Worth seeing in the cinema or waiting for torrents?

Worth seeing in the cinema or waiting for torrents?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=02ZLAj867Ng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i don't go to the movies often anymore. just doesn't seem worth it, but I saw this a few days ago.
It's worth it.

Being in a room with random people ruined my experience of the movie. I wish I had waited.
Am I autistic?

Excellent movie for the big screen. Longer length films for me are better for theaters. You get to focus more instead of sometimes getting sidetracked watching the torrent at home

Really must be watched on your phone. Intimate.

2D IMAX or nothing.

definitely worth it, it's great looking and there is so much detail that you really need to see it on the big screen. Sound design is pretty spectacular too, well worth the price of a ticket

Chances are the theater won't have many people in it so crowds and noise won't be a problem

See it in the cinema. The cinematography and sound deserve it, you deserve it.

That's why I go early, like the first showing if i can at noon or so. And sit close. Both times i saw it were quiet but that shits the worst.

Spent $60 last night on uber, ticket, and an okay dinner. great night desu

Alright thanks lads I'll force myself today then. Leaving my shitty house to do anything that's not picking up takeaway is hard for me but this movie looks special

I get you user but I unironically won't mind in this case, this movie deserves to do well and that requires sharing a screening with random people.

Either watch it at the cinema, or don't watch it at all.

>Worth seeing in the cinema or waiting for torrents?
Nothing is worth seeing in cinema
Torrent in a couple months

I'm one of the last people to advocate buying something to support the creators, but this one deserves it.

Saw this with a female friend and she didn't like it for the following reasons:
>hated the twist as K should have been Deckard's son
>pacing too slow
>didn't like Luv and thought Joi was a waste of time
>not enough action
the memes are real

Sup Forums gets mad when I bring this up

most women can't appreciate movies/tv they view it as a social event

Taking a girl to see a 3 hour movie is probably the dumbest thing you could've done desu.
That's the problem with this film imo, longer films don't really fit in the cinemas. I hate pausing movies, but halfway through I felt like getting a drink or a snack. It's exciting the whole way through and all, but you can sit in one spot for a limited time.

>but you can sit in one spot for a limited time
2h44 falls well within that limited time, man. Come on.

>girl I went with started texting her boyfriend by the 3rd act

CELLS

I'd have to agree as long as you've taken a piss before and some popcorn + drink if you're hungry you shouldn't feel restless.

Women won't care about the movie, they're just waiting for Chad to stick his hand down her pants

>>girl I went with started texting her boyfriend by the 3rd act

I was only worried that I'd have to pee and miss some of it. Luckily I didn't.

You people have rotten luck. I'm friends with only one girl and she's into the exact sort of films I am.

Yes, she's dating another guy, before any of you bring it up.

Way off baseline, user.
Get a grip.

Movie of the year. It's meant to be watched in the theater, do it

How does it feel being an orbiter?

Awful. And both her and her boyfriend, who I was friends with before they started dating, come by my place every damn week.

If you've got a kick-ass sound system then wait. But it is pretty sweet in theatres. The soundtrack/score is sick.

>Amerifats can't go 3hr without eating anything
No doubt it failed in US

torrenting 2049 and watching it on your shitty computer should be a fucking crime.

watch it in IMAX you fucking cretin

And if there's no IMAX near you, watch it on the best cinema you can. Either way, watching it at home is disgraceful.

You'll regret not seeing this in IMAX

Went to a midnight showing alone after work, got high on the way there and watched it. There were 3 more people in theather.
I loved it, sadly the kinoplex put an intermission right in the middle of a scene and the lidhts went on and I felt my immersion was ruined

Fuck that would have annoyed me

go watch it

>Going to movies
>By yourself

Do people seriously do this? I would by far wait months to see a movie I really wanted to see than fucking go by myself to a jew theater and pay $20 to get in.

>female friend

Why do people on the Internet lie? Do you honestly expect me to believe this? Kys you lying nigger piece of shit.

lol a water bottle was $5 where I was I felt like I was at Penn. Station

I was going to ask a friend but given what this movie's about it felt like a more kino experience viewing it alone

Today was the last day they were showing this on IMAX in the city an hour away from me (the nearest screen), they pulled it from future showings FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I'll never get to see it that way now.

Not him but what about that is so impossible to you?

He might be beta orbiter though

this is probably the only movie worth to see on cinema, after that, wait for the next masterpiece.

It was really good, definitely worth watching in theaters. I already want to watch it again

>"you must wait 7min. 30 sec. before posting an image reply, HURR BUY PREMIUM PASS"

Way to fucking kill yourself, Sup Forums

THEATER

definitely worth it for the soundtrack as well

Try to book the most empty session like early morning or last session of the night.

So you won't have to distracted by others, also empty your bladder before watching. It's a long movie.

Good luck.

You look like a good joe.

Go to the first showing on a weekday morning, or the last on a weekday night. These will be the emptiest times.

Never ever go the movies on a weekend or Friday night.

I went at 9:40 on a Wednesday and there were 5 people in the theater. Went with one male friend, sat with a seat between us as a gap so there'd be zero distraction or other notable human presence. Theater had reclining lounge chairs. It was great. If you don't think this film is worthy of seeing in a theater then you wouldn't find any film worthy.

Definitely worth seeing in theater - visuals aside, the score gets a huge boost with that type of surround sound

i want to see this in theaters, but I have no one else to go with. what is the best time to go the movies alone without feeling like a fucking loser

how old are you? do you have trouble walking or some shit?

>How does it feel to hold the hands of a loved one? CELLS

Matinee

>the fucking sound for this scene
youtube.com/watch?v=02ZLAj867Ng

If the people were talking and or being disruptive, thats normal. If their presence alone prevented you from enjoying the movie, there's a good chance you've got autism.

Just saw it in imax with my fwb, absolutely worth seeing if the only other people in the theater are 3 middle aged men.

>it's been out two weeks
>Sup Forums doesn't hate it yet

These are the best times.
But we all know what's coming.

I literally just got back from seeing it a second time in IMAX. See it in the theater, user. Chances are there will only be like 5 at the showing anyway.

This.

>not suffering from crippling depression

if you saw Arrival in IMAX, you'll recall the great sound design, and the quality of the soundtrack -- unfortunately the plot of Arrival made no fucking sense in the end, so the music/sounds were kind of like window dressing; in this movie, 2049, the sound, music and visuals are all coherently arranged, and they drive the plot (if you really didn't comprehend the plot and fell asleep, please fuck off) and sort of convey the emotions of K through much of the movie -- and the however-many IMAX speakers bathing the entire theatre in near full density of sound -- it doesn't matter if people are talking since you can't fucking hear them -- the movie allows no diversion

worst part is when it leaks in decent quality online/the screener rip leaks

that's when the worst autists see it (they're too scared to go to a movie theater) and start their shitty troll threads

if you're depressed you probably shouldn't see this movie

As someone suffering from crippling depression, I was actually in a good mood after seeing this.

Are most people on here not depressed or otherwise fucked up? I assumed that most of us were really fucked up one way or another.

Seriously if you're gonna skip the cinema then hold out for a blu ray rip

>he doesn't have a premium pass

this, and find a friend who has a great sound system hook-up

This. I've been avoiding the kino at the mall and going to another one a mile out of the way. Late showings are great. I was the only one in The Foreigner last week

I want the rip to come just to get screencaps of every time Ryan Gosling has a miserable look on his face.

how's that? was it because the movie had characters you could relate to

I torrent almost everything. Overall the cinema these days, especially in NYC is just not worth it. Too expensive and usually full of dbags. That being said i saw it on a real IMAX and it was incredible. May go again. It stuck with me though. My gf enjoyed it as well though we did get on an arguement about whether ot was sexist or not. While i did have some issues with it,the cinematography and sound design was worth the 25 dollar IMAX ticket. Like i say, i might see it again and i never see movies in the cinema twice. Never.1r

Was dredd this obvious in its shilling?

Your gf must be a fucking retard to think a movie with several prominent and strong female characters is sexist.

not that poster, but this movie had a lot of tits in it, and in imax its 6 foot high tits

get a moviepass

Ever since I got a sound system for my tv, I can't watch shit without them. I didn't expect it to make as big of a difference as it did.

I just got back from my second IMAX showing
it's definitely worth it

I thought the new trendy feminist thing was to be sex-positive and love your body. I guess now if it's done in a way to sell something to a guy, it's bad.

i only find its good for certain kinds of movies because I can only take so much loud in the living room -- its not so bad in theatres for some reason

yeah I was actually really upset with her and ended up like writing her an essay the next day to which she replied with her own essay and made me see her point of view a little bit...a little bit. I did not feel the movie was sexist though...and the majority of female bloggers claiming it to be so are all retarded

True, and for some reason, some games on my ps4 are louder than others which is annoying to have to adjust the sound for. What are your go-to movies to show off your system with?

because it ends on an uplifting positive note

who knows
girls get threatened by other girls all the time based on appearance or the weirdest random shit no guy can even detect

They just want to find a fault in everything these days. They can't just enjoy some comfy kino.

Seeing how some feminists on the internet have been freaking about the possibility of getting replaced by sexbots, I can see why those people would spaz out over JOI or Luv seeing as they are further progressions of that concept.

>ended up like writing her an essay the next day to which she replied with her own essay

>Do you sleep in a cell at night? INTERLINKED

This.

Came back from seeing it a few hours ago. Regular mall multiplex theater, not IMAX unfortunately, since I live in the sticks and the nearest IMAX is two hours away. Still worth it to see it on the big screen. Might go back to see it again if it's still there next week enough.

I went to a matinee and was literally the only person in the theater. For three hours. Kind of a weird feeling, really.

it might be something as dumb as "ryan is paying attention to her and not me"

ok, ty

having the theater to yourself is the best part of weekday matinees

Very interesting. The woman is so focused on stupid, menial shit while the guy is going all out with pretty big ideas and the woman gets upset for leaving the perceived linear path.

Can confirm. Just saw the 1145 showing on a Thursday, and it was perfection.

Depends on your personality, I guess.

I almost didn't go because I couldn't get anyone to go with me (no one I know wanted to see it) and hate going to movies by myself. Miss the social/communal experience of sharing it with someone.

I've missed several films I wanted to see in recent years for the same reason.

damn she's skinny