We want the Rick & Morty audience

>We want the Rick & Morty audience
No, seriously. What the fuck happened? What's with this season?
This is too much man.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9K8xmA5qxvI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What the fuck are you talking about?

i liked the scene where that monster swallowed morty and farted him back out

they went full HOW MANY SKEWPS and i don't give a shit about the show now

>he didn't drop it S2E1

i hope elliots dog learns how to talk

Gloria Reuben is fire. When he Mr. Roboted there was some genuine rape tension. Two thumbs up.

>When I close my eyes I imagine there are paralel universes lol back up generators in atomic plant
>Imagine we can go back to the future Ellioty, we can save our parents!
>White Rose opened my eyes, your whole plot was retarded until White Rose opened my eyes, Mr. Rickot
Season two was a stretch but this season dropped the ball even harder.

>I finally see the fatal exception error of my ways and I know what to do now

The tech references in his monologues feel extremely forced/shoehorned in and are extremely cringy. These two episodes have really made me doubt my appreciation of the previous season.

>Oh look it's loonix mint! Oh look it's cali! They're so legit 1337

wow its almost like Esmail is a hack fraud without a single creative bone in his body
This is so out of left field! Literally nobody could have seen this coming

it's crazy how different the first two eps. of this season are.
1st i hated, too large scale, trying to tackle political issues poorly, leans way too much into le wacky nature of the show.
i kinda like the 2nd one, though, it had elements of what made the show good in the first place-- focusing on the antics of the schizo drug abusing autist, and how he manages to make something of himself. importantly, showing the repercussion of HIS actions, and how they effect others.
im worried this season will basically having Elliot doing nothing interesting or new; just regurgitating muh phase 2.

>Don't mistake my generosity for generosity
was a pretty good line tbqh

it's something Mamet would write.

Wow that’s a stretch. Great imagination

>we killed someone important

>Oh wait we are just going to go back in time anyway lols

this is autism

as ever, you're confusing character writing with show quality.

he's meant to be cringey. he's a typical edgy l33t h4ck3r with a god complex, which is regularly undermined. That's the point.

he literally calls bullshit on his "dorm room philosophizing" or something this episode.

In the series premiere he makes fun of Josh Groban and in the S3 premiere he has to wear a t-shirt that calls him Josh Groban's property.

you people suck at recognizing simple tropes.

This

>as ever, you're confusing character writing with show quality.

Less so in previous seasons if memory serves me right. I have never heard any hacker talk like that, if anything this sounds like an amateur writer who knows very little of technology/computers trying to be edgy.

>And I know every hacker in the world!

this

You're right but the other user is right in his point tho. This season the tech talk is too in the face, way more than in the previous ones.
Or maybe I'm misremembering, I admit I haven't rewatched season two while waiting for this season.

>Don't mistake my generosity for generosity
brainlet here, what did he(she?) mean by this?

I think earlier seasons delved deeper into the hacks. the first few hacks this season are essentially montages with very little information about how he's doing anything.

disappointing I know, but at least they're moving the plot faster this time.

this show has always been a recycled Fight Club with a cyberpunk theme slapped on it

my generosity != generosity

Don't mistake his act of generosity for intentional or authentic generosity.

He's doing it for self-serving purposes, i.e. it's not generosity at all.

It highlights the hollowness of the act and the double-meaning of how we use and manipulate language. Mamet does it a lot in his plays.

I guess your autism must really help you relate to Eliot.

That was my first impression too, but the monologues about solitude and other things were extremely well done so I'd say it's a better Fight Club than Fight Club.

that's why I like it tho. if Fincher isn't gonna do more Dragon Tattoo kinos then this is the closest we'll get.

the director of the original Dragon Tattoo even directed the first episode.

>implying this isn't a worthwhile and entertaining project, even if indulgently so

its so unnoriginal tho. Watched the 1st season but dropped because it became too predictable

wait who was killed?

show me another show that has kino like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=9K8xmA5qxvI

worst girl: Joanna
did you even watch it?

>she takes a moment to think
>man with a gun falls right at her disposal
>enemies line up perfectly

I've seen scripted scenes in video games executed better than this.

>important
that was the part that confused me lol.

that show was always meh

>He didn't drop it s1e2

Pleb

Wanting the R&M/plebit audience isn't stupid.

Now it's proven that you can simply mention a cheap product and the meme community will go apeshit and spend hundreds for it. What show/advertiser wouldn't want to jump on that opportunity for some big bucks?

Imagine if next week Elliot does one of his little monologues, speaking to the viewer and says "Only real hackers use Tide detergent". Guaran-fucking-teed at this point that after the episodes over, Tide will become a meme and Tide's profits will suddenly surge.

I say go and get the R&M crowd. Do it before somebody else does.

>Only real hackers use Tide detergent
The worst part is that I could totally see it happen.

>Sup Forumstards this assblasted over some shitty USA show

fucking lmao