Does Sup Forums need a sticky?

Does Sup Forums need a sticky?

I mean, we could all benefit from it, right? Get recommendations, get OC, links to booru, general rules for newfags, I could go on. I do admit I'm a bit of a newfag myself but I mostly browse /lit/ and /fit/, both of which have excellent stickies. Thoughts?

Didn't Sup Forums have a Sticky for awhile? I think it was too stop the original Sup Forums stuff, but maybe I'm just remembering wrong. Specially since that stuff is still here

>Get recommendations

In the current state of the board, watch it go down in flames. We have a lot of incredibly specifc rec charts though, it's a matter of looking around a bit.

the moderation here is too busy arbitrarily banning thing they don't like

Sup Forums even has mods?

And completely ignoring all the political bait posts at the same time.

Bump

A sticky would damage Sup Forums culture. A sticky would only contain general, generic recommendations (pic related, for example). But whenever anybody starts a thread to ask for specialized recommendations, individually-tailored to their preferences, they would get told to fuck off and go read the sticky.

No thanks.

Mods are global, not board-specific.
>Sup Forums in charge of understanding how Sup Forums works

>A sticky would damage Sup Forums culture

As opposed to Sup Forums or Sup Forums or /tumblr/ damaging it?

>they would get told to fuck off and go read the sticky

Except Sup Forums happens to be extremely newfag-friendly. On multiple occasions I have offhandedly asked recs and got lots

How about we get

You know

A mod who actually does shit to stop this place from being Sup Forums

SOME general rules would be good. An FAQ type thing - people HAVE their own ideas about green-texting and spoilers, for examples, but many people use them for any number of other reasons -- one prime example is using both to simply bait/troll others in a thread.

I'm used to internet culture so I lurked here (probably six+ months) a lot before I first posted AND there were still folks that screamed at me for an entire year - and people still bait/troll, etc.

Recommendations and the like, yes - I agree that doesn't need to be sticky, but -- and this almost always come up with those recommendation posts, some of them are out of date. They have their own tumblr or something, don't they? We could point people there?

>They have their own tumblr or something, don't they? We could point people there?
That tumblr is dead mang

>As opposed to Sup Forums or Sup Forums or /tumblr/ damaging it?
That wouldn't go away with a sticky.

OP is part of the Sup Forums invasion. Start by getting OP to delete this thread.

>Except Sup Forums happens to be extremely newfag-friendly. On multiple occasions I have offhandedly asked recs and got lots
Wonderful.

This happens because there's no sticky. Create a sticky and instead of recs, you'll be told to go read the sticky.

Along with the dead tumblr, we also have three, possibly more, dead wikias. So, that option is out

This. I would have never discovered Usagi Yojimbo without you guys.

Trolling is already against the global rules right now. Making trolling against the rules doesn't stop trolling. I'm sorry you got your feelings hurt, but a sticky wouldn't change the people who have decided to spend their time baiting/trolling.

I remember us having a sticky at one point that was basically "stop with the movie console wars".
Kind of miss that desu

[add quote of Superman about treating each other]

There was also this one. It was a good one.

OP here. I'm not Sup Forums. I do think they're kinda funny but it gets boring after the first 5 threads. Also, they don't have a sticky

>not wanting newfags to lurk fucking moar
>spoonfeeding recommendations

>posting live action
>filename refers to live action meme
Hello Sup Forums.

Like I said, they're kinda funny

You're part of the problem.

Nice. Does Sup Forums have a dead subreddit too?

Do a sticky OC and profit.

>list of obscure indie shit
>implying a casual will find any of that at his LCS

>Will Eisner
>obscure
Casual detected.

If your LCS is no good, try the Amazon links at the bottom of the image.

The real problem is people don't (and probably don't realize they can) report threads and posts. Hiro keeps pushing self-moderation, but everyone just complains instead of reporting. I do it, but honestly, I have no idea if it does anything besides hide the thread.

>implying this board only talk about comics