The death of Amazing Spider-Man RYV

Clap. Clap. Clap.
Brava, Sup Forums. Brava
We literally had the best Spider-Man book of the century. We literally had a book where Peter was happy and married to MJ and they have a daughter.

And none of you lazy racist neckbeards bought it. We literally have the greatest Spidey book of all time, an none of you can put your money where your mouth is.

And now Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows is cancelled.

I never want to hear ANY of you complaining about Miles or Slott. You literally HAVE NO RIGHT to complain about Miles or Slott. At least Miles's and Slott's fanbases buy their books. You are literally not allowed to complain about Marvel's quality.

So brava, Sup Forums. Brava. You got a Good Book Cancelled. So much for making Spider-Man Amazing Again. So much for more good Marvel books.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/89186035/#89186035
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-12.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Spider-Man Renew Your Vows is cancelled.
Source then

This is basically how Sup Forums behaves about pretty everything.

> Why don't companies make things that pander to ME?
> so user, what did you buy last wednesday?
> oh, I download all my comics.

It sells like trash and keeps plummeting in sales.

IT'S BRAVO YOU FUCKING TWAT
B-R-A-V-O

Oh look. It's you again. Ready to make another tantrum, autist? Also:
>Mayday > Anime

It was shit and those suits were hilariously awful.

Quit making threads unless you have a source faggot

Let's be real here user. Renew Your Vows was a stealth-mini from the get-go.

No source then?

Slott is trash and it's still better that this shit, cry more

Call me when Superior Spiderman comes back. Then I'll buy the best SM book of the century.

Brava is the femine version. Because Sup Forums is made up of pussies who can't support good comics. Badumtish.

>look mom, I posted it again

If you want people to notice this series, this is a terrible way to go about it.

Comics need high sales to be cancelled. It sells terribly physically and digitally.

It's dead.

Does it matter? It's not like you or the rest of Sup Forums are going to suddenly change and get off your asses and go buy good comics at your LCS.

Say what you will about Batfags, at least they BUY their books.

*Mic Drop*

PATATAS BRAVAS

If that were true, Marvel and DC would be the only two companies to produce comics and would only have 3 titles apiece that lasted beyond six issues.

Until I see a Final Issue for RYV I'm inclined to believe that Super Sons will get canceled before it does.

Both will be cancelled. RYV will probably get 12 issues at most. SS will get 10 issues.

I like the premise. Can't say I liked the execution

FUCK ANNIE MAY
MAYDAY BEST SPIDER-DAUGHTER

Go to bed, Otto.

No source, this is copy pasta

this comic sucked anyway lol

Hey Boco, what's the scourge?

BS aside, this DID just remind me that I need to pick up Amazing Spider-man RYV. I also think I will pick up the new Spider-man/Deadpool as I really want to support a decent story and Marvel finally undoing OMD.

Imagine if those two comics outsold all their others? Marvel/Disney would probably cave in and make RYV the main Spider-man and force it down Bendis' throat because it sells better.

Agreed, it was fucking shit. Spider-fags have no taste.

nigger lol

Nice new tripcode for me to filter.

>MJ in costume
its stupid
its really stupid
just bring back Mayday and MC2 this is fucking stuipd

>bat book getting 10 issues
dream on. if gotham academy still lives then SS will be fine.

What's that, a non-existent post? Thanks for sharing, fellow Sup Forumsmrade! Dumbass.

They are almost as bad as batfags.

That will teach you not to make threads, fatso.

What thread? The fuck are you even talking about, you idiot?

>implying Sup Forums is all of Marvel's readerbase

>We literally had the best Spider-Man book of the century

Renew Your Vows is boring shit. If I knew Peter was going to give his daughter such a retarded name then OMD would never have pissed me off

I thought it was just a 4 part mini anyway

Who cares? It's a poor mans Lois and Clark anyway and Lois and Clark was never that great

Superman does it better.

I do buy good comics. Why would I buy Renew your vows?

Supercan where Spider-Can't lol

Here, fat ass.
desuarchive.org/co/thread/89186035/#89186035

That wasn't me.

>Until I see a Final Issue for RYV I'm inclined to believe that Super Sons will get canceled before it does.

I wouldn't be so sure. DC hasn't cancelled a single rebirth book yet while Marvel cancelled a whole bunch of Nower before their 3rd issues even came out

Because its the best Marvel comic of the decade. HEllOOOOOOOOO.

Sure, sure. And yet you got that mad, Nebraska scum.

He's got a point user, issue 2 only sold 40kish, the 50% drop from issue 1 is usual but the first issue sold less than expected I guess
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-12.html

>all this contrarian hating of RYV
I liked it. Snail's pace but character wise miles ahead of current 616 Spider-Man. I think the mistake was selling it as Lois & Clark when it's actually about the whole family and more akin to current Superdad shenanigans

Must be why I have no Marvel in my pull

I don't give a fuck who is writing the book, all sales on Spiderman are attributed to the main line that Slott is still writing.

Until Slott gets taken off Spiderman I will not support the IP in any way.

I think most of Sup Forums shares that sentiment.

Fuck you, bitch-ass piece of rancid putrid shit!! I hope you get raped by a dog with AIDS!!!

>>all this contrarian hating of RYV

Just because you like it doesn't mean it's contrarian to not like it. Stop being so precious. Like you said It's trying to be like the current Superman book but without putting the work in they did with Lois and Clark. Its completely undeserved and I have no reason to care about Anime

Dude, what's up with you? Did someone laugh at your MLP collection?

>Just because you like it doesn't mean it's contrarian to not like it. Stop being so precious.
Literally every review I've found rates it 4/5 stars, 8/10 onwards. Everyone's entitled to dislike it if that's a genuine sentiment. I'm just dubious about most of the hate being focused here.

Here comes the shill, ready to earn his cent.

Spider-cucks BTFO
>Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows 1 96,111
>Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows 2 43,128

BUT I DID FUCKING BUY IT I BOUGHT THE FUCKING VARIANT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>calling me a shill
That's a first. They don't even sell comics where I Iive anymore. Or maybe they do, but the last one I saw was a 90s Hulk trade. I'd have bought RYV if it ever arrived and I had the money for it, alas it was not to be.

>That's a first
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure it is.
For free or for a fee?

POTATOES!
P-O-T-A-T-O-E-S!

You're baiting me, but I'm wasting so much time today that who cares... here's your reply.

For free then. Sad!

I'm still waiting for the trade does that make me the bad guy here?

It's the lazy conundrum. You see it with vidya too, fighting games especially. Everyone bitches about how Street Fighter V is trash so other games like KoF come along that are good, well-made games and everyone goes "well there's no point because nobody will play it" so they don't play it and because of this it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy while they continue playing the game they hate.

Same shit with comics. People bitch about Slott, say they want a married Spider-Man, then don't bother buying the book that gives them what they want because they convince themselves nobody else will buy it and it's doomed from the beginning but they'll sure as shit keep buying ASM so they can autistically screech about how mad they are.

>RYV will probably get 12 issues at most.
It's a modern Marvel book, it was always going to get 12 issues at most.

Surely not any sadder than your attempts at making "fun" of me for disagreeing with your opinion?

It was boring. More Mayday pls.

>not filtering the brony

I legitimately hate Maydayfags; this will be the second or time they've killed a teen/young female Spider-Man character due to NOT MUH bullshit.

I just don't see what's to like about it. Nothing interesting is happening and the family seems incredibly obnoxious. If you like it that's also fine man but review sites were also favorable of Champions

The problem with RYV is that I'm seeing no other reason to buy it than "The marriage is back!" and that's not reason enough for me to drop money on something. It also has to be interesting in it's own right

>this will be the second or time they've killed a teen/young female Spider-Man character due to NOT MUH bullshit.

What was the first?

Yeah, no, fuck Marvel. You don't devote your entire company to blackwashing every hero you've got and pissing on the entire fanbase in the hopes of attracting fat blue haired Tumblrites and then bitch the rest of us out for not devouring the one fucking bone you threw us. Fuck you. Fuck Marvel. Fuck Spider-man. Fuck the marriage. I hope the book is cancelled and the character is permanently replaced by a black ghetto tranny with vitiglio or some shit.

>reason
It's a nice book starring characters that all have a unique voice and a fairly good dynamic with one another that seems overall positive instead of the needlessly bleak garbage where everyone's an asshole which is something fans have been bitching about wanting for years. It also has nice art.

What other reason is there? That it's not "important"? Christ this shit pisses me off. It's not even about this book specifically, people bitch about what they want then don't support it while throwing money at all the stuff they supposedly hate like Slott Spider-Man, evens, Bendis books and Deadpool vs. Newspaper Comic Strips or whatever the fuck. You get what you deserve and are the reason Marvel can continually get away with putting out low effort garbage.

>That it's not "important"? Christ this shit pisses me off. It's not even about this book

You're putting words in my mouth and getting angry about it

>It's a nice book starring characters that all have a unique voice and a fairly good dynamic

Unique? They all the same style of obnoxious cunt. They're all so perfect that it's sickening

Anya

Spider-Girl sold like shit and Marvel was always looking to cancel it but the fans would go into fits any time that happened until Marvel backed off. Then they decided to make a 616 Spider-Girl and came up with Anya Corazon while cancelling Mayday's (again, low selling) book at the same time. The Mayday fags, of course, started throwing an autistic tantrum until Marvel backed down, changed Anya's codename to AraƱa and then relaunched Mayday's book (and then DeFalco passive aggressively had an adult Anya show up in Spider-Girl acting like a cunt and swapping bodies with Mayday thus "stealing" her position as Spider-Girl).

So much fucking agreement right now.

Also a super powered MJ is dumb as shit.

Samefag but "hurr durr Anya's still around"; the character never really recovered from that and was basically shunted off into small supporting roles every so often right afterwards until after Grim Hunt and surprise surprise, Mayday fags threw a fit when she officially became Spider-Girl with Mayday's series ending again (this time for good) around the same time. Of course that had a bunch of other problems with the book that killed it too but there was a lot of longstanding ill will towards the character thanks to her conception that's always tainted her.

But that's Loki

I'm a Maydayfag and I'd love another series by DeFalco, but I'm buying and enjoying this series. I get the feeling some people are bitter because Slott ruined Mayday and her family shortly before introducing his own daughter of Spider-Man that went on to appear in an ongoing series.

was excited for this, then first issue had a Kate Leth backup in it. Thats a paddlin'.

She debuted as Arana. If I'm not mistaken, Quesada wanted DeFalco to change Mayday's name to Spider-Woman so that people wouldn't get mixed up when Anya's name was eventually changed to Spider-Girl.

>Of course that had a bunch of other problems with the book that killed it too
I'd say that was THE main reason that killed the book. I was keeping up with it and I was interested in seeing where she'd go as the new Spider-Girl from Grim Hunt onwards.

It was just absolutely drab and uninteresting.

>Sup Forums is the entire comic buying public in the US
>there are enough people on Sup Forums alone to buy 30k copies or whatever the fuck is the number above the cancellation threshold of a comic every month

Either way, I remember a lot of butthurt from the Mayday fans at the time. Imagine the Stephgirl fans except with more "holding an eternal grudge" and less "mailing waffles to DC like a bunch of retards".

It's literally Mary Jane's aunt's name.

> the "lmao it's only one copy, it doesn't matter!!!" meme

most anons don't buy anything period so even if the book gets canned, they can't even say they supported it

I haven't read it because I thought the costumes looked like shit.

>That means it isn't shit!

>BUY WHAT I WANT YOU TO BUY EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT! MY TASTE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOURS! ME! ME MEEEEEEE!!!!

Fuck off

>the best Spider-Man book of the century.
nah
>We literally had a book where Peter was happy and married to MJ and they have a daughter.
well its been done, innit?
> We literally have the greatest Spidey book of all time
jack shit had happened. At least MC2 had actual pacing.
>You literally HAVE NO RIGHT to complain about Miles or Slott.
Bendis is and always has been the biggest thing holding Miles back. There's a good character in there. As for Slott, he made Annie-May. Everyone who didn't buy RYV was denying Slott money.

>Annie-May
Anna Maria, you mean.

How? How did Mayday fags kill this book? It's not our fault you can't support one yourself. We're not gonna by a shitty book to make your whiny ass happy.

I don't complain about any of that shit anymore though. I have long since given up on Spider-Man and any other Marvel comics. A cheap pandering comic showing me how things should have been is not going to make start caring again after years and years of bullshit. All Marvel is now is a place to farm IPs for movies, shows and games, it is no longer a company to go to if you actually like to read comics.

No, Slott created Annie-May.

> that reading comprehension

lmao, are you mad, user?

The point is that if you don't buy things you DO like, you don't have the right to complain when more doesn't get made.

I do buy things I like. I can't wait for RYV to get cancelled