Okay guys, I'm going to try my hand at storytiming a comic over the next few days...

Okay guys, I'm going to try my hand at storytiming a comic over the next few days. This is the Wheel of Time: Eye of the World by Robert Jordan #1-5.

The inker throughout this comic is pretty fantastic

Sadly this series only had two of its books turned into a comic series, I really wish dynamite would pick it back up.

I believe this little introduction is actually written by Dixon, I don't remember it from the book.

Thank you

Wheel of time fan? If that's so now I know of at least 4 of us haha

>Talking about being rewarded by a witch
Foolish talk boy

>Wheel of time fan? If that's so now I know of at least 4 of us haha
This

This comic works very well with Jordan's overly descriptive style of writing, the pages of it get transformed into artwork. And most of it looks great too, but be warned, there were a team of rotating artists on this title as it was being published

I found out about this series back in High school when I was still reading Forgotten Realms books, imagine my surprise when I found out that they had a few comics.

who do you waifu? Don't act like you dont, it's shameful and we all do it. Best just admit it.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind some comics detailing the adventures and crazy ass history that the world is based in. Could be a lot of fun.

So, 10 pages in, what do you guys think thus far?

Oh boy the Wheel of Time in comic format? that's a pleasant surprise. (the other day I saw in my local library comic books of the Dark Tower and Song of Ice and Fire)

I have a friend who is a huge Dark Tower fan, but he seems to hate the comic for switching stuff around. I, personally, haven't read either, but I am intending to some day.

And this is the end of Dixon's introduction and onto the first few pages of the book.

Can plebs, that only contact with WoT was the 1999 pc game, stay?

I had no idea about the pc game, of course you can stay, please, tell us more of this pc game. I only ever lifted a few things from the /tg/ Wot game and added it into my own homebrewed game of dnd

Too bad the Pilot episode couldn't have looked like this l. Billy Zane was wasted there.

When I say PC game about WoT you might think it's kind like an RPG like Baldur's gate or maybe Planescape isn't? well WoT is nothing like that.
WoT (1999) is a FPS, shit is close of a Quake or even Doom but instead of weapons or fantasy weapons you gotta use relics that are empowered with magic. from relics made for dishing plain damage to give support to swim underwater or walk around fire. i had a blast with it.

Now that's true evil, fixing someone's shattered mind just so you can watch them suffer as they understand their actions.

That sounds crazy haha, did you play as an Aei Sedai? (I always spell that wrong, damn witches). Did you encounter any characters from the books? Or just a bunch of OCs?

I've heard it was a great game that was overshadowed by HALO.

That face you make when your whole party is killed by your AoE.

they actually made comics about the books ? nice

I guess realizing that you killed your wife, your kids, and all of your loyal subjects would drive any man to want to brake the world. Sad that Lewis actually had the power to do so..

Just two of them, Eye of the world got 30+ issues (yeah, this is going to be a long storytime) and New Spring which was a mini.

How decompressed is it? The books are fucking terrible about it and should have been 1/2 the size of what they were

This is great and i'm glad you're storytiming this

Here it says that you play as an Aei Sedai, an OC and record keeper of the White Tower. I don't know reallt about any cameos since I have little idea about the world of WoT but I visited a lot of weird places even like a shadow like world where supposedly was the prision of the Dark one.

Shame indeed but look it by the brigth side, as much painful it might get WoT will remain as a gem and without falling into the abyss that's the IP prostitution.

Now if you folks don't mind, I'm going to take a moment to smoke my pipe andbi'll get right back to it.
The fact that it has artwork cuts the descriptions down by a TON. It's very well done I believe, it doesn't cut out a whole lot, but enough.
I am glad you are enjoying it user!
Sounds pretty cool, wish I hadn't missed it.

>Sounds pretty cool, wish I hadn't missed it.
well. what's stoping you from pirate that shit? I used to play a lot of old games just because I only have a shitty pc and i took my time to look and discover unknown games such as WoT (and also Clive Barker : Undying)

To further answer you question, just take a look at the next few pages, and you'll see how well the art cuts down on the bulk of the books.
I may just do that later, but I'm currently balls deep in my play through of Dark Souls 1 through 3.

I just started with From the Two Rivers, didn't know that has comics, the book is fun but a bit slow IMO

>fun but slow
Oh yeah, I know that feel, sadly it's only the first book and the prequel book

That had comics made from them, I mentioned add to

Rand's face in that last panel

Books 7-9 (i may have the numbers wrong cause it was a while) are fucking terrible. Nothing happens. Rand sits on his ass and no one does anything.

Coukd never finish the series. Peaked at book 5...the one in the desert. After that there was no point in reading

So this comic only covers the first book and book 0 and with that it made around 30~ numbers? This is gonna be fun.

also it worth to read the books? I mean around 800~1000 pages per book sure it scares to anyone, also since the author passed away...

I stopped reading at book 7, just never found the books any place after 6.
The actual books, up to the point where I stopped, were pretty good, if a bit wordy and filled with chapters dedicated to characters I didn't care about (The Whitecloaks).

There is that face again. Rand better hope they don't put his profile on a coin at some point

You know you're a level 1 character when common animals are able to dodge your attacks.

This page bothers me a bit, I know that Rand is very tall for his age and all, but I feel like the way they drew Moraine here makes her look like a midget, she should have been a tad bit taller here.

qt. and yet I kinda feel sorry for them because I got the impression something bad happens wherever anyone get close of her.

You're not wrong, but you're not exactly right either

And thus we reach the end of issue 1 and move onto 1.5 and the page count pre issue drops to around 20+ an issue.

What do you guy think so far? Pros, Cons, comments? Let's get talking while I load up the next issue.

Oh yes, here we go continuing along in our story

I'm interested.
the drawing for people are often odd but serviceable.
I didn't get much of the first part with the Dragon going insane and such but I guess that's knowledge from the book.

It gets referenced a lot in the books, anytime someone mentions The Breaking of the World, that is what they are talking about.

It becomes more significant the farther you get into the series. The first book is filled with moments like that.

oh I can feel how it's strating to picking up.

Moraine is friggin' tiny. She's a Carheinan, the manlet nation.

You got me there user.

The proportions in that pic were off though.

Back when I read the books as a wee lad, I had a thing for Moraine. She was my waifu. I actually cried when she 'died'.

>spoiler
FURK YOU

>Waifuing Moraine
I guess it's only fitting that I Waifued Lanfear and also shed a tear at their 'deaths'

It's a spoiler dude. It was blacked out for a reason.

Nynaeve taught me what a tsundere was long before I saw Evangelion.

>raging over a spoiler
Aww, sorry user haha, but it was blacked for a reason.

Also, it's time for Queen Fucker Thom!

How can you waifu anybody in a book when all of the women are the exact same character with different names?

The only thing that separates any of them is cultural quirks.

She was great, best of the Two Rivers girls.
You're kidding right?

How can you NOT love this dude?

And now we reach the end of issue 1.5 after a short intermission we'll begin issue 2 wherein the daylight fades away and darkness blankets the two rivers. Darkness and something more.

Absolutely not. They are all the exact same minus one or two quirks.

Nynaeve tugs her braid
Avienda has Toh
Everybody channels (except Min)

Rand has three wives and their personalities are nearly identical. And all three of them are barely distinguishable from Perrin's wife Failie.

The most unique female characters in the series are either older ones like Moraine and half the Aes Sedai or Tuon.

Min is best girl though. I have a cat named after her.

Matt is best guy

Spoiler for people who might want to read the book Lanfear was scarey as fuck, the only of the 13 Forsaken that the Dark One couldn't control. Her constantly showing up in Rand's dreams trying to seduce him, and even when she died she suddenly flared up with more anger and emotion than most other characters that we had seen at the time. I might just have a thing for female antagonists though

And you're very right about Mat