youtube.com/watch?v=h24D87SqaLQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Weird al

Danger Doom

if you are reading Thor to anything but Amon Amarth you are doing it wrong

>didn't even post Danger Doom

youtube.com/watch?v=zR2BboZeLEw

Starlin's Warlock + Captain Marvel

There's a finish band who made an album inspired by Life and Times of Scrooge McDucks

youtube.com/watch?v=if8-8YxET4g

>posts Madvillian
>doesn't post Operation Doomsday, Mm Food, or King Gheedora
>Completely forgets about DangerDoom.

Nigga, go back to Sup Forums

Gwar fits Sup Forums pretty well. They even had their own comic back in the day.

Gorillaz, mfdoom

I can't think of a single album that fits Sup Forums tier perfectly, but they still have a huge influence on animators today.

I like when authors post their music playlist for the stuff they write. Remender does this a lot

But metal or Jazz would seem to fit comics well. When I read Vision, Wonderman, or Beast I want to listen to Jazz since that is their favorite music

>Metal

For Thor and Conan maybe.

Spider-Man always puts me in mind of hip hop for some reason. Same with Iron Fist and Nightwing

This was all I listened to back in like 06

OCEAN MAN

Would you read a MF Doom comic?

Most aggressively Sup Forums? Probably something like Kirby Krackle where they fill whole albums with comic book songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=c8LNPeVPMIo
youtube.com/watch?v=MwSpEQ1p-WI

kys

skrillex

youtube.com/watch?v=TuAetZIG0mg

Honestly, Ween as a whole aren't a bad choice

Excellent contribution. Now do your family and """""friends""""" a favor and hang from a tree.

This is fucking quality.

>Ween as a whole aren't a bad choice
said no one ever

Adam WarRock is pretty great

Forgot link: youtube.com/watch?v=4NjCzbfz-Lw

>CTRL+F: Tribe One
>0 results
youtube.com/watch?v=egQ3k3Kltns

Sup Forums is a garbage board, so Boards of Canada.
The fact that a shitty horror movie used their music as soundtrack also symbolizes Sup Forums being consumed by Sup Forums trash

Shite version of Alphabet Areobics desu

>not even original song

Found the Sup Forums hipster

>all this nigger music
I'm disappointed in you kids.
Here's some real Sup Forums shit
youtube.com/watch?v=9d4ui9q7eDM

Bait. But I'll bite.

>Actually actively listening to and liking metal past the age of about 16, 18 at a push

>not listening to classical, jazz or metal
There are only 3 good genres of music

People who say this never actually listen to jazz or classical, except maybe Davis and Coltrane

>metal
>actually respectable genre
I don't give a singular fuck about how technically difficult the music is, that doesn't stop it from being garbage.

You sound like a really cool person.

Grimes

Tropicalia, habibi funk and highlife right?

Classical is fucking GOAT though.
>bach
>poulec
>brahms
>gynt
>gershwin

I listen to it a lot.

>Metal
>Good

Yeah nah. I'd rather not listen to genre in which every band tries to sound like the other until one band breaks through with a slightly new sound and then everyone latches on that.

Metal is the most stagnant music genre around.

>stagnant
Fucking how? It's the most experimental. Unless you listen to shit like avenged sevenfold.

Because every metal gig I've ever been to, and I've been to plenty, has consisted of bands who wear their influences so obviously on their sleeves.

Metal isn't experimental.

Or are you one of those tossers who thinks that "oh this band is singing about vikings, that makes them viking metal"

Metal is bland, it's samey and its constantly try hard edgy.

Which is not to say I absolutely hate the genre and am incapable of enjoying any bands or songs in it, but it's far from a respectable genre

>Unironically using the word brutal

I realize that nothing I say is going to change your mind, and that's ok. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and tastes.

So I'm just going to take this opportunity to post some things I like. React in whatever way you feel appropriate.

youtube.com/watch?v=qt6VebqhTUE

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7cuL_JxHOE

youtube.com/watch?v=KyNJnxNJRLU

youtube.com/watch?v=oyvOJlX4ZkE

youtube.com/watch?v=9xIe1tPtyAk

opeth and iced earth suck so hard

>Metal
Are you enjoying your day off from middle school?

I love metal, but Christ are a lot of metalheads autistic elitists.

"Most accepting fanbase" my ass.

The Symphony X song sounded distinct from any metal song I've heard, the rest sound derivative of other bands

The Cirith Ungol one sounds a bit like early Iron Maiden for example.

I have no idea who Party Cannon are, but props to them for not having a logo that is edgy and "brutal" like all the others.

This is what I mean when I say Metal is stagnant and it's just bands riffing on each other.

Even their logos.

Even their fucking logos man.

It's only "the most accepting fanbase" because metalheads are the only ones autistic enough to allow their music taste to be their identity.

You don't need to be accepted into a fanbase for house music or hip hop or trance or pop or r&b because you can just listen to it and not have it effect other aspects of your life.

The same is true for metal too, but on the whole you can tell a metal heads music taste just by looking at them.

This.

Fuck you man I like smooth jazz! Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Tito Puente.

Even newer guys such as Kenny G and Boner James!

Metal heads can be aweful cunts, I used to play in an indie band and we got booked as support for a metal band in town, they were rude as fuck. When we were done sound checking their drummer like squared up to me because i moved his sticks over to the side with the rest of his stuff so I could play.
And because we wernt fucking spraying our long greasy hair sweat everywhere the metal heads at the gig started shouting Justin Beiber at us.
Bad gig.

I used to be a massive metalhead. Listened to nothing but metal. I would have been one of those wankers.

But then as I got a bit older I realised I was deliberately not listening to music I actually liked because it didn't fit this "metalhead" identity I had.

Weirdly it was Robbie Williams who changed me because I realised I actually really liked his music, as naff as it is and so decided to give everything and anything a chance.

Nowadays I mostly listen to hip hop and rarely listen to metal.

Having been a metalhead I can confirm that they are eliteist wankers. The most ironic thing being that they get given shit for their music taste all the time but can't see the double standard they have when they do nothing but shit all over anything else.

Fun fact about picrelated. The art was designed by Frank Quietly and the symbol on the art was put there by Grant Morrison as a magic sigil to compel people to put their finger up to it. Now I reckon it's a load of bollocks and people do it for other reasons, but I did put my finger up to it before I knew about the supposed sigil.

I'M A DIRTY
SOUTH
SWAMP
THANG

Kids by Robbie Williams is my FUCKING JAM!
ah Robbie sound.
Yeah its weird. I like some metal music but I get shit in metal bars because Im dressed in a white shirt and addidass hoodie. Thing is there are more easy going lads listening to like house and edm, its mad.

How has Coheed and Cambria not been mentioned yet?

Just Robbie in general. I know he's shit brit-pop but everyone has their guilty pleasure, everyone has a shitty pop artist they low key love and Robbie is mine

I listen to a ton of viking metal, which I guess is a Thor thing

>Viking metal

This is why I hate metal. Every band sounds the same and those that don't get their own bracket, their own subgenre with all the other bands that sound just like them.

In other genres that's just a variation in sound but because all metal bands have to sound like another metal band I guess you have to hide that fact somehow.

I do agree that Thor would be metal though

I would say Helion Prime is pretty Sup Forums
youtube.com/watch?v=VtjmCeKXAgo
youtube.com/watch?v=RkCWq_cXeII

Bullshit. Try and tell me these sound the same.
youtube.com/watch?v=uu4TGlKrc1A
youtube.com/watch?v=a8tdDlqFqIw
youtube.com/watch?v=ggyC0FOzqHM
youtube.com/watch?v=YGV6bCTMM5w
youtube.com/watch?v=FoYSwGNGksQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BVTz-5QZzs8 (Garbage, but still proves my point)
And most of those are from the same subgenre too

Surprisingly no one suggested Neil Ciecierega yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDrHSxa26PI

Every single one of those sounds like other metal bands I've heard. I didn't hear a single thing that seemed distinct to me. That I would say, "fuck, that's taken metal in a new direction that I'd never heard"

It's all derrivative of each other. Yes that's what a genre sort of is, but it's particularly noticeable in metal, a genre where a band of today and a band from the 90's can sound similar and no-one bats an eye

Metal is a shit tier try hard edgy as fuck genre. Nothing wrong with liking it, nothing wrong with that at all, but don't try to pretend it isn't.

You can say the same about whatever dog shit you listen to as well.

You really can't. At least not in the same way you can about metal.

You certainly can't describe the genres I listen to as edgy or try hard.

youtube.com/watch?v=SOHMdUlzxcs

DOOM's most Sup Forums song

jeez i came in here expecting nice reading music and all i get is metal shitflinging

guess ill post what i listen to for reading

youtube.com/watch?v=3AdPl5xIAvE

Was waiting for this song to be posted

What are the genres you listen to?

Hip hop, house, electro, metal, Britpop, indie, punk, funk

It depends on what I'm in the mood to listen to

Pretty much anything if I like the sound.

Metal is still a genre that is incredibly derivative of itself. More so than any other genre I've come across and it's definitely far FAR edgier and try hard than any other genre

>punk
>not just as if not more derivative and tryhard than metal

Hell even jazz is incredibly derivative with tons of bands using the same sounds and styles half a century after they were big.

That doesn't mean that metal isn't try hard or derivative though, which was my point. Me enjoying the music of The Clash or The Ramones whatever doesn't change that

Why point it out if every other genre is similarly derivative? There are tons of samey hip-hop groups, tons of electronic producers making the same sounds with the same samples and tons of funk bands playing more or less the same groove.

A lot of it is tryhard to be sure but calling it derivative as if other genres aren't is strange.

>Punk
>Not liking the Dead Kennedys

Hip hop is actually wildly diverse considering the beats that underlie it aren't.

I like the Dead Kennedys plenty mate, don't worry

Shit taste

Because metal is worse for it.

Worse than that, metalheads look down on other genres as though they, the try hard fucks that they are, aren't just as bad.

At least other genres are more than willing to dip in and out of each other. The only time that happens in metal is with gimmick bands

There are diverse and unique hip-hop artists but there are also a ton that are bland and sound like other artists. It's how music works. Chances are that you are more familiar with hip-hop so you pick up on the differences more than you would with a metal band.

Such as?

I spent almost a decade listening to nothing but metal mate, I can categorically state that its more samey than other genres.

In fact its worse than others because it's not afraid to sound like it did 20 or 30 years ago unlike hip hop which if nothing else and for all its failings strives to move away from its past in new directions

>At least other genres are more than willing to dip in and out of each other. The only time that happens in metal is with gimmick bands

Metal crossing over with other genres is pretty common and many critically acclaimed have diverse sounds. Shining, AAL and Cynic take a lot of influence from jazz. Deathhaven and Oathbreaker meld shoegaze into their sound. Opeth, Agalloch and Eluveitie use folk music. Plus the 90s had Rap-Metal which regardless of your opinion of it was a break from the traditional genre.

I'm not saying that metalheads aren't elitist fucks or that there isn't a ton of shitty, hokey metal out there but to say that only gimmick bands branch of the reservation is incorrect.

Killing is my Business is the better Punisher song
youtube.com/watch?v=0vBhkMYE980

The Protomen and The Megas

Where the FUCK is the DOOM/Ghostface album we've been promised for ~2 years?

Blind Guardian is /tg/-core through and through, especially the more recent stuff that got even more fantastical musically.

youtube.com/watch?v=8yLhA0ROGi4

Most of the Young Money crew is pretty samey, Soulja Boy just follows whatever sounds are in style at the time, Cypress Hill and House of Pain use the same general flows and half the guys in Wu-Tang sound like each other.

>half the guys in Wu-Tang sound like each other.

Anything by DEVO. It doesn't help that Mark Mothersbaugh did the soundtrack for several cartoons.

Kanye is Morrison.

>Such as?
Kevin Gates, Travis Scott, Desiigner, Lil Uzi Vert, Migos, Lil Yachty, Gucci Mane, Rae Sremmurd, 21 Savage, Chief Keef

>I spent almost a decade listening to nothing but metal mate, I can categorically state that its more samey than other genres
After listening to nothing but Metal for a decade, of course you'll have an easier time picking up on the similarities than you would for other genres.

>In fact its worse than others because it's not afraid to sound like it did 20 or 30 years ago unlike hip hop
>unlike hip hop
Hip hop is just as derivative of prior artists as Metal is. A lot of hip hop samples are industry staples that have gotten reused for years. Fuck, producers will often sample other producers who sampled a DJ that got the original sample from someone else.

>strives to move away from its past in new directions
All genres have artists who do this.

Anthrax - I Am The Law
youtube.com/watch?v=9rVFi6qkPHE

What's going in in this thread?
Metal is fine.
Sup Forums is minority central, jeez.

anybody here listen to black dice? I listen to them when I read tripped out indie stuff that's totally drug-fueled
youtube.com/watch?v=g9WSNMKf_Vw

youtu.be/lUNF_-KFDho

>Metal is still a genre that is incredibly derivative of itself. More so than any other genre I've come across and it's definitely far FAR edgier and try hard than any other genre
Neo-folk is more edgy, try-hard and derivative, but it's still flexible enough to develop itself into something new over the time. Metal is a much bigger musical scene. So why can't it develop new sound when even neo-folk can do it?

youtube.com/watch?v=h24D87SqaLQ