Any hope for this Run?

Every issue is worse than the last. Someone forgot to tell them they were writing a Comic Book. All philosophy and none of the fun.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/04/facebook-live-stream-video-man-attacked-chicago-trump
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's only surviving because of the MCU.

Coates is a novel writer. This is the first time he's written a comic book and it's obvious he has no idea how to work with the medium.

It doesn't help that he seems to care more about T'challa's increasingly lesbian harem than he does T'challa himself. Black Panther should not feel like a side character in his own book.

If you way to read a well written black panther, check out The Ultimates. The main BP book is up its own ass.

The problem is not the phillosophy, Silver Surfer had a lot of that in the 70s and it was a great book. The problem is the descompression. Exposition is fine once in a while, but when so little happens in each issue readers want off. It's a poorly written book.
Also, make BP the main character, you asshole.

100% this!

> can you be both a superhero and a head of state
> how can you justify a monarchy in the modern world
> how can u can earn back the trust of his people after failing them so badly

The premises very good. It has such potential if it was in the hands of someone who knew how to write comics.

And I LOVED how strong on continuity it was. All comics need that.
But it was a lost cause.
Anyone here read the second book? World of Wakanda? It seemed like pure shit.

Not a chance

They should have begged Christopher Priest to come back. What he's done with Deathstroke for DC is fantastic.

Its one of the few books I still reliably read. I like the whole philosophical spheil and the atmosphere is astounding.

I love how it's actually digging deep into the problems Wakanda would have and how the solutions could be worse, and how leaders can't be good people and good leaders at the same time.

Isn't coats a co-writer?

>They should have begged Christopher Priest to come back

> The way to get Priest back is to offer him another black superheoro

Christopher Priest is never writing another black character.

He is not even a fiction writer.

Maybe he'll come back to save a black chareacter.

Nit sure annoy the Art by Brian Stelfreeze either. Sometimes it's good but mostly it's mediocre.

Not sure about*

I feel that this book needed to have a companion piece that focused heavily on T'Challa as a person. As is the book is more about Wakanda and what it takes to be the Black Panther.

Well what they did is the exact opposite. "The World of Wakanda" books Focus even more on the side characters and background.

Yep 2 BP books and neither is focused on the title charecter

Black Panther Epic Collection #2 when? I want a collection of the Kirby stuff at a decent price

Way better in The Ultimates

Yeah, I don't think he's ever written longform narrative fiction, though as a righty, I think everything he's written is "fiction" in the sense of being completely made up ;)

I love what Priest is doing on Deathstroke, but yeah, he's not going to do a black main character for a while. He's doing plenty of black characters, but he's tired of being pigeonholed, and good for him for being able to swing it!

I am actually shocked that, with all the "movie synergy" that they're doing with their characters - as bad as its going - they're not doing the one thing and synergizing Black Panther. The movie Panther is actually likable.

Give me ONE fucking reason why Hickman isn't the best writer for BP. I'm black and I fucking hate how much Marvel touts the diversity shit instead of just finding people to make a good book. In fact, they couldn't find a better BLACK writer than Coates? Absolutely no reason Hickman/Ribic shouldn't be killing this book monthly.

Steelfreeze can not draw an action scene to save his fucking life. Everything he draws is so static with absolutely no motion or flow between panels. He's terrible.

>expecting anything different from a black supremacist racist bag of shit

>Give me ONE fucking reason why Hickman isn't the best writer for BP

Because Priest is the best writer for BP.

have I seen this post before? I agree with you about Hickman though.

you've never read a bp book

Oh? Have all BP writers been black supremacists who hate white people?

do you think white people are being persecuted or something irl

You spelled Priest Wrong

Can't answer my question? This faggot is unashamedly a racist and is celebrated for it.

Can you give us an example of he is racist?

No kidding

theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/04/facebook-live-stream-video-man-attacked-chicago-trump
>Chicago police are investigating a video appearing to show a man tied up and assaulted while attackers shout ‘fuck Donald Trump’ and ‘fuck white people
>Fuck white people

Haven't a clue.

It's black supremacist WE WUZ KANGZ bullshit, what do you expect?

Even Aaron writes a good BP

jesus christ

Only 3 that I know if have been black. Priest, Hudlin and Coates.

nah dude it's pretty good and always improving. i dunno what to tell you

And another

>Monthly Ribic

Explain?

Comparing to someone like Keneth Rocafort.... the layouts and framing alone makes this look amature.

Coates writes for Atlantic. He's very eloquent but all his work can be summed up as
>Fuck whitey we be owed reparations n sheit for slavery!!! Muh Africa!!!

I wouldn't care if it wasn't for him being terrible on Panther. His interest lies in US identity politics not Techno-Mystic African fictional countries.

Fuck off. Marvel is in the shitter at the moment and I don't want Priest wasted on some shitty Civil War II tie in.

>Marvel is in the shitter at the moment
Wouldn't that mean they could use all the good writers they can.

DC is doing fine with rebirth, they don't really need him.. and they are also getting Tom King... so you fuck off.

Kek

I don't think it's bad, it's just not well suited to a monthly serial. They should have given him an experienced co-writer or released it as a graphic novel.

This was the exact point I dropped the book.

>They should have begged Christopher Priest to come back

He wouldn't work for Marvel because of their segregation policy. Can't have Black people not writing black characters

>Wouldn't that mean they could use all the good writers they can.

It's their editorial staff which needs to get their heads out of their asses. The problem with Marvel isn't that they have bad writers; it's that their current editorial staff and the company's philosophy at the moment is awful.

Look at Squirrel Girl for a moment. This could actually be a good book as the writer actually knows how to be funny in a quirky tongue-in-cheek way, but the art for it is worse than awful

Then you have some retarded editor telling Bendis he should write an event, and editors in general thinking that Civil War II should have happened at all.

Just re-release a hardback Absolute edition of Civil War if you want those movie dollars. Don't bring out a half-cocked event with Bendis as the goddamn writer.

Also this

You fucking casuals are bitching about Brian stelfreeze art while posting pages by Chris Sprouse. Everytime I think Sup Forums couldn't be any more fucking retarded...

It's really convenient how discussion for any book goes in the toilet the instant the book starts to delve into subjects anons are vocally indignant about.

these pages are all by chris sprouse though

Sup Forums doesn't read comics man.

>fun
Oh puh-leeeze. Fun is for plebs.

We came to see Marvel universe realpolitik and BP justifying his crown. We came to see superscience and superpreptime.
Nobody cares about the love story of the renegade lesbian dora milaje.
I was almost excited for the Shuri plot (because of how badass she was when Hickman wrote her death scene) but then I remembered how awful she is normally.
Coates should have written out most of this philosophical musing in an Atlantic article (cross-published in the tpb) and made the comic more exciting.

Also, notice how they wasted the good artist on the issues with bullshit navel-gazing and the never ending parade of characters nobody cares about or will ever see again outside of this title. Then when they're supposed to have a big drag-out fight they put in a mediocre backup artist.

You obviously haven't read his articles. The reparations article never even calls for reparations in the first place. It makes an argument that not being able to speak about it in Congress or get a bill passed that would 'explore the idea' is fucked up. Not once does he say that reparations would definitely be good or even that it should be doled out.

Sprouse's action sequences shit on Steelfreeze's though.

Matter of opinion. I'd rather have a few semi-static but beautiful and detailed fight scenes then a few half-assed dynamic sketches of people throwing punches against a plain background.

It needs a better writer and artists

Because Hickman shits on marvel constantly and only takes work for them when he feels like getting money and halfassing his work.

they vanisher didn't die in messiah saga? huh. what's he doing now?

>Hickman shits on marvel constantly
That's something new. Sauce?

he's made a couple tweets about creators rights and how marvel should let him keep his characters, and he """won't""" work for marvel until then

Not to mention Infinity was ridiculously half assed, and secret wars was only done semi seriously because he dreams to fucking reed richards

Wakanda was depicted at its best when everyone in it was dead.

>Then when they're supposed to have a big drag-out fight they put in a mediocre backup artist.

Also brought in outside character because no one gives a shit about the ones In the book itself.

I think I'd like Ultimates for the writing, but I'm not really a fan of Rocafort's art.

>writes for Marvel
>whines about MUH CREATIONS
How retarded is this guy?

>he's made a couple tweets about creators rights
Then he should shut up, because his creator-owned comics suck donkey balls.

man I miss rocafort at DC, at least but him on a nice book with a nice writer marvel

he's of the millar generation

the kind of people that used kirby's death to preach about creator's rights.

>he's made a couple tweets about creators rights and how marvel should let him keep his characters

>work for a large company that uses a shared universe, a legacy of characters spanning decades, and uses a work-for-hire model such that the characters in that world are theirs
>know what the legal precedents have been for this
>know that copyright law has provisions for this, and Marvel has been using this for decades
>still get pissy about "your" characters that you made for that shared universe and that company, that are based on that story others started, that only make sense in that context.

What a little bitch.

Like DC ever did that

But then behave like Stan Lee.

wasn't this latter handled to house writers because hickman realized avatar is retarded

>not liking RHatO

>implying Ultimates wasn't exactly that

With a post like that, I imagine he read the Hudlin one.

>wasn't this latter handled to house writers
Yes, and it actually got slightly better after he was less involved.

He's coming back to do an Artemis issue in RHatO

His run on Superman nu52 was beautifull

yeah it's what I though: Hickman had an idea but made the mistake of taking it to Avatar, who lets you write a lot of stuff with the condition every two pages something must be gored to death

How many times has "earth must die so Krypton(ians) can live" been a plot point in the Superman Family?

>Avatar, who lets you write a lot of stuff with the condition every two pages something must be gored to death
With God's not dead, that translated to a war between gods, but every battle was way too short, and unusually often resulted in someone being stabbed through the back pretty quickly.

Want god of thunder monthly? He drew the shit out of that

I've enjoyed it more the longer it goes, funnily enough.
I'm even remembering what happened in prior issues.

I posted a panel from one of the last issues in a thread once to bring-up a point about Gorr and all people could talk about was CHRIST THAT ART IS HALF-ASSED
I fucking love him but under scrutiny, yeah, he'll tire himself out when held to a schedule and will start cutting corners. Hence why the following arc needed a different artist, dude needed a break.
Shit, Secret Wars had him in such a state that he literally copy-pasted a Galactus panel from GoT.

Well lucky for you there's a new artist now!
Sup Forums uh... Sup Forums doesn't much like him.

Source?

If not just Squirrel Girl.... have you seen the steaming pile that is Death of X.