Steven Universe

How much filler is in this show?

Anyone?

Judging from these two characters on the front, a lot.

You mean annoying Stevie and SJW Pearl?

None.

Does the show feel like Tumblr or SJW?

Most episodes are relevant in some way but it doesn't become apparent until later.

Very few actually. I mean, the only episodes people keep labeling "filler" are when the Gems aren't the main focus or there's no lore going on.

Honestly, only a few episodes.

Most of the people who complain about filler are simply watching the show for the wrong reasons. The show has never really been about fighting alien empires or whatever. Its about Steven and his relationships with others, and him growing up. Yes, sometimes he fights monsters. But the monster fights are only one half of his life, Beach City and the people who live there are the other half.

If you took away all the townie episodes, Steven doesn't make sense as a character. What he learns in those episodes generally comes back around later.

None. It's not an anime. It doesn't have filler. It has bad episodes.

It's hard to really say because a lot of episodes seem like filler, but end up introducing a little concept, location, or object that plays a role later in the plot.

There are some episodes I could recommend skipping, but at the same time they do still help build the world/characters and I couldn't confidently say that something mentioned there might not come back later.

Strictly speaking, it can't have any "filler" in the original sense of the term from anime fandoms, because it's not an adaptation of anything. Every minute of every episode of the show is exactly the story the author wanted to tell, no more no less.
In the general sense of episodes that don't advance the plot or develop the characters, I'd say 1/10 tops. Even most of the "townie" episodes have a purpose, it just happens to be more slice-of-life than you prefer.
If you think a show is "mostly filler", you're just mistaken about what kind of show it was always meant to be.

I like the town episodes

It jives with my personal beliefs, basically "we are all human, learn to fucking deal with that you sorry babies, also here is the Overman, worship him"
And then everybody's problems were solved by believing in the Overman

None, it's ALL important.

Should I watch this?

None.

In Sugar words, although paraphasing, there are the tinest details in filler episodes that can lead to a bigger revelation in the main plot.

Granted, you can still skip the filler episodes and only watch the few minutes of what that detail is. You won't miss out on anything, otherwise.

It's, like, 90% filler.

WORLD BUILDING
O
R
L
D

B
U
I
L
D
I
N
G

what counts as filler?

Check out S1E6: Cat Fingers
Then watch S1E12: Giant Woman
If you liked either of those then you should watch the rest, start from the beginning.

It's technically not filler, since filler is meant to be the primary point of the show.

It's a day in the life biz, that around episode 25 starts to deal with outer space biz.

Bump