WIM WENDERS

Whate are your thoughts on Wim Wenders and his movies?

>Road trilogy is GOAT
>Hasn't made a good film in years
>Made a few good documentaries

Pina and Salt of the Earth are god tier

Only seen Paris, Texas, but it's God Tier and I want to see his other movies.

The American Friend is GOAT and severely underseen/underrated.

>Carrie pls this is uncomfortable for me

Just watched "Alice in den Städten" yesterday. It was AMAZING. Why didn't any of you told me before about this essential LOLIKINO?

I love most of his films, he is one of the remaining artists in cinema.
But one of his latest films was a complete shit: The beautiful days of Aranjuez. That was an unforgivable boring shit.

I've seen Paris Texas and it's top 25 tier for me
I've seen a recent movie of his with James Franco and Rachel McAssBuns and it was really bad

That scene on the train station was incredible

Wings of Desire was beautifully-shot. It almost looks like a Tarkovsky film. The plot is a bit thin if you think about it, but as a "mood piece" it was pretty incredible.

Anyone ever saw the movie "Hammett" he did on Dashiel Hammet works or something? I've seen it in 90's and loved it...never been able to see it again since then.

Only watched Paris, Texas and Wings of Desire

Paris, Texas is near perfection
Wings of Desire has a pretentious first half, but the second half redeems it

Land of Plenty is a good one also.

I just watched Tokyo Ga.
Shit'was cash.

I've only seen Alice in the Cities and Paris, Texas but loved them both

Can't wait until Sup Forums ruins him for me

I watched Wings of Desire, because Ghost in the Shell: SAC referenced it, and it was boring shit. It features the least convincing romance of any film I've seen. The only slightly entertaining parts are the circus scenes.

I am not opposed to "art film" in principle because I marathoned (at 1x speed even) My Life to Live after somebody here recommended it and it was much better.

Can't stand him. His shit is only watchable thanks to Robby Muller.

Poor mans Wes Anderson.

Comparing Wim Wenders with Wes Anderson is like comparing Jean-Pierre Melville with Quentin Tarantino.

germans really are scat fetishists