Repeated viewings

So Sup Forums,

give me a quick rundown on repeated viewings, what makes them worth it?
This is the first time in possibly forever that I'm going to watch a movie more than once in the cinema, and I'm a bit worried about getting bored.

Don't go alone.

you will be bored somewhat because whereas that first hour of buildup was fresh the first time the second time you want to get to the more tense stuff when theplot gets in gear, that said mostly on a second viewing you try and pay attention to things you might have missed, something that seemed irrelevant before but makes sense now in context, maybe you've been in a thread and someone mentioned something that stuck out and you got to confirm or deny it.

I just came out of my second viewing and I actually think time went by a lot faster this time around

Also liked it even more

Well for most people it's just to get more out of the film because the first time was a lot of information for them at once, for me it's just because I really enjoy the experience, the actual feel I get from it.
And some scenes hit me hard even more on the second rewatch, for example the pic related scene. You know it's coming, she tells him that "someone lived this" and you fully expect it to happen, but the shot of him contemplating his entire existence goes for so uncomfortably long that the built up emotions are at peak for about 15 second straight, similar to the furnace scene but instead of a cut this time we finally get the first emotional release from K that comes out in the form of a bonechilling existential vocal outburst. Superb execution and delivery.

(Actual) Films are made to be seen in a cinema, not on your computer/TV. And if you like a film that much then by buying a ticket you are showing the studio that you want more films like that.

Forgot the pic

>(Actual) Films are made to be seen in a cinema, not on your computer/TV.
Actually, the reason I'm going again is because I watched the original Blade Runner at home right after on my huge TV that had always felt like enough before but even though I saw how it was still great, I felt like I would never get the same feeling from watching BR2049 again as I did in the theater.

I do kind of feel like I might be too much of a brainlet to enjoy my second viewing like you described though. I don't usually actively think about movies while watching them. But a then again maybe a second viewing would help with that.

When is digital release?
No singles policy prevents me from seeing it.

I saw it twice and i'm gonna see it again. Second time is honestly essential. First, you're in the narrative grip, watching and absorbing it all playing out. Second, you know what's coming so everything leading up to it is made all the more poignant. There are a dozen or so truly moving moments that are amplified this way. Also being able to appreciate the detail of the environment, tech, etc is interesting as you will catch things you missed the first time. It just allows you to appreciate it better as a piece of art rather than the initial experience.

When she tells him "someone lived this", is she confirming to K that the memory is both a real persons' memory but also still just an implant?

ever watched a david lynch movie?
some movies have just too many things to unpack and if you dont know what you are looking for its impossible to take note of every little detail right on your first viewing
thats why mainstream kino is dumbed down so much

blade runner is definitely worth a repeated viewing

Once was enough.

Why?

I always enjoy rewatching a Lynch film, but it isn't to unpack the layers and better understand the film - his films work on a pretty simple level.
>thats why mainstream kino is dumbed down so much
Blade Runner 2049 is pretty dumbed down.

This, it's a Sup Forums meme to get you to make a spectacle of yourself. Not that funny. Movies are a social activity and going alone asks for weird questions and situations, dont be that guy.

She had just said beforehand that implanting real memories is illegal, so saying "someone lived this" means it was a real memory of his unless someone broke the law

I thought that she was telling him it was someone else's, but his emotional reaction was because he "knew" it was real.

>You know it's coming, she tells him that "someone lived this" and you fully expect it to happen, but the shot of him contemplating his entire existence goes for so uncomfortably long that the built up emotions are at peak for about 15 second straigh

Lived this exact same feel on my second watch.

Some people don't have a choice you know

depends on the movie though
blue velvet works on both levels (simple and complex)
mulholland drive is just a complicated mess though and I had to watch it multiple times to really enjoy it, was very well worth it though

All her machine could tell her was if the memory was real or not. Since she didn't know if it was his memory or not, she just said "someone lived this"

She knew it was HER memory and played it ambiguously so that K, an officer as far a she knew, wouldn't suspect something.

I was under the impression she didn't see the memory and was just reading brain waves

She seems to break down a little bit when she says it, even shedding a tear so I thought the machine actually projected images. You could be right tho.

You can hear the memory playing in the background of the scene

If you're watching it in IMAX you can hear the actual memory playing as she's watching it.

Cyborg, here. Go alone. I've seen it twice (it will be thrice on Saturday) and I've seen it alone each time even though I'm >hazgf

Is this „guys gonna watch br again!! Third time already!! You should too“ a new shill tactic from the studio because your shit movie fucking crashed and you’re desperately trying to get the autists on this board to „pleeeeaaase go watch it once more or I will be homeless!“
BR isnt a philosophical masterpiece but pleb tier shit, you don’t need to pay rich Hollywood fucks three times for the same shit „experience“to fully understand, comprehend and „appreciate“ it. No added value after the first time.