DUDE CURRENT EVENTS LMAO

DUDE CURRENT EVENTS LMAO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>It's an episode where Cartman makes a ridiculous assertion that upsets Kyle, who insists it can't possibly be true
>it turns out to be true
MY SIDES
SEND HELP

oh man yeah that one's my favorite

DUDE CYNICISM LMAO

DUDE WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T HILLARY WIN LMAO

I sure am glad Hillary won so we can keep being fed this thought-provoking counterculture by the comedy gods that Trey and Matt

>season 19 finally has a solid run again for the first time since early 2000s
>season 20 goes right back down the shitter
man i still love this show but how did you fuck that up

>take a two sided issue
>declare both sides equally stupid
>call it a day
Thanks for your biting social commentary, guys. You're really helping.

*enters your safe space*

>it's a Kenny literally hasn't been relevant for like five seasons now despite him being one of the most popular characters early on episode

Big reason that ruined the otherwise really good the Day After Tomorrow episode

>it's the season finale
>Stan finally appears for the first time in four episodes
>says a line and runs off and doesnt reappear

>Neutral opinions are bad now

Lol yeah man it's not like politics or global events have any influence or sway in your upper-middle class day to day life lol everything sucks just keep playing Pokemon and don't form any independent thoughts ok lol

>Trey Parker finds something to get butthurt about
>depicts the entire town liking this thing, because they're all idiots
>Kyle and Stan find out
>one of them gets caught up in the thing Trey hates while the other serves as a mouthpiece for Trey's opinions (usually Kyle)
>Everyone treats Kyle poorly even though he's right because the thing is bad, and Kyle is smarter than them all for not liking thing
>Trey's viewpoint is depicted as oppressed but cool in the face of adversity
>all his detractors are literally Randy
>at the end of the episode, Stan realizes he was wrong and that thing is fucking retarded and everyone who likes thing should kill themselves
>he gets a big speech set to ironic touching music
>the episode ends with some character making an idiotic remark, showing that other people just aren't smart enough to handle Trey Parker's logic bombs

And yet people think I hate this show because it offends me. It doesn't offend me. It just talks down to me in the least self aware way I've ever seen. It's as preachy as Family Guy, but has received none of the criticism.

I expect the episode dedicated to calling out my comment in 5-7 days.

It's less that neutrality is bad and more that Trey and Matt tend to act like they're so fucking above it all, like they think they're high class intellectuals who are so much better than those idiot peons who actually take sides in an issue.

This show hasn't effectively offended anyone since the 90s. That's some Emmy award winning writing you just posted there

>What's South Park Agnosticism?
Neutral opinions can be right but are not inherently right. That's why critical thinking is important. No simple philosophy can be successfully applied to every problem in life.

But hey, if you want to get your opinions from a show that defended the Invasion of Iraq, go for it.

The best part about all this is that they've barely taken any potshots at Islam since the episode where the US teamed up with Osama to kill guidos

These guys should go full Jew and name terrorists as terrorists or else they're pussies

>tfw The Losing Edge is still the best episode

did you miss Naughty Ninjas or is that not what youre talking about?

>hasn't effectively offended anyone since the 90s
I think Muslims beg to differ, but that wasn't my point. My point was that any criticism of the sacred cow South Park is shot down with "What, are you offended?"

No. I'm not offended. I'm just not entertained.

Also, Emmmy's aren't given for writing, unless if the writing is for a show. You're thinking of the Hugo award.

Didn't really go far enough for me desu. Besides, terrorism was just barely the focus of the episode and it goes out of its way to mock people who legitimately fear terrorism

I hear you, but I usually get the cry of "HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE SOUTH PARK??" as opposed to "You offended brah?"

Also I don't give a shit about awards shows where celebs jerk each other off but I learned something today

You put all your eggs in one basket, that's how. It wouldn't have bombed so hard if they played it safe and assumed either one could win. Granted, nobody legitimately expected Trump to win. But look at how they handled the 2012 elections with the Vote Or Die episode.

Not to mention having every episode lead off the other so directly meant the pacing was incredibly fucked. Several episodes of absolutely nothing happening.

vote or die was 2004

2012 was ballot stealing and STAR WARS IS FUCKED LMAO

Got the years mixed up. I haven't watched it in a long time.

So are Matt and Trey running out of Steam with Southpark?

YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR MERYL STREEP EXPLAIN WHY YOU'RE THE PROBLEM!?!

No, they were just experimenting with the past few seasons. When your show runs for 20+ years it's only natural to want to try something different with it.

Season 19 was the best season in a long time, so they're still going strong. Season 20 was just a fluke. Not every show is perfect.

Member berries have done more bad than good. I clicked on an article about Rick and Morty season 3 and I saw comment threads saying "Member Rick and Morty? Member Mr. Meeseeks?" Etc.

Rick and Morty is from 2014 for fucks sake. Every fucking comment thread for eternity is going to be full of memberberry comments.
Clearly. An election like this and they had nothing of value to say? I don't give a fuck who you voted for, if anyone. This election was like a cartoon. I guess every election gets called ridiculous, but I swear this one was something special. Every week brought a new "Binders full of women" controversy. But hey, there was a post 1983 Star Wars movie that wasn't very good. Let's spend an entire season talking about it.

>It's an episode where Cartman makes a ridiculous assertion that upsets Kyle, who insists it can't possibly be true
>it turns out to NOT be true
>but Cartman starts believing in his own bullshit
Jewpacabra was a pretty lame episode but I liked that dynamic.

no, you could maybe say yes from like season 12 up to 18, but 19 was baller. after 20 kinda fell on its face it seems we're going to switch things up a bit again, and it'll be interesting to see what 21 does.

i'm more game hype right now though regardless

>>season 19 finally has a solid run again for the first time since early 2000s
Wut. It was subpar compared to something like season 10-13

I kept up with the show for the past few seasons but I haven't watched Season 20 yet.
Is it shit?

Thing is they don't actually do that, they just mock ideas from both side of the false dichotomy of politics, but they're fairlyclear about which side they stand on most issues.
Here are a couple of South Park messages.
>Homos are okay
>Harley drivers are fags
>Climate change isn't real/Gore is an attention-whore
>People should be allowed to smoke/anti-tobacco people are cunts
>NSA is a necessary evil

Probably the worst season in the entire series. And that's saying something. Especially coming hot off the heels of Season 19, which was ass-kicking good.

Nothing wrong with that. Just don't plot a whole season on an outcome that isn't guaranteed.

And go back to one-shots. I know its easier for you not to, but please.

What the fuck is this post even.
Having a neutral opinion about something doesn't mean you don't care about anything or haven't formed that opinion yourself.

Yeah, kinda. Easily in the bottom three seasons. Nothing in it is overly bad, but the premise of the entire thing runs its course by episode 3 and then you sit through a trainwreck for seven more episodes so overall the quality is super low.

But it's not like something like season 15 where there's four actual awful episodes but the rest is good enough it floats in the middle of the pack.

I actually liked that one, dumb as it may be. The Jew gold subplot of Day After Tomorrow is what I had in mind, but I feel like I've seen that formula used to the point that it's become a crutch.

Not like formulas are inherently bad. I love Curb Your Enthusiasm, the most formulaic show ever made. It just happens to make me laugh every episode, not every several episodes.

>It's as preachy as Family Guy
It's way fucking more preachy than Family Guy.

>I expect the episode dedicated to calling out my comment in 5-7 days.
They joked about them being preachy in Cartoon Wars, and sort of agreed with it.

Only retards watch South Park for its messages, and despite how hard they hit you with it, some people manage to still misunderstand them.

>a show that defended the Invasion of Iraq
Don't you mean Afghanistan?
Or do you mean that 100th episode about country, rock n roll and muh founding fathers, because I don't think the idea was defending the war on Iraq.

This is my first thread in two years and I'm dumbfounded you're still around. Still relevant:
youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

Because usually informing yourself leads to taking a harder stance one way or another and neutrals are being tricked into thinking they're informed without actually giving enough of a shit about contemporary issues. The media is trying to make a generation of apathetic anti-patriots who are convinced they have no power and cannot change anything by making them think everything is awful no matter what side you belong to

Yeah, that's right. I'm no Al Gore fanboy but it's extremely annoying how hard they went after him, then continued to do so even after he was proven right. I don't think they have a conservative agenda but there are far right think tanks working hard to drag him down, and they just unwittingly perpetuated this agenda better than any AM radio show host could.

Welcome back.

>I know its easier for you not to
Is it? If anything the last season proved they're more comfortable with the old format.
The thing is, they're bored, they probably got bored years ago. Really it's a testament to their talent that the show hasn't turned worse than it has.

>nobody legitimately expected Trump to win.
a lot did actually, just not the media or rather they hope to beat you into submission.

>way more preachy than Family Guy
Yeah, it is, but if I said that then people would call me a family guy fanboy and then there would be no discussion. Disclaimer: not a family guy fan.
My bad, I was thinking of Team America. Same creator, but a different work. Disregard my comment.

It was a paper thin premise that could maybe fill three episodes stretched across an entire season, and then the entire thing got fucked super royal because they put literally everything in Hilldog winning, so the episode set after the election is straight up pants on head retarded as a result, and everything after it is a disjointed and padded mess.

The jokes aren't funny, there's no real commentary, it's just a random string of events of a thing that was supposed to swing one way, and then swung away.

Well, I'm basing it off that 'Six Days to Air' special they played a few years ago. They literally start from scratch every Thursday/Friday, and getting an episode done in six days is Hell for them. Now granted, they haven't officially said so, but ya gotta imagine that having an overarching plot already mapped out has to relieve at least a little of the stress.

I never got the appeal of most of these show like I feel once I've a seen one episode I've seen everything

why do people keep saying trey/matt seem bored

if they were bored they would stop saying they want to keep going until comedy central forces them to stop

hell they even lampooned people that went crazy between YGO and Ass Burgers in the commentary for those episodes for saying they were a metaphor for them getting tired of the show

>how hard they went after him
Al Gore is a pretty nutty person, if you grew up with the Clinton presidency it was pretty clear Gore was an attention whore. The guy was unstable and is half the reason PC crap happen.

It actually is that bad, you just aren't allowed to admit it yet. Remember the awkward period right after Phantom Menace when everyone pretended that it was the best thing ever? Then the opinion changed to "I mean, it has its faults". And now it's, ah, you know.

>I'm no Al Gore fanboy but it's extremely annoying how hard they went after him
Why? Off the top of my head it was 3 episodes he was in and none of them were all that hard on him. They railed Tom Cruze harder.

The creators of this show are just a bunch of anarchist faggots pretending to make humor when it's literally now pure status quo propaganda with their disgusting both sides are wrong mentality, they are not part of a counterculture or some shit, just rich people wanting to be relevant again and being on the side of massmedias and political correctness, even if they pretend thé reverse.

that's literally everyone in existence ever.

>Because usually informing yourself leads to taking a harder stance one way or another
Any evidence for that or is that your personal view?
I see more the other side of that coin: I feel like the more you inform yourself (earnestly) the harder it is to take a stance on something.

I used to care a lot about current events when I was in my early 20s, I think I've grown more apathetic BECAUSE I cared and because I've informed myself.

"Picking sides" intellectually isn't about winning, about impacting things, it's about reason. If it's not reasonable for me to take a side I'm not going to force myself just because it makes that opinion more potent. That's belief.
And belief is useful, as you said to change things, or in general to be active with your life, but it's not necessarily reasonable or right.

Voltaire said it best: doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

Trey made his self-insert a depressed alcoholic, screwed his friendship with Matt's self-insert and continues to damage it, and in the most recent season made him absent for multiple episodes and irrelevant for the whole thing.

Why are Trey and Matt lying to themselves?

On the other hand the old Six Days system leaves them about 30 weeks per year of not giving one shit about South Park.

Tom Cruise promotes what is essentially a cult that out right abuses its members and extorts money out of them, Al Gore was telling people about climate change. They treat him like he's trying to scare people about something that won't affect them when it most certainly will and they chalk it all up to him not becoming president.

So does the new way, I assume.

Al Gore seems more like the real life Principal Skinner to me. Given that he was one of the prominent progressives of his time, you could say he's a precursor to the SJWs of today, but I wouldn't blame him specifically. After all, he is a FUCKING WHITE MALE. I guess he's nutty in that regard, but compared to the Shaun Kings of the world today I can't consider him extreme.

But they didn't attack him for being some whiny liberal faggot who wants to depict George Washington as a pansexual black woman. They attacked him for exaggerating global warming. It's just embarrassing how eager they are to form such an extreme opinion based on not knowing the facts.

And I don't feel bad for Al Gore, but now we have a bunch of libertarian milennials who equate global warming with man bear pig. The whole "three halves" joke was already old at that point, anyways.

>Remember the awkward period right after Phantom Menace when everyone pretended that it was the best thing ever
Not really because I genuinely liked it, but I was 13. I also liked Dawson's Creek so that's not really a good measurment.
I hated both 2 and 3 though.

I just think it could be worse, I didn't say it was all it used to be, but it still has some chuckles here and there and still some of the best original songs on TV.

>anarchist
>pure status quo propaganda
wew lad, that's not even the first half of that running sentence and you already make no sense.
Put down the phone and go back to work, Pierre.

Yes but for some reasons Trey believe his social commentaries with these awesome useless neutral opinion which are actually often anarchism/Libertarism in disguise are pure gole and more more important than the whole humor of the show, even the fans want more, and more but still pretend it's humor and the show is not political.

Also sincerely, of course they are on the same side than Clinton and the general télévision forced opinion, because they are rich, famous and don't gives a shit about problems of the society now, because they could easily save their asses and know their show became total bullshit since a long times.

>tfw to smart to choose sides
Better finish off my post with a quote from Voltaire, that'll show him

Libertarians are basically anarchist pretending to be other thing, in fact they probably force this image on them to looks cool on the eyes of the youth, open to everyones from every milieu, like every artists, money is basically the reason of why artists are often leftists, anarchists or some hippie tier stuff.

DUDE STORY ARCS LMAO

Too bad you made the "I'm so smart I always pick sides" argument first.
>that'll show him
This isn't a competition, friend.

>anarchist
>pure status quo
lad, stop and think

S19 was the fluke

Anarchy is an absence of others telling you what to do, you can have your own status quo in an anarchy

>libertarians are basically anarchists

How many fucking times does this have to be repeated?
libertarians ARE NOT anarchists

Libertarians are Republicans, so it's close enough

I liked it too, user. I still like it. I know Jar Jar is awful and Anakin has a lot of shitty lines, but I get fucking pumped when I see Qui Gonn melt that door and the droideka show up and-

Anyhow, this is all irrelevant. Just wanted to tell you that you're not alone.

>serialized but episode still have their own things going on that just relate to the overall theme somehow
>is the fluke instead of "shit what can we do this week? eh lets just change up last week a bit"
ok

>Too bad you made the "I'm so smart I always pick sides" argument first.
But I didn't

>This isn't a competition, friend.
That terminology doesn't necessarily apply to direct competition. You're still trying to construct a convincing argument for why apathy in a society where common people have less and less control is an acceptable choice. You could chalk up people following politics to being trapped in a dualistic system and are being tricked into believing they have power, but humans are inherently tribal and feel comfortable when they're a part of a cause they agree with. Obviously, viewpoints are viewpoints and there is no "right" choice, but a dualistic choice is better than taking yourself out of the equation altogether under the guise of being too informed and above the issues people on each side care about.

You know this pseudo-anarchist mentality is just some tool to be cool, they are not the kind of anarchists who live with no laws and shit like this but the kind of being leftists because it's "emotionally good" to be progressive.
For exemple, i noticed since the beginning of this show they completly force being bro-tier with black people even if they attacked them on a subtle way sometimes.
This is another strategy to fit good with every kind of audiences, because cash'n asses.

So now i really hardly believe Trey & Matt still really care about social issues.

I always thought the Droidekas were the coolest fucking thing in Star Wars ever. I still do.

I mean, it was a fluke because it was good unlike past (and next) seasons

Fuck it, I'll say it: Phantom Menace has a lot of my favorite moments in Star Wars. It just has a lot of terrible moments that make me reluctant to bring it up.

But come on, why do people pretend to hate the podrace? It's amazing how long it goes on without any music while still being entertaining.

And I agree! II and III had no heart. I didn't have enough brains, but it did have heart. Padme was also a badass in that one and not just a chick with the lowest standards in the universe.

Ah, gotcha.

Even then though, SoT 17 and 18 were obviously climbing but just not there yet

DUDE SHITPOSTING LMAO

>tfw non-Sup Forums south park thread never

Haven't you heard, user?
There is no grey area, anyone who thinks there is is just a cuck.