>visionary director

>The enfant terrible of modern cinema.

>the next spielberg

>from the mind of Zack Snyder

Villenueve
Coen bros
Nolan
Top 3 worst directors all time

Why do you people think being over-critical of things makes you look intelligent?

>from the director of that one movie from 20 years ago that was well recieved but has been in a slump ever since and has directed like 10 movies that have been complete shit since

pls explain how exactly jochen taubert is a better director than those 3

Anyone else here dream about being a film director but too pussy to put their livelihood on the line for something they might not even be good at.

Whenever I see a really good film I always feel extremely motivated to pursue a career in directing, but of course I never do it because I understand that the likelihood of success is extremely low.

Maybe if you said "over rated" rather than "worst".

Unless you exclusively watch good films there are many worse directors than those guys.

Michael Mann?

Taika Waititi shud be there

the only visionary director is James Cameron

It's so overdone now. At this point I actually look up to people who can freely say they like a thing outside of mainstream stuff of course. Calling a movie "garbage" or saying calling people "plebs" or using "pleb filter" etc is annoying and I just ignore it now. No point is responding to their posts.

i dont have the networking or social skills god gave a potato to even begin

James Cameron is one of the only directors who I would in all seriousness call a "hack". Him and Steven Spielberg.

Literally the Michael Bays of the generation, yet Bay gets infinite amounts of shit for his disposable popcorn flicks and they get revered like Avatar, Terminator, Indiana Jones or ET are any more than forgettable short term entertainment.

Ridley Scott

I honestly feel even more respect for someone who says without a shred of embarrassment that batman or whatever is their favourite film, and then talks passionately about it. At least those people are honest and lacking in pretention.

I realised how much of a pretentious dickhole I've become recently when I rewatched a film that used to be my favourite and found it to be shit. I actually felt embarrassed throughout the film, remembering all the times I'd told people it was my favourite film, thinking about how pleb that made me look. But honestly that betrays who I was back when I liked that film. At the time I didn't give a fuck about what other people thought about my taste in movies.

And honestly that's the way things should be. What a pointless thing to care about.

outside of transformer movies Bay isnt even a bad director even if the movies themselves are crummy.

>Top 3 worst directors
>Names 4

It's an incredible amount of work to "make" a movie from getting funding, finding a crew, the day to day logistics, not to mention dealing with the egos of everyone involved, yourself included. Distribution is probably a little easier nowadays at least.

Tbh I'd just want to make schlocky B-movies that cater to my fetishes

lol i understand this picture. im such a nerd.

>from the producers who saw...

Renny Harlin

>From the visionary director from...
>lists movie that came out 20 years ago

>critic quote in trailer
>"It's like the BLANK Meets BLANK!"

Tbh the Coen Brothers have lost their mojo. Even the highly acclaimed Inside Llewyn Davies felt a bit insipid.