Deckard isn't a replic-

Deckard isn't a replic-

Other urls found in this thread:

thestar.com/entertainment/movies/2017/10/17/spoiler-alert-denis-villeneuve-answers-just-a-few-blade-runner-2049-questions.html
youtu.be/v2moY8f9Te8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Doesn't it vary from version to version?

It doesn't matter. The point is that they're all just humans. Love is love. Cut your son's dick off.

This was probably a mistake I'm guessing.

If replicants had special eyes then they wouldn't need the voigth-kampff machine to find out who's a replicant. It's just a nice visual cue for the audience, and in this scene it's meant to convey that Deckard is connecting with Rachael, the eyes being a window into the soul.

It's pronounced LUV FAGGOT

He clearly is in 2049 as per the final cut.
He freaks the fuck out when K is gonna "ask him some questions"
He's also hiding way out in the radioactive desert to escape the blade runners.
His living quarters are boobey trapped etc.
After the black out and 30 years surely he'd be safe huh? Hardly anyone knew about him or Priss anymore

ant.

Finish your sentences, Scott.

deckard is a reptilian.

artificial eyes =/= artificial guy

A more interesting question. If they have photos of all the escaped replicants, why do they need the test?

Probably easy as fuck to get some plastic surgery done. Although that doesn't explain why they looked the same in their photos.

Okay why would he think, after the blackout, that it would be more likely that a random guy figured out he was a replicant and figured out where his hideout is.
Than a guy piecing together clues about something way more important that would certainly lead him to Vegas.

how the fuck did this asshole smuggle the gun? defend this, you br faggots you.

It was a tiny gun and the corporation had been sued for sexual harassment so they couldn't just frisk all the employees.

Ridley Scott isn't a ha-

her eyes were gre-

>But that’s exactly what a Replicant would say

this strawman....

>He clearly is in 2049
Wrong. There's nothing "clearly" about it.

>Is Rick Deckard a replicant?

>The question has raged since Ridley Scott’s 1982Blade Runner: Is replicant hunter Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford) a replicant himself? Ford has always argued that the character is human, while Scott has maintained Deckard is a replicant. The original novel by Philip K. Dick — the movie is based on 1968’sDo Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?— was filled with ambiguity.

>“In the book, blade runners themselves are doubting their own identity, like a doctor always in contact with sick people,” Villeneuve says. “They start to see symptoms of the sickness. They became paranoid.”

>Paranoia is an important theme ofBlade Runner 2049.

>“Deckard himself is unsure of his own identity,” says Villeneuve, adding that replicant creator Niander Wallace (Jared Leto) “plays with (Deckard) with this at the end.”

>Wallace might know, but Villeneuve happily insists even he doesn’t.

>“I love the fact that we are not sure,” he says. “It’s more exciting and more dynamic. When you are sure, it’s a dead end. In my heart, I prefer to keep the question alive.”

thestar.com/entertainment/movies/2017/10/17/spoiler-alert-denis-villeneuve-answers-just-a-few-blade-runner-2049-questions.html

-en

Based on the book, the photos are suspected replicants. The Voigt-Kampff test is issued to ensure that no human is killed.

Just watched it for the first time tonight. If replicants have super strength or whatever, why do Deckard and black hair cutie have to question their existence?

I rewatched it yesterday and i can't see the point of Deckard being a replicant.
I mean if he is, he would be the most advanced replicant ever made, right ?
Rachael is already presented as a more advanced experimental replicant, and she's still far from acting totally human, whereas Deckard acts completely like a human.
Who would have made Deckard if Tyrell didn't ?

And anyway, what would it even bring to the story ?
It's weird because at this point it's pretty much confirmed Deckard is a replicant (thanks Ridley), but yet I still see him as a human because i don't even understand what it would bring to anything for him to be a replicant.

He LITERALLY gets tired after futilely punching K in the face like 5 times.
Plus in the original he can't beat Roy nor pull himself up on the ledge.
If he was a replicant he sure was good at pretending he was weak.

Replicants are copies of the real people
So there is a chance you might kill an original

Just because he was Super Replicant Blue doesn't mean he wasn't holding back.

I agree it seems more like an indulgence of ridleys to take a little bit of the story in a different direction after having some time since the films release to reflect on the story and ideas.

Its more like a list of suspects that closely match the info they gathered on the replicants.

Rachael has a complete set of childhood memories but the details of her adult life are fabricated.

All of Deckard's memories were ghosted directly from Gaff's brain.

Rachael is designed to fill a new role that was made for her, like older replicants, Deckard is outright replacing a living human being.

How is that a strawman?

Scott is a hack.
You're welcome

Not all replicants were created equal, even in the first movie. Why the fuck would you give super-soldier strength to a replicant that you want to fool into thinking he's human? The first time he punched someone he'd realise he's not fucking human.

Why would they want to fool Deckard into thinking he's human?

Why would they want to fool Rachael? Tyrell was obviously playing around with it.

If you can put an old dying Blade Runners memory into a younger body you get a better Blade Runner.

If you can put an old dying Doctor's memories into a younger body you get a better Doctor

If you can put an old dying Scientists memories into a younger body, maybe he will someday complete his life's work.

The interviewer didn't feel threatened by this guy for some reason, despite being best Blade Runner after Deckard.

Because he's killing replicants, his own kind. Duh.

To make it easier to do his job.

I was gonna make fun of her being a nepotistically miscast jewess, but turns out she's literally Sup Forums
youtu.be/v2moY8f9Te8

>its confirmed hes a replicant
no its not you headcanon fanfiction faggot
you literal underage retards need to leave because only a dumbfuck nigger tier intelligence kike would believe that
stop letting other people think for you

Doesn't it seem a little counter productive to have to rely on replicants to hunt down replicants?
Who do you get to stop him if he finds out?

replicant that hunts replicant-hunting replicants

Well, it seems he was in a police headquarters and a good distance away from them. And heck, even Deckard was joking around when he was getting the shit beaten out of him. Gotta act cool. No need to intimidate the replicant.

It doesn't matter, they're testing memory transfer technology.

So they could introduce each character to the audience visually. Ignore the brainlets that still search for in universe explanations for fucking everything.

Why did Gaff always seem so out of place, almost like he walked out of his own movie and ended up in Blade Runner?

kek

He's where Deckard gets his memories. Did you really think there's a database of what replicants dream about? Only Gaff knows about the unicorn dream because he's the only other person who has them.

>one of the most iconic female characters of all time in cinema
>miscast
Nigga you what? Not even Sup Forums can be this delusional.

>unicorn dream
Oh you mean the random leftover footage from Legend?

you dont know what a strawman is mate.

Wrong.

The film has no thematic significance without Deckard being a replicant you fucking brainlet moron. Otherwise it's a boring film about an awkward turd who shoots robots.

>character has green eyes
>actress has brown
hm

I seen Blade Runner more times than your father has said he's proud of you, kid. Don't you fucking DARE presume to know anything on the subject.

good lord its taken a day off school

What are you even trying to say?
The unicorn dream is a is clearly a typical memory created specifically for replicants.

>What are you even trying to say?
That she is miscast. They needed someone with green eyes. Or at least contacts.

I'be written a fucking thesis on this film. You have no evidence for your bullshit headcanon.

Stick to parroting analysis videos retard

S-should I be worried?

Who cares about the color of the eyes?
I have two movies and a book as evidence.
Gaff knows but not because it's his memories.

Btw, there are deleted ideas or even scenes, I'm not sure which, where we see that Tyrell made many replicants of himself, including the one Roy kills.

>the film has no thematic significance if Deckard is a replicant
Fixed that for you.

>anything that retard Ridley thinks
>canon

>'member unicorns?
This is such a dumb argument. Unicorns aren't real. You can't have a memory of a unicorn because that don't exist. Dreams =/= memories.
>we want Deckard to have real human emotions, so we'll implant a memory of a time he saw a unicorn frolicking in the forest
I'm laughing at you right now.

Wallace brings forth an idea that makes a lot of sense in 2049, Deckard could have been made by Tyrell solely as a male replicant with the ability to reproduce to be paired with Rachael with so they could make children
I thought it was a great way to bring back the is Deckard a replicant question but with additional implications in a manner that's completely plausible and not hamfisted

If we follow what I say above, it'd be so he does it entirely out of his own will without realizing it was the plan all along (and potentially foiling it so he's not just a puppet in someone else's game)

Dreams and memories are the same for replicants. Duh.

You create a memory of a dream.

What if the original Deckard died and 2049's Deckard is a replicant with original Deckard's memories?

What if the original Deckard was a replicant and died and the 2049 one was a human that behaved just like him and had the same appearance?

Really makes you think.

Maybe that's why 2049's Deckard got Rachael's eye color wrong.
Really made me think.

>Dreams and memories are the same for replicants. Duh.
Nice headcanon.

>You create a memory of a dream
Yeah, ignore the second sentence that explaines why.

Once you have a memory of a dream you can easily make that dream again, it's called selfsuggestion.

>dreams create human emotions
You know that animals dream, right?

It's completely ham fisted. You are ignoring the fact that the unicorn sequence was added years later by Scott to force his decision that Deckard was a replicant after all. The consensus on set and at the time of writing was that he was human. Scott changed his mind later and retconned that in later cuts. Borrowing footage from Legend to tie into the origami at the end was a weak gesture toward pushing his new idea. It isn't any different from JK Rowling revising her stories by Twitter. Hack job.

>You are ignoring the fact that the unicorn sequence was added years later
This is not true. He had planned it from beginning.

>it wasn't in the original
>it was added to later cuts
>"T-that doesn't mean it was added later!"

>>dreams create human emotions
What? Learn to read.

>He clearly is in 2049 as per the final cut.
>a character from a film set thirty years previous is clearly an artificial human with a four year lifespan
>being this bad at math

>All of Deckard's memories were ghosted directly from Gaff's brain.
Then why does Gaff just sit there quietly making origami as Bryant waxes on about how Deckard is the best Blade Runner the city's ever seen?

>A film about losing your humanity and then finding it again has no significance if the main character is human
I think you have that backwards.

>You can't have a memory of an imaginary animal.
>>IT WAS A DREAM, CHECKMATE, ATHEIST!
>but the point of giving replicants memories is so that they develop human emotions to appear more life like, you don't get that from dreams
>>IT WAS A MEMORY OF A DREAM!
This is getting beyond convoluted because the "Deckard is a replicant" argument is inherently convoluted.

The original states that the Nexus 6 models have a 4 year lifespan. To be fair, that's never stated about other models, so the fact of Deckard surviving beyond four years is not necessarily a counter indication of being a replicant. He's not one, but the age argument isn't a good one.

These people never consider that maybe Deckard mentioned the unicorn dream to Gaff. Co-workers talk about shit like that all the time. The origami could easily have signified Gaff knowing something private about Deckard that was shared in confidence, a short hand meaning "your secret is safe with me." That's a perfectly plausible reading of the film that doesn't involve nearly as many assumptions as "Deckard is a replicant" does.

>radioactive desert

The drone tells him the radiation levels are nominal, it's just deserted.

>This is such a dumb argument. Unicorns aren't real. You can't have a memory of a unicorn because that don't exist.
Know what else isn't real? Replicants.
>oh but user replicants are real in the story
Are you going to tell me that J. F. Sebastian can make both artificial humans and the nightmarish homunculi that comprise his "friends", but a horse with a horn on its head is beyond the capabilities of 2019 bioengineering?

>missing the point of that scene this bad

If Deckard has Gaff's memories, why doesn't he know Cityspeak?

>a film where non-humans act more human than a human has less thematic significance than a film where some non-humans act more human than another non-human

What a nice BR thread! Don't let it die.

Maybe Gaff was the real blade runner, and Deckard only his tool.

So, what DID happen in Vegas that made everyone abandon it for fear of radiation, anyway?

user, please. Replicants are real in the Blade Runner universe. You know what aren't real? Unicorns.

Tell me, where is this lush forest landscape with android unicorns playing around where Deckard hypothetically went? Did you watch the movie? It's a wasteland out there. A small piece of wood is a priceless artifact. The entire dream sequence feels out of place because it's completely literally out of place.

We know Deckard is a reader. It's way more likely that he dreamt about it because of the stories he was exposed to. Suggesting it's a memory is just dumb. There's nothing in the movie to support such a claim.

Blade Runners probably need to go to the police psycologist non stop, Adama just red the reports.

>What happened to Las Vegas?

>The lights in deserted Las Vegas are the glow of radioactive fallout inBlade Runner 2049. “That dirty bomb generated a strong amount of radiation, but it doesn’t destroy the infrastructure,” says Villeneuve.

>After the radioactivity dissipated, Vegas became barely habitable, the perfect place for Deckard to hide out.

>“Nobody wants to live there. Like the Russian city Chernobyl, the place becomes a ghost town,” says Villeneuve. “So Deckard went there after the first movie.”

>Maybe Gaff was the real blade runner, and Deckard only his tool.
very intelligent desu

>user, please. Replicants are real in the Blade Runner universe. You know what aren't real? Unicorns.
>>oh but user replicants are real in the story
>Are you going to tell me that J. F. Sebastian can make both artificial humans and the nightmarish homunculi that comprise his "friends", but a horse with a horn on its head is beyond the capabilities of 2019 bioengineering?

Nice job ignoring the rest of the post.

>Tell me, where is this lush forest landscape with android unicorns playing around where Deckard hypothetically went? Did you watch the movie? It's a wasteland out there. A small piece of wood is a priceless artifact. The entire dream sequence feels out of place because it's completely literally out of place.
>We know Deckard is a reader. It's way more likely that he dreamt about it because of the stories he was exposed to. Suggesting it's a memory is just dumb. There's nothing in the movie to support such a claim.

Oh so that must mean that Deckard is Tyrell's niece then, since he knew about Rachel's memories as well.

>speculating
We know nothing about the world outside LA from Blade Runner. We see it in 2049 but that's, like, a different movie man.

You're free to make whatever assumptions you like to back up your shitty fan theory; but what is argued without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

No, replicants are not copies of real people, they are genetically engineered life forms.

>speculating
You realize your entire theory is (bad) speculation, no?
>We know nothing about the world outside LA from Blade Runner. We see it in 2049 but that's, like, a different movie man.
>2049 isn't canon
Nope nope nope nope this took a turn for the retarded. I'm done.
>You're free to make whatever assumptions you like to back up your shitty fan theory; but what is argued without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
Holy shit, the irony.
>Deckard had a dream about a unicorn, which was OBVIOUSLY based on a memory of seeing a unicorn, which means there are habitat preserves with android unicorns in the world of Blade Runner so it's PERFECTLY PLAUSIBLE that such imagery would be a convincing memory to implant in a replicant, which means Deckard is a replicant because Gaff knew about the dream and the ONLY WAY he could know about the dream is if Deckard is a replicant.
Nice shitty fan theory you have there. Given the complete lack of evidence, I'm gonna go ahead and just dismiss it.

jesus christ it was intentional - he was giving the finger to wallace