*blocks your path*

*blocks your path*
*has long, unsubtitled conversation in Spanish*

where did you watch it that it didnt have subtitles?
The spanish voicework for breaking bad was excellent by the way

Don't speak Spanish well enough, but I've heard it complained about (since almost none of the "latino" character's actors actually speak Spanish)

>he needs subtitles

This ep was fucking goat and way better than anything in season 5, INCLUDING Ozymandias.

EL JUSTO

I speak it fluently and I really cant imagine someone saying anything bad about the spanish voices

Gus' was a little phoned in but believable enough

Have you seen the Colombian remake of Breaking Bad?

I've searched for a torrent but can't find, and it's not on Canadian Netflix. I want to watch it to improve my Spanish (since I'll know exactly what they're saying anyway from watching Breaking Bad)

Why would you put "latino" in quotes? The actor who plays Gus Fring is straight outta south america

why would you wanna watch that?

LAST CHENS HECTOHR

lmao get a load of this gringo

It aired on spanish televisiĆ³n networks but it flopped and got cancelled early. Maybe because it was released too soon?

>Jesse Pinkman is Jose Rosas

>Inb4 autists bitch about him adjusting his tie before dying

Because I can watch it in Spanish (ideally with Spanish subtitles), but I'll know what they're saying and what's going even if I don't catch all the words, so I figure I'll be able to learn passively.

so what did you guys think about the ending?

AFAIK he (Giancarlo Esposito) doesn't speak Spanish (or not well), he just parroted the spanish dialog.

You're not much of a "latino" if you don't speak spanish.

Mark Margolis (uncle Tio) is a jew.

>parents were a black american opera singer and an italian carpenter
>born in Europe but later moved to NYC
>"straight outta south america"
?

The only one who actually speaks Spanish for real is Nacho, and it's his 3rd language.

You should watch the last three episodes of the columbian remake. It's on Netflix. Not even bad to be honest, it was kinda cool to see a new version of those episodes. I was unironically entertained watching it and comparing the versions and their different settings.

For some reason I thought he was genuinely peruvian

>You're not much of a "latino" if you don't speak spanish.
I agree but then it devolves into this whole "yeah but you don't speak spanish the way I/WE want you to speak spanish so it doesnt count" thing where everyone in /latam/ shittalks eachother about their regional dialects

>where did you watch it that it didnt have subtitles?
Illicit internet sites. Are you telling me the Spanish scenes had subs when it aired on TV?

The actors on Breaking Bad were cast for their ability to act in English, and that they "pass" for Latin American.

Pretty sure the guy who pays Don Eladio also doesn't speak Spanish irl. Those scenes are literally a bunch of anglos speaking words to each other they are just repeating phonetically (I suppose that proves they're decent actors). For the purposes of the who it wouldn't really matter if they were speaking jibberish Spanish.

Of course, it was made in and primarily for the US.

That one random scene that happens in Germany in German, that was obviously subtitled too.

>The spanish voicework for breaking bad was excellent by the way
No, it seriously wasn't. The accents are all over the place and it's clear that Giancarlo Esposito and the actor who plays uncle Salamanca don't speak a lick of spanish and were going phonetically.

Better Call Saul > Breaking Bad

it's annoying as fuck how halfway through the show they realized he didn't sound latino enough so they had him do the most over the top, badly done hispanic accent. completely ruined his character's believability for me

Well why not? That was cartoonish and it put me out of the suspension of belief

Anyone else find him less intimidating because he's short and not well built? Not even trying to meme WHEN WILL-, I just didn't find him all that scary when you see him next to someone else and they're a few inches taller.