Kyle Rayner/GL thread

I grew up with Kyle Rayner in the 90's, to me, he's my lantern. Green Lantern just happened to be my first comic book too, so he and the GL titles will always have a special place for me .

When JL came on, I was surprised to see John Stewart be the team's GL. He was only STAS and JL and JLU. Will DC/WB ever put him in the spotlight in either live action or cartoons?

>to me, it's Kyle Rayner > John Stewart > Hal Jordan.

I too learned to think of Rayner as Green Lantern when I was a kid.
I may also have a mancrush on him, but don't tell anyone.

>Will DC/WB ever put him in the spotlight in either live action or cartoons?
Probably not

I always thought that mask looked weird on him

Crab Mask is the best mask and it's sad that they always fuck it up these days.

another reply

Sinestro corps. pls go.

It IS the best mask, knew I wasn't the only one.

Yeah Morrison's JLA were the first DC comics I collected. I liked Kyle because he was an artist/anime fan, so his constructs were pretty cool. Also him saying being in the JLA was like playing with the Beatles endeared him to me.
IMO a live action team of Kyle and John would be a more interesting pairing.

If the upcoming Green Lanter Corps movie will be successfull, maybe it'll be either Hal or John training Kyle to be the next GL of sector 2814, for whatever reason that would be necessary?

WB has stated they want "youthful energy" in the DCEU after all.

They won't get that far, I don't think.

With the way things are going? No. No they won't.

>Kyle Rayner > John Stewart > Hal Jordan

More like:
Guy > Jessica > the rest

Kyle was playing with the Beatles, he was on the best team book of all time. He will always be important for that reason, even though he's still the most interesting Lantern outside on his own.

>he was on the best team book of all time
But he wasn't on Justice League International.

>Will DC/WB ever put him in the spotlight in either live action or cartoons?

He was going to appear in GLTAS as a "GL NERD" at first, but as you know, the show canceled.

One thing I think Morrison did well was giving each character time to shine. Johns New52 JL was so Batman, Superman and Lex heavy.

>Batman, Superman and Lex heavy.
That's what sells! It's what people want!

What Kyle stories do you recommend besides Morrison'a JLA? Is the Marz run actually good?

Marz run is pretty average. It's just Kyle getting in the groove of things and having guest-stars out the ass. Winicks run is much better as it gets Kyle to start doing his own shit and getting his own Rogues.

This. Though I like Marz run, but mostly because of nostalgia. But this user is right.

This

For anyone interested in seeing Kyle in an amazing elseworlds setting, see the storytime beginning from this archived post:

>No.89136609▶

refubrishing my link

Fucking this. I've always loved the crab mask.

Marz's run is consistently and solidly above-average throughout.

>Act of God
>Amazing elseworlds setting

Good one user.

It could have been worse

The rage mask actually looked really good.

Always really liked this costume.

Thoughts on Bottled Light now that it is over?

I'm gonna tell Kyle.

Meh

Not terrible but not that interesting

Best part was Rot Lop Fan getting a splash page

I liked the Starro page spread.

How would he react?

bump