/swco/ - Star Wars Comics and Cartoons

Gloom Walkers Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Doctor Aphra #3 (January 18th)
Rebels 3.13: "Trials of the Darksaber" (January 21st)

>Episode Preview: Trials of the Darksaber
youtube.com/watch?v=62TogumQlns

>Rebels Recon: Warhead
youtube.com/watch?v=EfCuHRbbTZk

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XD9i6Du1u8E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for space antelope

Did Ahsoka manage to get through to Vader when she fought him? Her saying that she wouldn't leave him stopped him cold, and he stood there thinking for a bit before his anger took hold again

HAIL MANDALORE!

4th for using her horns as handlebars during oral

Hail Mandalore!

When will we learn of Barriss' fate?

Shitposting for Daddy Anakin

TCW Season 7

Twi'leks >>> Togruta

Whenever her story is worth telling, which is never now that Ahsoka is "gone"

So what are some realistic options for anthology movies?

We're gonna get Han, and probably Boba films. What else can they do? Vader between 3 and 4? Yoda prequel? Another film set right around/between OT films for more Vader cameos?

And then what? Then they have to relay on characters they create in ST to sell new movies. I'm asking for realistic ideas that will make money, not old republic movies you want to see that Disney won't do.

Mail Pandalore

CUTE!

Dexter Solo Film

A Clone Wars movie in the vein of Rogue One is possible, if not entirely probable

Listen cunt if you don't think A LOTOR style star wars movie where the fantasy is dialed up to 11 (kotor) will make money then you are a moron. fuck your nucanon politics. Obi wan and KOTOR are the only two sure things they have.

When we find out what happened to Ahsoka

She lost the will to live

who was cuter: 2D Shaak Ti, or CGI Shaak Ti?

this would be good but hopefully be about mostly clones and maybe some new jedi.

I want to be Shaak Ti's apprentice so I can hug her!

>Coruscant temple is built over a Sith shrine
>Sith originate from the hundred year darkness
Where did Jedi hang out before the schism?

Whenever they want a new bad girl to molest Ezra.

Fuck Snoke, Antje Traue should be the Emperor's Daughter and be the big bad of the new trilogy.

Tython, it's where the Jedi were founded.

She'll have Ahsoka in her Fun Dungeon.

It's gotta be familiar territory. As much as I'd like to see some degree of worldbuilding around the ST, it won't work unless it has someone that the audience can go 'hey, it's whats-their-face'. Especially if it's set in the ST era; unless the rest of the trilogy can make up for TFA, it's gonna be quite difficult, if not impossible, to drum up interest in that particular era.

And off the record, I dread to see how the Old Republic, or more specifically, Revan, would be handled in this day and age. Less on the part of the creators and more on the fanbase. Any attempt at creating something canon around that character is just gonna end in disaster.

Allegedly. Ahch-to and Jedha would like to have a word with you.

>>Coruscant temple is built over a Sith shrine
wait, what the fuck? how come they never noticed? why didn't they destroy it?

if everyone could post their best thrawn pictures and webms I'd be much obliged

kotor ain't happening, it's only popular among rabid fan boys that will pay for any star wars movies anyway

plus it would look like a remake to the normies

They did. They intentionally did it to supress the dark energies of the shrine. I htink it's pretty much canon that Sheev used the energy of the shrine to mess with the council's mojo.

Gee Saxon, why does Sheev let you have two antenna?

I want Asajj and KOTOR movies.

but if it was suppressed how could Sheev use those energies to fuck with them?

Asajj already got her story in dark disciple

2d. She actually looks like a space anthelope.

L-lewd.

>plus it would look like a remake to the normies

hmm considering the last two moves where about blowing up a death. I think this argument holds no water.

I agree with all of that, that's why I'm wondering what Disney will do when they can't relay on iconic OT characters for any more movies.

I thought it was on Ilum?

we gotta wait to see what luke says in 8 to settle this but achooo is a horrible name for a fucking planet.

It was suppressed thousands of years ago. There was never a Sith Lord on Coruscant there to amplify the energies in person until Palpatine comes to play Senator/Chancellor.

>hmm considering the last two moves where about blowing up a death. I think this argument holds no water.
TFA was a sequel and it had the OT characters as old. Yea it's a soft reboot, but it's still clearly a continuation.

Kotor is just rip off of various OT and PT ideas/characters to such a derivative degree that it people won't buy it if you try to tell them "it's 4000 years in the past."

but if these energies weren't suppressed
a) how come the Jedi dind't know of the Temple
b) how could they not realize that the interference was coming from right underneath their feet?

2d was cute, CGI kinda had a milf-y vibe going on.

Both are good.

From the way Luceno described it, it seems like they tried to destroy it, but they failed to destroy the dark energies that emerged from the place, so they did the next best thing and just build the temple over it to stop the darkness from spreading. Naturally, they failed, and after thousands of years the ruins of the sith shrine were forgotten.

So how many canon Mando designs we got?
>neo crusader
>regular/death watch
>super commando
>nite owl
>protector
>imperial

I only have endless reposts, sadly.

defending the literal ANH remake while insulting an actual original thought for having too much influences from all the movies.

Shills are the worst.

a) It's a deep dark secret that gets lost from general knowledge as all the Jedi that know about it die off over time.
b) How could they not realize Palpatine was a Sith Lord directly messing with the Jedi Order's ability to communicate with the force despite standing directly next to him multiple times for years?

KOTOR has more than two Sith. That alone makes it more novel than you describe.

Normies love lightsaber fights, yo.

>defending the literal ANH remake while insulting an actual original thought for having too much influences from all the movies.
But he isn't insulting the OT, you crybaby. He is insulting the double rehash that is KOTOR.

I don't think so, or at least if she did it didn't stick in any meaningful way and fueled Vader's anger as opposed to Anakin's compassion. Filoni made it clear when he was talking about handling the encounter between the two that Anakin resurfacing is Luke's role.

I think it was an intentional choice, as churches being built over pagan holy sites was mention as the idea that lead to that creative decision.

Amen.

>actual original thought
>Kotor
Jesus Christ, I know you played the game when you were young and all, but no one can have that much nostalgia.

And the point isn't even if it's original or not, but how the people will react to such a blatant non sequel copy.

can you read?

Darth Vader and the Cry of Shadows adaptation.

Except with less Mandalorian references.

>I don't think so, or at least if she did it didn't stick in any meaningful way and fueled Vader's anger as opposed to Anakin's compassion.
I think she shocked Vader out of him for like 5 seconds, but it failed to take and he became Vader again shortly thereafter. Ahsoka could never redeem Vader, their past contained too much shared pain and betrayal

Heard you were talking shit.

Not that user, but I played KOTOR last week and thought it was pretty cool. If nothing else, it has more lightsabers than the OT, and that would be fun to see on-screen.

>so its ok to be completely derivative if its a sequel rather than a prequel.

all you autismos assume a KOTOR movie would be a remake of the old game and not a tackling of the whole era with new writers brought on to write a fucking orginal movie. That is to say i hope what they end up is original.

he didn't say he was insulting the OT...

>all you autismos assume a KOTOR movie would be a remake of the old game
Then it's not a Kotor movie but an old republic movie.

Which also isn't happening, but the old republic already got retconned technology wise to not be like Bioware games.

>actual original thought
>Kotor
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>Literally rehash of the OT multiplied by standard Bioware story formula
>original

good job not reading again samefag

>if I shitpost hard enough, these falsehoods will magically become facts!

Not the other user, but honestly curious. Care to elaborate on the copy parts?

The story with the Exile felt alright and not like the movies.

They shouldn't have said 4000 years though. A few centuries perhaps.

I want to be pic related's apprentice, so she can do unspeakable, inappropriate and very kinky things to me.

Tython isn't canon anymore.

yes it is.

>Which also isn't happening
so what is happening?

It's name dropped in a couple different visual dictionaries.

is hugging a part of Togrutan culture?

It is a very lewd gesture.

Ofc not, I would never!

>a blatant non sequel copy.
Again i have to ask what makes this ok? a derivative sequel is box office gold but a derivative prequel is box office poison. Jesus christ i know your underage but how can you be so deluded?

I want to be Shaak Ti's apprentice so I can tie her up with charged cables and send small jolts of current down her lekku until she cums

>MC is a literal who
>starting location razed by enemies
>MC+2 story important people escape
>turns out MC is special!
>MC is inducted into the ancient evil-fighting order
>MC is given a quest to travel the world and gather similar objects
>MC gathers a party that always includes a proud warrior race guy, a straight man who complains a lot, a bitchy woman, and a cute and somewhat innocent girl
>half-way through MC is captured
>companion sacrifices themselves for MC to escape
>in the enemy base MC finds out a horrible twist
>finale is storming the enemy controlled fortress with an obligatory 1 on 1 fight with the main villain despite a large battle going on aroung
Which Bioware game is it? That's right - all of them, give or take a couple points.

And for bonus points
>Not R2D2
>Not Chewbacca
>Not Millenium Falcon
>Not Yoda (x2!)
>Not Vader
>Not Death Star
>Not ANH opening
>Not Kamino
>Not Death Star destroying Alderaan

Ebon Hawk is the millennium falcon
T3 is R2
HK is IG
Carth is Han
Revan is Anakin with Boba's mask on
Malak is Red Vader with no helmet
Sith Troopers rather that stormtroopers
Sith capital ships look like Star Destroyers
Sith Droids with shield not Destroyer Droids with shields
Jedi Council with not Yoda
Of the top of my head but there countless others

Everything about the game is designed to evoke OT nostalgia and, at the time, PT images, ignoring the established Old Republic EU.

That's not a bad thing. That's how you ensure the game sells and appeals to as many people as possible. I don't blame Bioware for doing such a hackjob, because I would have done the same from the business perspective.

But you try to put this on the bigscreen and people will notice that damn near everything on screen is a copy from the other movies. And if you tell them that this is "4000 years ago," people are not going to buy it.

KotoR always worked best as essentially a Star Wars reboot/alternate universe based on the mythos.
Hell, when it first came out, people that followed the EU continuity did not consider it part of the EU but infinities, because of all the conflicts and blatant pandering.

Legacy of the Darksaber
youtube.com/watch?v=XD9i6Du1u8E

This clip is longer and includes the first preview.

I wanna lick her Mirilan feet

no no pls seƱor Revan. not again

The force awakens was not that bad.

Standalone film set 5~10 years after RoTS.

Focusing on a squad of Stormtroopers, led by an aging clone (played by Temura), who are tasked with pacifying an independent corporate world (who supplied both sides during TCW) by storming it's headquarters and executing it's leadership team.

Basically it's a straight up war movie; starting with a drop into a very hot LZ, fighting through an urban center, and finally breaching a fortress-like corporate command center.

Corp would employ a mix of battle droids, private soldiers. Empire would be in a transitional period, using a mix of PT (Venator, V-Wing), and OT era (TIE,Stormtrooper Armor) equipment.

Style of the film would be extremely minimal in exposition (think Fury Road), bulk of the dialog would be comms between the troopers, calling in air support, etc.

I thought you were talking about the story, but fair enough.

What apps do you anons use to read these SW comics for free?

The ST ties directly into arguably the most popular trilogy and franchise of all time, using their characters and images. Which plays on nostalgia and gives it legitimacy as a sequel. People wanted to know what happened to the OT characters, even if they knew the story won't be about them.

KotoR is just fan fiction based on the movies by some fat Canadian fan boy. All it has going for it is the brand name, but it just looks like reboot. The average person gives no fucks about this blatant rip off fan fic, except for kids like you that played the game as children and can't let go.

It's a moot point anyway, the old republic, and especially Revan, will never get a movie anyway.

google.

You do realise KotOR became Biowares formula, right? Due to its success.

no the story doesn't matter when you talking about stories, what matters is taking 10 minutes to right a list big enough that no one will take time out of their day to counter it so that you can call your self a winner of your daily internet argument.

Ewan McGregor's expressed interest in an Obi-Wan movie

3DCG. 2D was traditionally cute but 3DCG was much more tangible, more physically matured and had that Spanish flair in her accent.

>Jedi Council with not Yoda
That was the one thing that pissed me off when I first played it.

It predates Kotor, Baldur's Gate and NWN follow it as well. BioWare are hacks who can only tell the same story over and over, the best they can do is change the order of items on the formula.

Nah, the story is all in the execution. There are only so many archetypes we have anyway.

>That third act tho

DO IT KANAN
PULL THE TRIGGER

18+