Evangelion

I don't get it. Why didn't he just get a girlfriend?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XMpQ7Ycbhx8
wiki.evageeks.org/Adam
wiki.evageeks.org/Second_Impact
youtube.com/watch?v=0AY27gLWhtM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There are more important things in life than women. Especially in Shinji's life.

cause he was afraid of rejection

He had 3 girlfriends

One turned out to be a reincarnation of his mother and manipulated him into destroying the world

One got strangled

The other blew up

Small chimpo. Hair trigger. Did you even watch 'End'?

Why don't you?

>chad problems

cause shinji is a huge faggot, come on guys this isn't hard

Because he was afraid of getting close to people emotionally.

Court system

youtube.com/watch?v=XMpQ7Ycbhx8

>One turned out to be a reincarnation of his mother
Wrong. Rei is a clone of his mother, but with the soul of Lilith. Shinji's mother's soul is inside of his Eva Unit-01

Sneed's has a No Couples Policy.

why didn't he get a better chair?

He did.

So I just finished episode 17 (I'm the guy who's been saying that the influx of threads convinced to watch it - my first and likely only anime). I'm still enjoying it a lot; I find most of the characters have at least one trait that I just don't like but I still feel invested. Do things start clearing up somewhat? Like I no things get even more complex but do we start getting some answers as to like the origin and purpose of the angels and SEELE and stuff?

That chair was in his brain.

That's the exact point where it starts to get into the 2D4U bullshit. Watch the movie after you watch episodes 24 and 25 because those episodes are randomly flashing pictures with no animation since they ran out of budget.

I don't get it. Why didn't he just kill himself?

I plan to watch in release order. Is it really bullshit? What, for a frame of reference, would you also consider 2deep4u?

You shouldn't expect to get answers from the series. The show isn't about the Angels and SEELE, they're just a backdrop. It's about the main characters, what makes them tick, and how they can live in spite of their problems.

If you want answers to the plot mysteries of Eva, you'll probably have to do some Googling. Most of the answers you're looking for are only vaguely hinted at in the series, but more thoroughly explained in secondary material.

I'll never get over "Shinji = Spiral King" and "Geometry" at the very bottom.

Oh okay thats fine. I've probably read more than I should have so I know some things that haven't really been introduced in the show that now I want answers to. But I can put those aside. Do I at least find out more about Adam and the second impact? And if there are answers are the in EoE or in other stuff?

>HIkari is best girl
I was just thinking this today (ep 17). I really don't know who else it could be

what's wrong with fictional characters having negative traits?

I don't think you'll find much else out about Adam and 2nd Impact in the series. End of Evangelion also creates more questions than it gives answers, though certain answers can be found if you think about it for awhile.

Some people, especially on Sup Forums, shit on the Evageeks community, but they've compiled a lot of info on their wiki that answers most Eva related questions.

wiki.evageeks.org/Adam
wiki.evageeks.org/Second_Impact

Oh there's nothing wrong, nuance is nice. I just feel myself looking for like "best girl" or some other meme shit and I'm finding it hard. And I mean actually its just that I feel I can't relate that much, I think I'm watching this series a few years too late, but its not like that's necessary for the show to be good. It just might lesson emotion a little bit, that remains to be seen

you're kinda looking for the wrong things from the series, the mystery cult conspiracy and gnostic allusions are just there for texture and tone, to help with the pervasive anxiety and uncertainty that the series tries to express

I can't talk to people. I get really nervous and paranoid of anyone i judge to be my better in any way. Which is a lot of people.

Makes sense, thats what I was asking I guess, should I expect answers or just absorb the atmosphere. Now I know which approach to take. Just reading about so much of the lore gave me the notion that it was more present in the show and meant to be pieced together by the viewer

Anno was going through an emo phase.

yeah pretty much, they give you enough to get a sense of the larger picture but never its exact boundaries or form

>Why didn't he just go talk to her and get her phone number? Its not that hard bro lmao

>Which is a lot of people

Yeah ok

Only End is ambiguous. Teenage bloggers know jack shit about religious esoterica.

>he doesn't want a dysfunctional waifu with deep-seated emotional issues
get a load of this guy

desu I just don't find many people attractive, like 70% of girls are overweight. Also the program I'm in gets me transferred to another college in a year, so I don't really have any reason to start a relationship right now

it's not like he had the time to do so near the end of the series, and his autismo meters were off the charts by then. plus his harem was all fucked up:
>one is actually his mom, but only kind of and not really
>one is a cougar with daddy issues who is dead
>one is actually an angel and also dead and he killed him
>the only one left alive by the end, who is as fucked up as he is and also DTF, was almost choked out by him
shinji fucked up

I keep going back and forth.
>Misato is caring and hot
>She's also bitchy and slobby
>Rei is very respectable
>She's also damaged beyond what's probably and acceptable point
>Asuka is arrogant and playful and hot
>She's also immature and obnoxious

I can't decide which one is more acceptable, it kinda depends on the last thing they

He missed out of the patrician man's choice.

I’m too insecure to talk to the girl I like, what if she finds me repulsive?

Then you have the same mentality as Shinji.

>stealing your bro's girl
shinji would never, hikari too

>like 70% of girls are overweight
trips of truth

t. under 17 or legit autistic

Do people actually think one of the solutions for depression is a girlfriend? This is as stupid as people saying that they should just cheer up.

>immature
i mean she is like 13

Yeah I know but sexually and confidence wise she's way more out there
Okay so I'm not the only one that thinks this

>plus his harem was all fucked up:
Nah. Shinji was as normal as they came.

>a 13 year old trying to seduce a man in his 30's

literally what is her problem

I have friends and a social life, I can talk to girls too. It’s just that I’m 22 and I haven’t had any romantic experience and I’m afraid they may notice and look me down, so I just avoid it.

>tfw

youtube.com/watch?v=0AY27gLWhtM
is this, dare i say it, kino?

>crazy and dead mom
>distant father
>obsessed with the idea of being grown up and mature to quash down any vulnerability and open emotional wounds
>kaji is both father figure, boss and crush
all that plus not having anything close to a normal childhood due to being in the eva project since a very young age, and its practically a wonder she wasn't more fucked up

Quite common for teenagers to lust for older people.

better question. why didn't Kaiji smash that free 13 yr old pussy?

he loved misato

He still liked Misato.

he never stopped loving misato when they broke up

It didn't have anything to do with Misato. He didn't fuck Asuka because Kaji was a good and decent man. Perhaps the overall best person in Eva. He wouldn't take advantage of a young and broken girl like that.

This contrasts with Misato, who most definitely would take advantage of a broken and despondent child.

>she's way more out there
it's all an obvious act dog

Guy cant handle rejection, he has a deep instated insecurity from when his father left him as a boy.

Yeah that's true too I guess. It all has the same affect though. If it wasn't an act then I would want to take her a give her exactly what she's asking for; If it was then I would show her what she actually wants

I gave classes a few months ago for a middle school, and most of the girls where openly flirtatious towards me, being surrounded by a bunch of full developed teens does weird things to a man's head. It's kinda like hell.

>tfw in all my years on Sup Forums I am just now finding a shinji wojak
Thank you for this user, saved

kaworu was clearly the endgame

Literally this.

>masturbated to boobs
>gay
???

any time pal

why'd he die then

because shinji is not meant to have a happy ending

>implying anno won't come up with some excuse for him to be back in 3.0+1.0

lol nope. Things are gonna stop making any semblance of sense soon. But that's what I love about it. Feel free to laugh during them.

Fact:
Sup Forums eva threads >>>>>>>>>>>> Sup Forums eva threads

>Why didn't he just get a girlfriend?
he just couldnt be himself

its all just a way for her to try and look like (and convince herself) that she's emotionally independent. like kissing shinji, she has to gin up a pretense that both clearly shows she's not emotionally invested (because that would mean putting herself in a vulnerable position emotionally) and allows her to goad him into it intead of the risk of rejection that a genuine request entails.

which of course all backfires on her and she spirals down even more, but that's the nature of the beast

watch in release order, ignore that user. you need to see the rest of the original run of episodes to understand the context in which EOE was released

>Like I no things get even more complex but do we start getting some answers as to like the origin and purpose of the angels and SEELE and stuff?

Those answers exist online, but not in the tv show or movies. It took the creator years to finally answer it in an interview for a fucking video game

The problem is that everyone there is sick and tired of discussing eva for the trillionth time.

that's a pretty low bar

Sup Forums eva threads have long exhausted all discussion, making constant threads for 12 years is a terrible idea

He did. That was the problem.

>a depressed self-hating otaku made one of the most visually beautiful films ever made
How did he do it?

probably
gotta milk those fujobux somehow

Journey through depression had him experience all the feelings there are in a deeper way than your average joe.
The will and skill to put it on the screen, thats just magic.

>one of the most visually beautiful films ever made
don't talk about shit you don't know

Because his boyfriend is dead.

For those of you reading this thread - unless you hella depressed I suggest you pass on NGE. You're not going to appreciate it on an emotional level. Now go and live your relatively happy lives ok?

you shouldn't watch NGE if you're depressed because it just enables you to wallow in self pity which is very destructive behavior

Yeah probably true, that's how I was when I watched it about six years ago. Still, you'll get the most out of it in that state since it was made by a clear verge-of-insanity manic-depressed lunatic.

Does NGE have a lesson to it that can be learned?
>inb4 lol just be urself :^)
>haha just accept who u are

He should've just nutted up and fucked his alien angel teen aged mom been a real anime boy

Dante fucks a superpowered identical clone/reincarnation of his dead mom and you don't see that pizza eating cunt depressing his way into ending reality

lady > trish

which ending is less satisfying: EOE or twin peaks season 3?

Hey Shinji, shouldn't you be accidentally causing another impact right now instead of shitposting on Sup Forums

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

NGE stopped me from killing myself as I contemplated dropping out and becoming an otaku neet. I blame anno for showing me how to continue in this world.

Isn't his entire character centered around the fact that he's a beta faggot?

>EOE ending
>unsatisfying
Brainlet detected

Just curious, does there exist an eva variant of the "no way fag" pic?

It isn't that he is a beta faggot, it is just how any 14 year old boy who has been abandoned by his parents then pressganged into the military would act

I think he genuinely liked her, but also used her position to favor him in his search for the truth stuff, I mean, it was a huge play by him to get misato involved in the central dogma shit.