Why don't they just use highly develop Sniper rifles like widowmaker?

Why don't they just use highly develop Sniper rifles like widowmaker?

it makes more sense

Other urls found in this thread:

thestar.com/news/crime/2016/08/27/crossbow-homicides-are-rare-multiple-ones-even-more-so.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can a sniper rifle shoot out a boxing glove?

energy construct generating ones can

This is what I was gonna say. Nonlethal ammo is WAY less reliable and a lot of the "functional" trick arrows wouldn't work in bullet form.

imagine a sniper round that is just a mini boxing glove

Because they aren't trying to kill people generally?

And, what, they're supposed to use trick bullets?
Nonsense.

bow and arrows feels so outdated

Id rather them become gun martial artist

>Id rather them become gun martial artist
Are you the ghost of Monty Oum?

A) That's harder to use non-lethally

B) Arrowheads are bigger than bullets and can be more easily outfitted with more special tech

C) Once your accuracy reaches a certain level, weapons that only fire in a straight line becomes obsolete. Archers can adjust the trajectory of their arrows using the angle of the shot as well as air current in the area, giving them a greater range of directions to hit from. Silly as he seems, Capt. Boomerang actually has the right idea, as with high enough dexterity, a boomerang has the most versatile accuracy as both it's speed and trajectory can be completely controlled by how you throw it. Obviously no real person could ever consistently be that accurate but in a world where super-dexterity is a thing, it's theoretically possible.

>Because they aren't trying to kill people generally?
Why not?

>C)
So can bullets
Bullets are just as ballistic as arrows or boomerangs
It's just a distance thing

And bows have both a greater degree of variation and a greater range of distance at which it can be applied.

Because they're skilled with bows, not guns. Just because you're good at aiming one thing, doesn't necessarily mean you're good at aiming everything. Your question is akin to asking
>Why doesn't the military recruit archers?
Because they're marksmen, which is completely different from sniping.

>greater range of distance
>than a rifle
Talk to me once you pass the KM mark with a bow

a gun can't hit someone over a wall, bows can, that's what user simply mean. You can't adjust the trajectory of the bullet as much as you can adjust the trajectory of an arrow.

>at which it can be applied.

> a greater range of distance at which it can be applied.

Cherry pick some more. It's like you can't read.

>a gun can't hit someone over a wall
Sure it can
You just need to be patient

We're talking about super-human marksmen here
If anyone can fire a bullet into a ballistic arch that goes beyond line of sight, it's them

That's the point

A bullet can do anything an arrow can do, just with the distances involved being an order of magnitude bigger.
Bullets don't fly. They fall while moving very fast forward. Just like an arrow.

The real issue is that bullets are deadly and people dying isn't a financially secure option for comics.

That doesn't just mean farther. A gun can have some variation of trajectory at 1KM. A bow has it there as well as around 40 feet, which is where a lot of your targets are going to be unless you're planing on only being a superhero outside.

Yes, hawkeye can bank shots with bullets. He doesn't because it's harder to do than with a bow, making guns a less effective weapon for him.
This isn't complicated.

"Hard" isn't a limiting factor for super heroes
I mean shit, power creep is a thing
There isn't a "hard" cap

No, Hawkeye does it to swag on people. He's a performer and that's part of his character.

>You just need to be patient
You can't always do that when civilians lives are on the line.

Well we're now up to 4 reasons to use a bow and 0 reasons to use a gun.

>You just need to be patient

Good point. All Green Bullet would need to do is get the asshole he's shooting at indirectly to stand still for like 4 minutes while the bullet falls.

>The real issue is that bullets are deadly

And of course, arrows aren't, right?

Ate you implying arrows are not deadly?

Are you completely retarded?

Or he just predicts where he's going to be in a few minutes, like he does anyways

The point is that Green Bullet/Scope-eye both do ridiculous shit like that anyways
The bow is just a gimmick that excuses less-than-lethal attacks and also recognizability
A gun isn't branding
A bow is

But if a person really existed that could do the shit that the could (e.g. shoot an arrow from a mile away compensating for wind, gravity, shit in the way), they'd be using a fucking gun.

Show me an example of either really killing a guy with an arrow and not using a tech-arrow or what not.
Arrow TVShow doesn't count

I know this is known as the most ignorant and dumb board in all Sup Forums, but you seriously can't be this stupid, stop reading funny books. Go hunting and open a fucking history book

Nigga this is comics
Real life is only tangentially related

30 longbowman > 30 samurai

>Bullets can do anything arrows can
>No boxing glove bullets, net bullets, gas bullets, sonic bullets, emp bullets, basically all exotic payloads

>Show me an example of either really killing a guy with an arrow and not using a tech-arrow or what not.
You're trolling right? Right!?

No. YOU would do that. If I could pull off the shit Hawkeye does you bet your ass I'd use a bow.

This is technically crossbow bolts, but the idea's basically the same: thestar.com/news/crime/2016/08/27/crossbow-homicides-are-rare-multiple-ones-even-more-so.html

Samurai were primarily longbowmen, though.

MOOOON RIVER

I'm talking about Hawkeye or Green Arrow you fucking mongs

The fuck did you think I meant when I said "either"

Because both of them used bows during a time where they felt powerless and used them to make themselves feel powerful. Psychologically, they need that comfort zone buffer to make the fact they're grossly outclassed by allies and enemies alike.

Hawkeye grew up in an abusive circus where the bow was his only friend and the one thing that made him feel like he was talented. Now in the avengers, what does he really bring to the table? He needs that bow to bolster his sense of self worth.

Green Arrow, similarly was shipwrecked and the bow was the only thing that allowed him to not only survive, but kick ass. Whether working solo or as a member of the JLA, that kind of a feeling is vital.

Also it's probably important that Ollie/Clint mentally differentiate themselves from standard marksmen and shooters to help maintain their good guy status and void PUNISHEEEEER status in the eyes of the public.

Oh. Okay then.

Here's Green Arrow fucking up and killing a dude, which led to him joining an ashram after faking his death.
He also did a non-zero amount of killing in Longbow Hunters.

He gets hurt by the fall, not the flat arrow

Maybe if you're the king of edgy tacti-cool fag you make yourself out to be.

Good point, the arrow in his fucking heart was probably harmless.

FFS in the dialogue at the top, Ollie says he's going to nail the fucker in the head to stun him
It's obviously not sharp

>Once your accuracy reaches a certain level, weapons that only fire in a straight line becomes obsolete.
This. The most trick thing they can do with bullets is go through a wall, or ricochet like Robocop does. Also, the mere concept of a guy not only keeping up, but straight up DOMINATING opponents that have guns while he only has a bow and arrow is metal as fuck.

I get the feeling English isn't your first language, because that string of "either really and or not using or what not" is some serious word salad. You can't blame them for being confused as to what you meant.

No, he says he's going to neutralize the guy's gun, then "tapdance on his head". Meaning punching/kicking.

No, English is my first language, I'm just drunk.

But still, "either" is the only possible subject in that sentence. It's unambiguous that way even, if yeah, it's a little convoluted with the clauses

Meanwhile, all Hal can think about is how much he loves being a Green Lantern.

There are no trick bullets but there are trick arrows.

Arrow ricochet is much easier to use/more useful than bullet ricochet.

Non lethal arrows are relatively easy and diverse. Non lethal bullets are hard to use and either come down to shooting somebody in the leg normally or some kind of pellet shot that horribly scars.

Arrow trajectory can be portrayed in comics/cartoons and can be interacted with. Bullet trajectory is much too fast for that. That's why bullet time is a concept in fiction but arrow time isn't.

>There are no trick bullets
Why not?
A shotgun can carry as much of a load as an arrow

also why not use a crossbow if you want a trick shot

"Really killing a guy" could've been, too. As in, "Show me an example of either a) really killing a guy with an arrow, or...

You need something like "either one" to keep it from garden-pathing, and removing the "really" which is just awkwardly placed.

Because you can't strap a boxing glove to a bullet

It seems to make perfect sense to me, in my dialect, but then again, I've heard that, in whatever the fuck my dialect is, word order and sentence structure can be a bit convoluted to outsiders

Your accuracy must be way worse than Hawkeye's because you keep managing to miss the fucking point.

It's not your dialect. You're misspelling shit like "whatnot" and just scattering commas randomly, and it makes it sound like you're rambling and pausing awkwardly.

But then again, rambling and pausing awkwardly are kind of expected when you're drunk.

There should be a whole more death in comic books to begin with. I have family that work in sports medicine, and people are getting fucking massive concussions, life threatening wounds and even paralysis from simple daily human level workouts and accidents.

Superheroes should be fucking paralysing or permanently disabling 5/10ths of people they fight.

But you could strap an Ant-Man to a bullet. Just give Hawkguy a sniper rifle where every round is chambered with an Ant-Man.

they aren't.

I really with they would decide if Ant-Man keeps his mass when shrinking or not, because right now it's just confusing.

Partially, yes, it is the drunkenness, but also how we speak here

I've even cut out most of the bullshit we say. Like if you're hearing someone talk here, there'd be "theres" and "ehs" all over the place.

>So I was walking down the road there eh and I this car eh and it was red eh and must've been heading down to the garage there on Main there eh
And with some people (e.g. me mum eh) there'd be sound effects littered in there for impact
That's also without the body language.

Atlantic Canada technically speaks English but sometimes we'd fool you

Pym particles, ain't gotta explain shit.

It really isn't.

>5/10
Thatm akes me fucking mad.
Unreduced fractions are the devil. Reduce it to 1/2!

It is tho
The Antman movie has a scene that says it all
He runs along a gun barrel and punches a dude in the chin causing him to fly across the room

They say he can punch hard because he has all the same mass compressed into an ant-sized volume
But how could he have ran across the gun?
Wouldn't he weight the same as he did normally?

Or in like every other Antman shit, when he becomes Giantman, how is he still strong?
Shouldn't be like a great big marshmallow if the same mass as a man is blown up for 50 feet?

He's just a guy who gets small or big.
It's whatever makes the scene work.
You're just overthinking it.

>shotguns can carry as much of a load as an arrow.

Honestly, when I dropped into this thread I was going to suggest a shotgun rather than a sniper for load-versatility.

Unfortunately, on second thought, shotguns are also really hard to 'silence', while the most a bow usually needs are some little fuzzy tassels to absorb the 'twang'. Since most of the archer types are operating in a quasi-legal capacity they benefit from the default quiet of an bowstring.

Maybe an airgun, but those are pretty high maintenance and fragile. Personally I'd probably go for some sort of 'grenade launcher', maybe a lightened version of an M79 (you could feasibly squeeze an actual boxing glove in one of those.)

A *fwump* is pretty innocuous as well

Bullets can't really carry trick loads because of the heat, pressure, and speed the gun fires the bullet.

Bows, however, can be varied between speed, distance, and force depending on how they're fired and what's on the arrow.

Additionally, in close quarters combat the bow alone is much more versatile and thus more interesting than an unloaded gun, even one with a similar length stock and barrel.

Really, anyone still arguing against this after knowing all this are completely retarded. Guns are designed to be REALLY GOOD at one thing- quick, direct, ranged lethal force. Unsurprisingly, this is a category where superheroes are meant to not excel in because superheroes were invented for children, who haven't learned how to respect firearms yet.

Two words. Trick arrows. These are street level heroes and as such will rarely be beyond the effective range of a bow. Especially when fighting in alley ways or buildings

Why use a gun when you can:
Use net arrows to immbolize without harm
Use EMP arrows to shut down any devices
Use tracker arrows to hunt down vehicles or the such
Use boxing glove arrows to incapacitate without severe harm
Use parachute arrows
Explosive arrows to clear a room or knock down a wall
Flash bang arrows to stun

Arrows are just so much better and flexible especially for not killing

because their bows and trick arrows also offer utility, not just killing power. The fact they are archers are their whole gimmick.

It's like saying why doesn't all superheroes just use guns.

Shot
Gun

Spend just 5 seconds imagining having a GL ring and it's easy to understand where he's coming from.

Couldnt you do all that with a shotgun?

Shotgun rounds are sufficiently large to pretty much do everything you stated.

No you idiot you said bullets are deadly implying arrows are not

Its a bad compromise between the two considering it takes longer to reload than both of them.

I'm kinda surprised he's not always surrounded by slut constructs

... Are ya'll fucking retarded?

He keeps his mass, but not his weight.
Yes I know that makes no sense, Pym Particles.

It's easier to create a construct based on the memory of something you're familiar with rather than something you're imagining. So if Hal was gonna be constantly surrounded by sluts, they'd have to be sluts or slutty versions of people he actually knows. That can get awkward to have in public.
Guy Gardner on the other hand...

because deadshot exists, and marvel has a villain literally named sniper.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sniper_(comics)

good guys get bows.