So what's the deal with pic?

So what's the deal with pic?
I've never actually laughed or even exhaled mirthfully while watching but it's not really bad.
Is it the white noise of cartoon comedy?

its more of a western anime than a western animated comedy

>DUDE LE DRUNK ROBOT XD
It was pure reddit trash

Bite my shiny metal ass

Not a lot of good jokes, but a lot of good plots

It was the closest we got to having a show in the 2000's that was like The Simpsons was in the 90's. Consequentially it hasn't aged all that well. I never found it that funny either though, tbqh.

It's literally older than reddit.

Seasons 1-5 are still amazing.

Oh God, do you ever have an opinion that isn't said in memes?

Pro: No sneed
Con: No sneed

It's Boomer humor

>mexican robot is a criminal and alcoholic
how is that reddit

He doesn't.

Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head. The jokes aren't laugh out loud but it's still humorous and the plots are typically pretty interesting

Early 2000s Rick & Morty Tbh

man Matt Groening used to have an edge

No one ever gave Futurama the creddit it deserves. As opposed to Rick and Morty, it's legit smart, not in a pretentious way, but the writers knlow what they were doing. It's not for everybody, but unlike RnM, it's an actually good scifi comedy.

This, it didn't pretend to be smart, a lot of the jokes were about how dumb the sci-fi premises were and yet they had a bunch of subtle science/maths jokes that only a few people would get and yet unlike Rick & Morty which would point that out and talk down to their audience, Futurama just left it there or had it in the background. Which is one of the reasons why it will always be the superior show.

The idea that Futurama's science/math jokes make it "smart" is stupid.

it's an epic scifi drama you fucking pleb

what said, it's a basic comedy premise with a lick of sci-fi paint, aside from a handful of good episodes, some likeable characters and rare moments/jokes that actually works and isn't a celeb reference it isn't "smart" at all.

I never implied that was the only thing that made it smart, but ok

show was pretty racist

I didn't say it made the show smart lol, I'm just saying it had clever writers.

>only two female characters
>one is an airheaded asian slut
>the other is a "strong" female with bad hygiene and a literal freak

>do a flip

>let us pray
>can we do something that actually helps?

>I hope he didn't die, unless he left me a note leaving me as his successor, then I hope he did die.

>for one brief moment, I felt the heartbeat of the creation and it was one with my own
>we all feel like that all the time!

Futurama is full of not only great quotables (though I paraphrased them), but also funny visual gags, and actual "smart" jokes that some people wouldn't get.

>wasted an entire episode about le god is real but acts in way you wouldn't know he does
Nah

Wouldn't know he does what user?

God is real and doesn't make it blatantly obvious through intervention in people's lives. What's wrong there?

act
he is not real and this is a sci-fi show

I agree its like late season simpsons, same people who love futurama love rick and morty

what?! That episode was awesome. Godfellas, no?

t. PICKLE RIIIIICK

Think of the more edgy Simpsons with a scifi theme.
Still better than Pickle Rick, though

Favorite episode go

>more of a western anime
It isn't. Looks nothing like one.

>inb4 luck of the fryiiish and sad dog story
how about the coffe episode?

That episode is completely carried by Fry

>Out of my way, I'm a Marine Biologist

I liked the episodes with Fry and the giant brains

The Sting

Futurestock.

Amazon women in the mood

jurassic bark is so overrated

dude ur on Sup Forums. you only laugh at beheading videos or sjw's getting punched and stuff remember?

Come on Lasty!

It's probably the least laugh out loud funny of all the popular cartoon comedies but the writing and the plots were fantastic.

I never really watched it expecting to laugh every other minute.

Who /schlee/ and /schlim/?

Zap Brannigan is hilarious, I always liked the bit where he and Kif were homeless and on the streets.

>people don't always end up like their parents, I mean look at me, my parents were honest hard-working people.

I'll never forget that one.

Well, it was written by people with PhDs and degrees in things other than women's studies.