The Ken Penders pitch for a Sonic the Hedgehog animated movie has resurfaced

The Ken Penders pitch for a Sonic the Hedgehog animated movie has resurfaced

youtube.com/watch?v=qhsOiyvfIWs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=quGiiAeCyjo
youtu.be/0kcF7E69C6Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riverdale_(2017_TV_series)
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tid2htBlE
sonicretro.org/2014/07/presented-without-commentary-what-ken-penders-sonic-movie-could-have-been-like/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

RIP Archie Sonic

So what's this I hear about the Archie Sonic comic dying?

It's amazing. Makes the death of the comics just a little more bearable.

AH HA HA HA HA! Is this a joke? It's terrible!

Ya can't subscribe to it anymore.

Penders only puts his name on quality products

Also there is a fire sale on the trades etc.

Wow. How pathetic do you have to be to impersonate Boco?

lol look at all this shit taste

>he thinks people worship Boco
New here I see

Sales don't necessarily mean death, although the timing is definitely suspect.

The fact that Penders believes he can draw well still baffles me.

Well, not really, it's Dunning-Kruger. But still.

Shut up, double Boco

let's shoot both to be sure

I remember this. IIRC, that's his son talking.

>Purposely exposing how new you are

Wish I was, then maybe I'd actually enjoy the board and how cancerous it's become like you apparently do.

You may have been able to fool a few people who don't look at tripcodes if you'd bothered to learn how to sound like Boco.

I think that gave me diabetes. Type 2.

WAY PAST COOL

LOL did he use the music from CnC generals?

>But my dad knows the REAL story of Sonic! He stole a hoverboard and then died.

Why the fuck would Sonic be on a hoverboard instead of just going fast?

I know Penders is shit, but damn. I just hope his grubby autist fingers don't get in any creative capacity with the Sonic franchise in general.

Also pre-emptively pressing [f] for respects.

BEHOLD: The trailer for Ken Penders' blockbuster movie, THE LOST ONES

youtube.com/watch?v=quGiiAeCyjo

Archie removed the ability to subscribe (or renew) to the comics through their official website. It no longer appears on their subscriptions page of their store. Some have found the individual webpages, but they say "unavailable" rather than add to cart.

It is unknown if they is a site screw-up or not. Archie and related Sonic staff have been dead silent on the matter, despite news of it picking up and questions being asked.

Potentially related, Archie replaced the FCBD Sonic comic with a Riverdale one very recently. It'll be the first time Sonic misses FCBD in 9 years.

There was also a rumor started around Christmas that the comics would be coming to an end and recently a comic artist has opened up commissions along with requests for more comic work.

Nothing is confirmed or official. It's a holiday weekend, so Tuesday is likely when something would be said or done by Archie, if anything at all. Solicitations for the Archie's comics in April usually come out around this time, while Sonic being there could mean something or nothing, Sonic not being there could be really bad.

How very Birdemic.

I've been reading since I was ten. It'll be a shame to see it go.

As long as Tyson Hesse follows Sonic wherever it ends up I'll be happy.

MARVEL SHOULD MAKE SONIC COMICS!

>recently a comic artist has opened up commissions along with requests for more comic work.

Who?

Adam Bryce Thomas. He's been a regularly used penciller on the comic since it rebooted.

It's very possible that he just wants/needs more work in general (Ian Flynn says the same thing all the time about wanting more work) and that it has nothing to do with whether Archie Sonic is fine or not.

It's just the timing of this and a few things lately that is worrying.

The problem with sonic racing games is because he already runs fast, faster the most things
If they're gonna do a racing game, might as well have sonic run as an alt

And the world is a less autistic place

Doesn't matter how many times I watch this, I always bust a gut whenever that asian guy flies up into the sky.

>Adam Bryce Thomas
That dude needs to get back to his LoZ comic. Shit's delicious.

Aside from the car-to-hedgehog size difference that could make him either miserable to play as or unfair to play against Sonic needs to be in a vehicle in a vehicle racing game for it to be fair for the others.

To be fair the FCBD issue was a reprint and they obviously want to shill Riverdale.

They did that.
It was called Sonic R.
It was a good concept with piss poor execution and no content

Sonic R was a fun game.

It's only a worthwhile thing to mention because it happened right before this.

Where do people get this shit about Sonic being the source of autism? Have you never seen any other fanbase?

It was fun.
But it was also objectively poorly made and far too short.

does anyone really wanna read a comic about Archie giving The Grundy the D?

So this guy's plan is to make bank off of an IP owned by someone who he tried to sue the pants off of....and he plans on not failing spectacularly?

C'MON RUN AWAY

>tfw I just renew my subscription a couple days before the page went away

So is Archie having a fallout? Are they going out of business? They shouldn't have done that kikestarter.

This gif is so old it predates webm before you ask.

They're advertising the fuck out of Riverdale. They even put headers on covers of Sonic issues advertising for it.

While it is true that other fanbases have their fair share of autists crapping it up, the Sonic fanbase is practically the gold standard. Been around the longest, has had more time to fester, and this is before the advent of social media.

What a piece of shit.

archie pays shit it's a fact

No, he stole someone else's work.

Shame he didn't use youtu.be/0kcF7E69C6Q because it fits so much better....

Nothing this man's creative power touches ever becomes good. Nothing.

Even his children, they're probably fucking retarded too.

This pitch is from years ago, when he was still working for Archie. IIRC this was around 2000, and this pitch is apparently the one he backstabbed Ben Hurst with.

Can't you basically always commission Tracey Yardly to draw weird shit like the characters showing off their feet?

Who gives a a crap over some lame 79s/89s era comic.

>apparently the one he backstabbed Ben Hurst with
Wait, who's Ben Hurst and what did Penders do to him?

Is that what Riverdale is? I keep hearing it mentioned as evidence or even as the reason for the Sonic comics getting cancelled, but what is it?

He's not always open, I don't think, but yeah, people have commissioned some weird stuff from him.

It's for the new TV show on CW.

Star Wars, Star Trek, Transformers, Mario, and Doctor Who are all older than Sonic.

There is no way you can justify saying "Sonic is the oldest obsessive fanbase" unless you're being wilfully ignorant.

>you will never make love to Maria

Riverdale is a new TV show.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riverdale_(2017_TV_series)

Ben Hurst was one of the head writers for the SatAM cartoon. He had been in negotiations with Sega to do a SatAM movie. At some point, Penders approached him, weaseled his way onto the project because Hurst was too polite to turn him down, and used Hurst's connections without telling him to pitch his own movie idea to Sega.

Hurst called them as part of his own communication with them, and they basically told him "fuck off, we don't need your stupid crap." It came as a total shock to him because Sega's people had been very friendly and open with him up until that point and he didn't find out until later that Penders had talked to them behind his back. They were under the impression that Penders represented Hurst and that Penders's presentation was also Hurst's idea.

It's an Archie TV show on CW. It's Archie's biggest project in decades so they're replacing the Sonic FCBD issue with a Riverdale one to go with their Betty and Veronica issue.

Remember, Archie always takes precedent at their company, even though Sonic is their big earner.

Shadow had his chance.

>Remember, Archie always takes precedent at their company, even though Sonic is their big earner.
>Archie Comics
Couldn't imagine why

>A gun agent may or may not have defiled her corpse

Sonic fans are the best at getting famous for their autism, e.g. Chris, sanic, Penders, that girl who released a video of her being beaten by her judge dad.

I wouldn't stick my dick into something with fictional AIDS, dead or other wise.

What a dick

From the last thread:

Because there's a huge amount of good games in the series, but since it has a tendency to be a complete shitshow from time to time, big-name e-celebrities saw an opportunity to gain attention by generalizing the entire franchise as trash, stating that the gameplay is "unfair" because you actually need to practice to become good, and conveniently forgetting about all of the lesser-known games in the series like the GBA and DS titles, basically leaving only the Classics and the 3D games. The latter, as everyone here already knows, is a rollercoaster of varying quality and opinions, and extremely easy to dismiss entirely because of that. These people also like to include crappy spin-offs such as Rise of Lyric as well, just to add insult to injury, even though an irrelevant spin-off that wasn't even made by the actual development team of the main series says literally nothing about the actual mainline games. Once you've pretended that half the series doesn't exist, shit all over every 3D game regardless of the fact that only two of them are actually regularly regarded as either mediocre or below, used terrible spin-off titles in attempt to make the main series look bad (try doing the same with the Mario and Zelda games for the CD-i and see what happens), and claimed that even the highly-regarded classics that started the series aren't worth playing for the most pissy reasons imaginable, you're all set to get loads of free attention and start all the shit you want.

You fell for the meme, user.

Shadow probably got to.

>there's a huge amount of good games in the series
There are NO good Sonic games.

Even the "classic" Sonic games were horribly mediocre.

They were great platformers with not much competition other than the big M.

Truly, the visionary the Sonic franchise needs.

All of this.

Yeah. It only had what, 5 different stages?

Dat soundtrack though.
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tid2htBlE

Arin go wash your chins.

>shit all over every 3D game regardless of the fact that only two of them are actually regularly regarded as either mediocre or below
Come on, user. Only 3 3D games are actually good. Sonic Adventure 2, Colors and Generations. Shadow and Sonic Adventure 1 are guilty pleasures at best.

You can find this powerpoint on Sonic Retro by the way. Just search "Ken Penders" and it'll be the first result

3 and a half.
The day stages in Unleashed are good.

Not the person you're talking to, but I would argue that Sonic the Hedgehog in general is more enjoyable when you consider it a "guilty pleasure".

Is this his actual pitch for OP video?

BRAVO PENDERS

>opinions

This is so provably wrong I can only imagine you're running with some kind of perceived meme.

>Is this his actual pitch for OP video?
Yes. It's gloriously awful.

Penders you magnificent bastard

Yes. Yes it honestly is. Sonic Retro featured it a couple years back.
sonicretro.org/2014/07/presented-without-commentary-what-ken-penders-sonic-movie-could-have-been-like/

Oh yeah. Can't fight you about that.

Wonder how many slides he dedicated to cock sucking before getting to the actual pitch.

>"AP photo during Operation Desert Storm"
>In a Sonic Movie pitch
You can't make this shit up.

About 9 for Sonic, 3 for his company, Larry Houstan and himself.

>Pic
Wh-why?

>Trying to convince others that making something Sonic-related will be successful.
>Lists Sonic Underground and Sonic X
The absolute fucking madman!

Unleashed, Shadow, Adventure, and Heroes are good.

To be fair, Sonic X was much later and thereby most relevant at the time. Underground has no excuse.

>ANY HELP HERE RICH? I just need a cosplaying picture to pitch Sega this deal of a lifetime!