ITT: Movies people pretend to hate to appear smart

ITT: Movies people pretend to hate to appear smart

People hating on so called "cape-shit".

These comicbook movies are fun and shouldnt be taken that seriously but pretentious contrarian pricks here think that every movie should be "art" instead of what movies actualy should be; fun.

Movies are a form of entertainment, not a platform for pretentious delusional assholes wanting "art".

Pretentious movies are always hated by people who couldn't possibly understand whether they're genuine.
But smirking, crossing your arms ang going "That's right! I DIDN'T like Stalker/El Topo/The Holy Mountain/2001 a Space Odyssey! It was trash!" Is an easy way to be a cool rebel and few people even have the possibility to contradict you.

Fun doesn't have to be total cookie cutter schlock.

my normalfag friend said he thought Taxi Driver was trash but he couldn't give me a single reason why.

Except they fail in both artistic merit and entertainment value.

But they're so emotionally vacant and redundant that I actually want to kill myself every time I see a new Marvel trailer. Originality and emotional hooks are fun for me, not having car keys dangled in my face.

capeshit is not fun

people only like this because it's Sup Forums fantasy but it's a pretty mediocre movie

dude already starts with his beliefs stated and suddenly he decides to kill people he doesn't like, little to no character development, we're supposed to believe he's like that just cause so

he's probably a pedo too, psychos don't try to kill themselves like that

You obviously did not understand Taxi Driver.

no, people don't hate capeshit because every movie has to be fucking Eraserhead, Eyes Wide Shut or something similar.
Or because they are just fun.
They are hated precisely because the are NOT fun. Fun is in surprise, unexpected situations, absurdity, etc.
Capeshit doesn't have any of that. In fact, they are rarely more fun than sub-average 60'-90's action movies.

>never has an interesting plot-line that could drive the fun (it's always "save the world from [the bad guy] and his [doom device]")
>never show anything even slightly subtle or tell something in a subtle way
>EVERYTHING is cookie-cutter same boring shit all over
>the fucking quips (and no, quips are not one-liners)

I don't hate this movie. But it's fucking stupid. Very overrated.

Birdman.

Avengers 2 wasnt fun. It went on and on then nothing truly remarkable happened.

t. normie

Cynicism aside of it being a reboot, I really don't understand how someone couldn't find this at least mildly enjoyable.

It is what it is

Inception
Interstellar
Prisoners
Sicario
The Wolf Of Wallstreet
Fight Club