Death Grips

IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES IT GOES GUNGAN

Because he and Kelly C literally needed acting coaches for the Solo movie.

republic commando movie would be sick

I dig it.

>i heard john powell is doing the score.
Really? This might the first bit of information about this film which actually piques my interest.

A Predator movie set on Dagobah.

A contract is put out by the Empire to find Yoda, and a bunch of bounty hunters track him down to the planet. He fucks all their shit up one by one.

Eventually it gets down to Boba Fett vs Yoda then Darth Vader arrives and it becomes a 2v1. Yoda drops a temple on Vaders head but is hurt in the process.

Boba digs Vader out and escapes the planet, which establishes why Vader respects Boba so much in Empire.

Film based on Palpatine becoming a Sith and being Plagueis' apprentice, ends with him starting episode 1

>He's letting them rape his legacy one product at a time.

lol. George sold it's soul a long, long time ago. He was whoring Star Wars out to any corporate partner he could for years before Disney took over.

This re-writing of history is bullshit

to this day i can't wrap my head around the fact that it's actually a thing.

what a time to be alive.