There are people who expect youth like iron man even though his main characteristic is the he's an asshole

>there are people who expect youth like iron man even though his main characteristic is the he's an asshole

*you to like

>there are people who think a character can't be liked exactly because he's an asshole

what rock were you homeschooled under

Tonys brand if assholishness is legitimaly annoying with how pretentious he can be

Batman's a huge fucking asshole and people like him.

It's different for Stark. Ash Williams is an asshole, but he's also a good character. That's because his universe plays off of it and you actually can understand why he'd be like that. He was forced to kill all his friends and first love, has the shittiest job in the world despite being the chosen one, and always gets shit on. Stark on the other hand has had /everything/, there is no reason for him to be acting like a prick besides him acting like a prick for the sake of acting like a prick.

thing is, Iron Man DID do this. It wasn't a machine but it was Reed's bullshit future math but it was effectively something they used to guess the future if they didn't start doing shit.
It was the whole point of Civil War or at least the reasoning behind all of the pro-reg side's bullshit moves

Hey, when written right assholes can be very entertaining. My go-to example being Dr. Nemesis during his X-Club days.

Aaah, X-club.... those were good times.

Or the uncanny x men

Fuck off gay, a character isnt bad for being "mean spirited".

the cherry on top is that just before the event began, Bendis had Tony talking to MJ about how he used his own future math every day of the week to predict what people will do
and at the end of the event, Bendis had Steve tell Carol that what Tony was reacting against wasn't how she would use Ulysses but how her successors would use Ulysses when she retires
shortly after Bendis had Ulysses have a vision where Tony's relentless hounding of Carol causes her to snap and o 200% tyrant

the whole event was just 'Nuh-Uh, my future visions say that YOUR reliance on future visions are going to destroy us all'

>Fuck off gay

That just sounds awkward. Are you trying to be polite or did you just forget queer, faggot, and all the other pejorative synonyms?

Damn, I actually forgot.

Bump

I haven't read Marvel in years but why is this Civil War 2 shit so retarded? I mean there were mutants that could see the future for years, why this shit is important now?

it's a self-admitted rush job that was hacked together in 1/4 the usual planning time for an event and headed by brian michael 'the writer?' bendis

That explains a lot, I just hope people didn't bought this garbage.

"you're right for the wrong reasons"

that is completely fucking retarded.

even the review sites that normally would forgive marvel for masterminding the holocaust had nothing but scorn for it, and the sales dropped off way faster than normal for an event

My only problem with Stark it's usually how writers wank him a lot or how they try to give him the reason within the narrative although in comics it's usually not that much of a problem.

I hate the "Tony dindu nothing" fans more than anything tho.

I've noticed a lot of characters have a desperate need for Cap to approve of them or are easily affected by anything positive or negative he might say about them.

I guess that's also why he makes a dangerous villain.

Good

Did you even read my fucking comment? I specifically said they could be, but there at least has to be a reason behind it. Stark has none, so he's just and edgy character for the sake of having an edgy character.

Kang and Thor had honor boners for Cap. A born leader that can sway the tides of battle with just his words.

you know, oddly enough, Cyclops and Wolverine see to be the only characters immune to this