I've never been a Star Wars fan...

I've never been a Star Wars fan, so I have a question for Star Wars fans: do you like that Disney is completely milking the franchise now? Do you like what they're doing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LvswNDAAZCU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I've never been a Star Wars fan
Why is this important to your question? Why do you feel the need to implicitly separate yourself from the topic, and why are you even asking about it in the first place if you're not a fan?

No. But it has given me the strength to stop being a Star Wars fan

Every child deserves their own Star Wars.

I had mine back in the 80s. What kind of strange manbaby would still be watching Star Wars for himself into his 30s?

My kids will probably hate porgs the way I hate Ewoks and my younger brother hates Gungans.

There's so much merchandise now. I feel weird about owning Star Wars stuff now because it's literally everywhere - it's not really special or unique anymore.

>do you like that Disney is completely milking the franchise now?
i didn't like it when george lucas was doing it.

It's because I'm an outsider wondering how people who are fans perceive something that I see as a negative. It's very important to the question and I'm just curious.

t. this is better than any of the Disney Wars ever will be
youtube.com/watch?v=LvswNDAAZCU

>completely milking the franchise
There's no less milking it then there was before, the only difference is that they're still making movies and not 3 cartoons and 4 videogames at a time.

these

kill yourself, autistic snowflake

Yes every child deserves their own Star Wars. In the early 00s that role wasnt filled by the prequels though but by LotR instead.

Sadly the Star Wars of the 10s seem to be Hunger Games. No wonder everything goes to shit.

They paid a crapload of money for this franchise, so it's not surprising that they're squeezing as much money out of it as possible.

You sound disingenuous as fuck.

No.
>Do you like what they're doing?
No.

The Disney version definitely feels like there's a lot more studio melding than the Prequels. It feels like they're trying to play it safer in that sense. But that may be a good thing in some situations because George had a lot of bad ideas (the 50's diner, etc.) and nobody told him "no."

But the problem is that they're just creating little protrusions from an already-existing universe. Nobody is really in charge so they'll just rehash old shit and create abominations like porgs

The best part of Star Wars was how you filled in the gaps with your imagination to tide you over for the next film. Even when the EU was a thing, it wasn't really considered 100% canon. It was still imagination.

But now, with us getting a new movie every year, and them making all their explanations 100% canon, there's just no room left for imagination in the franchise. It's funny, but for the first time, a Star Wars movie is coming out and people aren't all that excited. Even with AotC and RotS, people were still pumped and waiting in lines.

They keep rehashing things and making callbacks to the previous films because that's the "safe" thing to do. They want guaranteed blockbusters that follow a proven formula and that don't offend anyone or push the envelope too much. If you start taking risks or trying different things, you may get better storytelling, but you may also get something that flops in the theater, so they're going the safe route.

Star Wars is dead for good, I have no interest in what they are doing now. Disney represents the worse of Hollywood. There are no artists over, they are greedy merchants. They're doing a reboot of the OT with a feminist lead. They could never come up with something worse.

No

IV 8
V 8
VI 7
I 5
II 2
III 6
VII 5
RO 2

They talked to a bunch of focus groups that told them that they wanted more female characters and more minority representation.

>RO 2
Yeah, you may love Star Wars but you don't know true kino

>everything is lotr
You know philosophers stone outgrossed fellowship right? Lotr and HP

>true kino
Youre a baby its cliche shit

I'd like Padme to milk my franchise if you catch my meaning.

>we went from this to Rey

Holy shit someone is right for once

I think movies every year will ruin it but the merchandising itself is nothing new for 40 years now

>open thread
>no pics of Natalie Portman's exposed midriff
Fuck you, gaybois.

It didn't matter because the movies were work of art. This time it's assembly line schlock crafted by a committee that is obsessed with catering to every fucking groups even if it's niche. because a shekel that isn't grabbed is a shekel that is lost.

are people pretending this is new, and that star wars hasn't been milked and merchandised for decades? that's how george made his fortune, slapping STAR WARS on every product he could.

>ywn bury your face in Pademe's ass and worship it.

Why even live?:

I dont like it pandering to muh strong women and muh diverse brittish nigger is trash